Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If you believe what you're saying, you won't go out and vote for a "Jim Crow Joe".
    If I don’t I live in a place that’s already going to vote 80% Biden and I don’t have any senate/congress elections to vote for, if I lived in a place like Florida I’d definitely vote for Jim Crow Joe.

I also donated $2700 (or whatever the max was) to Jim Crow Joe’s top primary opponent.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's a politician. He was "tough on crime" in the 80's and 90's, like a lot of Democrats, because that was the politically convenient position to have. It's not a good thing and candidates should be held accountable for their record. But Jim Crow Joe isn't walking through that door. If he wins, he's going to continue his record of doing whatever is most likely to keep him in the Oval Office. Fortunately, "tough on crime" isn't a politically advantageous position for Democratic politicians.

Meanwhile Dred Scott Trump is the current President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting more Cops on the street is faster and more direct solution than investing in education/family values and hoping it eventually improved the black community in a couple generations

You are making the assertion the profiling was wrong. It was mean but justified by data.
    I don't think # of cops is the problem. It's their job description that's the problem. Compounding the issue is how the system permanently brands criminals and actively prevents recuperation/assimilation.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Biden's a politician. He was "tough on crime" in the 80's and 90's, like a lot of Democrats, because that was the politically convenient position to have. It's not a good thing and candidates should be held accountable for their record. But Jim Crow Joe isn't walking through that door. If he wins, he's going to continue his record of doing whatever is most likely to keep him in the Oval Office. Fortunately, "tough on crime" isn't a politically advantageous position for Democratic politicians.

Meanwhile Dred Scott Trump is the current President.
    It’s politically adventageous for Democrats to get nothing meaningful done, maintain the status quo, and then bellyache about about Mitch McConnell is a big meanie (ie Pelosi and Schumer).

Thats pretty much exactly what Biden is going to do.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't think # of cops is the problem. It's their job description that's the problem. Compounding the issue is how the system permanently brands criminals and actively prevents recuperation/assimilation.
    I agree. Where do you stand on 'plea bargains'. Some argue it is a scam knowing many of these people don't have the foundation or resources to logically make it thru probation/parole. Setting them up for failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s politically adventageous for Democrats to get nothing meaningful done, maintain the status quo, and then bellyache about about Mitch McConnell is a big meanie (ie Pelosi and Schumer).

Thats pretty much exactly what Biden is going to do.
    The Biden Presidency is an opportunity for Democrats to show that they're willing to push a Democrat President for progressive legislation rather than sit back on their laurels like they did during Obama's 8 years. I plan to have a much more critical eye towards Biden than I did towards Obama and hope other liberals + journalists will do the same.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Biden Presidency is an opportunity for Democrats to show that they're willing to push a Democrat President for progressive legislation rather than sit back on their laurels like they did during Obama's 8 years. I plan to have a much more critical eye towards Biden than I did towards Obama and hope other liberals + journalists will do the same.
    I’ll be thrilled if you’re right but I don’t see it (at least with journalists and everyone else). I’m predicting 4 years of Biden ups that CNN/MSNBC respond to with “WELL AT LEAST HES NOT TRUMP!!!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be thrilled if you’re right but I don’t see it (at least with journalists and everyone else). I’m predicting 4 years of Biden ups that CNN/MSNBC respond to with “WELL AT LEAST HES NOT TRUMP!!!”
    Unfortunately you're probably right. Trump's Twitter account will probably still command a ton of airtime. Liberal punditry will focus on the ty things Republicans are doing and saying vs. holding those actually in power to account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Where do you stand on 'plea bargains'. Some argue it is a scam knowing many of these people don't have the foundation or resources to logically make it thru probation/parole. Setting them up for failure.
    Plea bargains are bad but they wouldn't be so compelling without a ed up system that delays fair trials for years and comes with astronomical costs. That's the bigger problem. We punish people for claiming innocence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Works for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, it will be gaffe central, talk about what he says even if it's just interesting gaffes, and ignore the content of his speeches (for the most part). We'll be back to not knowing about what the feds are doing, only having a dog and pony show now and then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which means many are willing to risk their lives to get away from the cops. Going to jail instead of being summoned to court is a problem that should only be reserved for violent offenders and DUIs.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nah, it will be gaffe central, talk about what he says even if it's just interesting gaffes, and ignore the content of his speeches (for the most part). We'll be back to not knowing about what the feds are doing, only having a dog and pony show now and then.
    Na I think spurminator is right, Trump will still be tweeting nonstop and CNN will talk about it around the clock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's progress. Gaffes have never killed anybody as far as I know.

I'll take gaffes over thousands of lives or the mistreatment of your own citizens by your own military.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's progress. Gaffes have never killed anybody as far as I know.

I'll take gaffes over thousands of lives or the mistreatment of your own citizens by your own military.
    People will still die, Joe just won't talk about it. He'll be a speech reader.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Europe desperate as Democrats to get Trump out of office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Europe desperate as Democrats to get Trump out of office.
    No

The world doesnt revolve around the US anymore, dumpling

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

Sure it does. These manufactured wars don't get put into overdrive without the US on board.

It's like you don't pay attention to your own .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it does. These manufactured wars don't get put into overdrive without the US on board.

Nobody gives a about US manufactured wars anymore niga

What war has US led the West to in the last 10 years???

That era is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

You're kidding right? They did fly a balloon depicting trump as a baby not that long ago but... it I'll take your word for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a mud skipper here only to flip flop on every issue and stir the pot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're kidding right? They did fly a balloon depicting trump as a baby not that long ago but... it I'll take your word for it.
    And someone dressed up as Kim jong last year in Singapore. Does that mean the world revolves around N korea niga?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody gives a about US manufactured wars anymore niga

What war has US led the West to in the last 10 years???

That era is over
    WWIII is canceled. Thanks for letting me know.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a mud skipper here only to flip flop on every issue and stir the pot.
    Pretty much.

Thread Information