Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dubious at best

Costliest U.S. civil disorders
    Includes riots and civil disorders causing insured losses to the insurance industry
    Dates Location Dollars 2020 dollars
    May 26-June 8, 2020 20 states across U.S. $1-2b $1-2b
    Apr. 29-May 4, 1992 Los Angeles, CA 775m 1.42b
    Aug. 11-17, 1965 Los Angeles, CA 44m 357m
    Jul. 23, 1967 Detroit, MI 42m 322m
    May 17-19, 1980 Miami, Fl 65m 204m
    Apr. 4-9, 1968 Washington, DC 24m 179m
    Jul. 13-14, 1977 New York, NY 28m 118m
    Jul. 12. 1967 Newark, NJ 15m 115m
    Apr. 6-9, 1968 Baltimore, MD 14m 104m
    Apr. 4-11, 1968 Chicago, IL 13m 97m

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...ivil-disorders
    T S A

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Had to include 20 states to get that guestimate?

'92 remains GOAT.

The police shouldn't murder people in the street.
    And blacks shouldn't come back thru and leave whites lynched to telephone poles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff D. Clarke says it best!

It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the at ude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colours, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect.
    ducks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sheriff Clarke is one ed up knitter

the police, the military aren't center of American life they try to be, and are way too much venerated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be Trill Clinton if he were real black and not fake black (and omega).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just private insurance loses, doesn't include property damage to government buildings and vehicles, government payouts for police misconduct and killings, etc.

Again, even if true, that says way more about how rare riots are in the US than anything else.
    Congress just approved 2.1 billion for capitol security, we have a new champ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    won't keep Florida Man's foot off the accelerator, but at least he won't have legal protection for the time being.

the judge's ruling references Jim Crow -- appropriately, IMO -- in the first paragraph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emily Claire Hari, erstwhile leader of Illinois’ White Rabbit militia, sentenced to 53 years.

https://abc7chicago.com/white-rabbit...rism/11020151/

Thread Information