Post Count
    GOP gov signs law protecting killers of protesters

GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis signs draconian

anti-riot bill,

gives immunity to drivers who strike protesters with cars

The new law

gives cops enormous leeway to define what cons utes a “riot,”

strips local municipalities of their authority, and

grants immunity to people who hit protesters with cars.

https://odaction.com/gop-gov-signs-l...of-protesters/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proposition B in SA would end collective bargaining for SAPD

Calling themselves Fix SAPD, the group began gathering signatures for a ballot initiative that would revoke the San Antonio police union’s ability to collectively bargain, the mechanism that allows the union to negotiate directly with the city over everything from wages to firing protocols, and reach legally binding contracts. Nationwide, workers in the private sector generally have a right to collective bargaining, a crowning achievement of the labor movement dating back to the New Deal-era, but the situation varies by state for public employees. In Texas, state law gives police and firefighters—and no other public workers—access to collective bargaining, but local voters can bestow and revoke the right. San Antonians granted their cops bargaining in 1974; now they’ll get the chance to reverse that decision.

In January, Fix SAPD submitted the 20,000 signatures necessary to get their initiative, now called Proposition B, on the May 1 ballot. If successful, San Antonio would become the first major Texas city to revoke collective bargaining for police. Doing so, Fix SAPD says, is essential to empowering civilians and holding bad officers accountable.
    https://www.texasobserver.org/in-san...he-cops-union/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

"in 2016, more black people died from constipation than were shot by police while unarmed"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after several days of completely peaceful protests, an emergency was declared by town elders and Elizabeth City PD donned riot gear against ~25 totally chill, out-numbered, non-violent protesters, and did a ty line dance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not Seattle, not Portland.

this is what a typical BLM protest looks like. zero calls to police or close to it.

~17,000 people live in Elizabeth City, NC.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/dem...r-summer-2020/

Banned
    My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gab

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oakland police lied about getting pelted with Molotov tails so they could go HAM on protesters.

Much of the violence laid at the feet of BLM was police riots, pure and simple.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you currently canceling, derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"in 2016, more black people died from constipation than were shot by police while unarmed"

The Post’s data shows police fatally shot 13 unarmed Black men in 2019, five more people than Kirk claimed. Also, police fatally shot an unarmed Black woman, Atatiana Jefferson, 28, on Oct. 12 in Fort Worth Texas. But the Post's database covers only shootings. It does not include deaths caused by beating, tasering or vehicles. George Floyd’s died in police custody after a police officer knelt on his neck for several minutes, which would not have been included in the Post’s data set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oakland police lied about getting pelted with Molotov tails so they could go HAM on protesters.

Much of the violence laid at the feet of BLM was police riots, pure and simple.

So... police response to protestors claiming police are violent and lie to cover up or justify violence is met with a violent police response that the police lied about to cover up or justify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So... police response to protestors claiming police are violent and lie to cover up or justify violence is met with a violent police response that the police lied about to cover up or justify.
    it's practically a self licking ice cream cone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far-Right Gang Killed Cop In Plot To Blame 2020 Protest Violence On 'Leftists'

there were plenty of su ions that far-right extremists seeking to intensify the public's fear of the "violent left" were in fact responsible for a significant amount of it.

These su ions were fed by such incidents as

the assassination of a federal officer in Oakland by two far-right "Boogaloo Bois" and

the arrest of another "Boogaloo" enthusiast from Texas for attacking
    a police station in Minneapolis.

investigating the Oakland incident, that in fact it was not the act of a single "lone wolf" and his accomplice,

but rather part of a larger plot by group of far-right extremists who called themselves the "Grizzly Scouts" and

planned a series of deadly attacks on law-enforcement officers with the intent of making it appear to be the work of the "violent left."

The Grizzly Scouts, according to the grand jury indictment handed down in April,

plotted a variety of lethal actions targeting law-enforcement officers

in the months and weeks before fellow "Boogaloo Boi" Steven Carillo—an active-duty Air Force sergeant—shot and killed federal protection officer Dave Patrick Underwood on May 29, 2020, and

then a week later, a Santa Cruz sheriff's deputy seeking to arrest him. Carrillo was a key member of the group, which in addition to planning attacks on police, engaged in paramilitary training exercises at the home of a member near Turlock, California.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/boogaloo-boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how mansonesque

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not just peaceful, overwhelmingly peaceful

In short, our data suggest that 96.3% of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7% of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.
    https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/ne...research-finds

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Amazing that something so overwhelming peaceful could also cause more property damage than any other riot in the history of the United States.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amazing that something so overwhelming peaceful could also cause more property damage than any other riot in the history of the United States.
    Tell it, TSA.

Testify!!!

Uh, T, uh, TSA, son, buddy boy, pal-o-mine, tights? C'mon, TSA, take me back into the warmth of thy embrace. What say old horse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides your claim being dubious at best ('Nam protests and riots come to mind), even if it was true, it says more about riots and protests in general in the USA than anything else.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Besides your claim being dubious at best ('Nam protests and riots come to mind), even if it was true, it says more about riots and protests in general in the USA than anything else.
    dubious at best

Costliest U.S. civil disorders
    Includes riots and civil disorders causing insured losses to the insurance industry
    Dates Location Dollars 2020 dollars
    May 26-June 8, 2020 20 states across U.S. $1-2b $1-2b
    Apr. 29-May 4, 1992 Los Angeles, CA 775m 1.42b
    Aug. 11-17, 1965 Los Angeles, CA 44m 357m
    Jul. 23, 1967 Detroit, MI 42m 322m
    May 17-19, 1980 Miami, Fl 65m 204m
    Apr. 4-9, 1968 Washington, DC 24m 179m
    Jul. 13-14, 1977 New York, NY 28m 118m
    Jul. 12. 1967 Newark, NJ 15m 115m
    Apr. 6-9, 1968 Baltimore, MD 14m 104m
    Apr. 4-11, 1968 Chicago, IL 13m 97m

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...ivil-disorders

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to include 20 states to get that guestimate?

'92 remains GOAT.

The police shouldn't murder people in the street.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dubious at best

Costliest U.S. civil disorders
    Includes riots and civil disorders causing insured losses to the insurance industry
    Dates Location Dollars 2020 dollars
    May 26-June 8, 2020 20 states across U.S. $1-2b $1-2b
    Apr. 29-May 4, 1992 Los Angeles, CA 775m 1.42b
    Aug. 11-17, 1965 Los Angeles, CA 44m 357m
    Jul. 23, 1967 Detroit, MI 42m 322m
    May 17-19, 1980 Miami, Fl 65m 204m
    Apr. 4-9, 1968 Washington, DC 24m 179m
    Jul. 13-14, 1977 New York, NY 28m 118m
    Jul. 12. 1967 Newark, NJ 15m 115m
    Apr. 6-9, 1968 Baltimore, MD 14m 104m
    Apr. 4-11, 1968 Chicago, IL 13m 97m

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...ivil-disorders
    That's just private insurance loses, doesn't include property damage to government buildings and vehicles, government payouts for police misconduct and killings, etc.

Again, even if true, that says way more about how rare riots are in the US than anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hilarious the "reality" these jokers are living in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's almost like they think the law shouldn't apply to them

Officers with the Portland Police Bureau’s Rapid Response Team — the unit responsible for policing protests in the city — resigned from the team together Wednesday night, according to multiple sources speaking on background.

The resignations came after news this week that one member of the team, Officer Corey Budworth, would face criminal charges for excessive force used during a racial justice protest last year, and that a second Rapid Response Team member, Det. Erik Kammerer, is being investigated by the Oregon Department of Justice on similar allegations.

Three sources who work for the city of Portland confirmed the resignations to OPB on Thursday morning. The sources said the officers remain employed with the Portland Police Bureau, but will no longer work as part of the Rapid Response Team.

The resignations were first reported by KXL.

Speaking to OPB on Wednesday, Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt said his office was still reviewing other use of force cases by officers related to protests, leaving the door open for further criminal prosecutions against RRT members.
    https://www.opb.org/article/2021/06/...response-team/

Thread Information