Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the majority of NBA players will have antibodies for next season.
    Probably only last up to the draft tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL a whole two prime-time games. Not a team on pace for a 35 win season with some bug sprayer replacing its best player will be worth watching, but damn lots of early afternoon games no one will be able to watch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL a whole two prime-time games. Not a team on pace for a 35 win season with some bug sprayer replacing its best player will be worth watching, but damn lots of early afternoon games no one will be able to watch?
    This will be fun and I'll be watching every one of the games...break out the DVR! I'm not expecting a lot of W's!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do want to watch basketball but I don’t want to see more political stuff. There’s enough of it everywhere I turn and go. It would be nice to have sports be a true escape like it once was.

i commend all those who stand for what they believe is right but man I just don’t want to see it during the games but it’s unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do want to watch basketball but I don’t want to see more political stuff. There’s enough of it everywhere I turn and go. It would be nice to have sports be a true escape like it once was.

i commend all those who stand for what they believe is right but man I just don’t want to see it during the games but it’s unlikely.
    Don’t watch. The NBA fan base skews towards social justice, so the tail ain’t waggin’ the dog on this. You are definitely the one out of step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per news4sanantonio:

SAN ANTONIO — NBA TV will showcase each of the 22 NBA teams headed to Orlando for the league's season comeback via the Team Restart series, beginning with the Los Angeles Lakers this Wednesday, July 1, at 9 p.m. ET. The San Antonio Spurs will be spotlighted on Sunday, July 26.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When has sports ever been apolitical? You have the national anthem before every game. NFL seems to always have flyovers from F16, from the Blue Angles, etc, and they do segments for the army all the time. In the first gulf war NBA teams wore flags on their jerseys like everyone was supposed to support the war. If it makes you feel uncomfortable that the black people you like watching are pissed at cops murdering their people and then being protected by the courts, by the police unions, by other officers, etc, it's on you. They're not required to censor themselves because you don't like what they have to say. Don't watch if you don't think black lives matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per news4sanantonio:

SAN ANTONIO — NBA TV will showcase each of the 22 NBA teams headed to Orlando for the league's season comeback via the Team Restart series, beginning with the Los Angeles Lakers this Wednesday, July 1, at 9 p.m. ET. The San Antonio Spurs will be spotlighted on Sunday, July 26.
    Probably at 3AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per news4sanantonio:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t watch. The NBA fan base skews towards social justice, so the tail ain’t waggin’ the dog on this. You are definitely the one out of step.
    When has sports ever been apolitical? You have the national anthem before every game. NFL seems to always have flyovers from F16, from the Blue Angles, etc, and they do segments for the army all the time. In the first gulf war NBA teams wore flags on their jerseys like everyone was supposed to support the war. If it makes you feel uncomfortable that the black people you like watching are pissed at cops murdering their people and then being protected by the courts, by the police unions, by other officers, etc, it's on you. They're not required to censor themselves because you don't like what they have to say. Don't watch if you don't think black lives matter.
    haha this reminds me of the video of the guy that was standing by his window watching the blm protest go by his apartment and then a couple of guys end up throwing rocks through his window and he begins yelling back "WTF, I'M ON YOUR SIDE, I'M ON YOUR SIDE!"

man i didn't say anything remotely of not being in support or anything like that. but you guys decided to get all bent out of shape and decide to accuse me of something that is untrue. but whatever.

again as i mentioned before i just want to watch basketball. basketball, for me, was the ultimate unifyer. Playing and watching. i never even remotely thought about race when rooting for my team or playing with my teammates. never. now...its being thrown in my face that this person is white, this person is mexican, this person is black, this person is korean. well thats nice, but we're all humans. right? and we all want for our team to beat the opponents. thats all that matters IN BASKETBALL. basketball is just a game, we all know that. its not life or death. but it can unify millions of people like its done in the past regardless of your background or where you came from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha this reminds me of the video of the guy that was standing by his window watching the blm protest go by his apartment and then a couple of guys end up throwing rocks through his window and he begins yelling back "WTF, I'M ON YOUR SIDE, I'M ON YOUR SIDE!"

man i didn't say anything remotely of not being in support or anything like that. but you guys decided to get all bent out of shape and decide to accuse me of something that is untrue. but whatever.

again as i mentioned before i just want to watch basketball. basketball, for me, was the ultimate unifyer. Playing and watching. i never even remotely thought about race when rooting for my team or playing with my teammates. never. now...its being thrown in my face that this person is white, this person is mexican, this person is black, this person is korean. well thats nice, but we're all humans. right? and we all want for our team to beat the opponents. thats all that matters IN BASKETBALL. basketball is just a game, we all know that. its not life or death. but it can unify millions of people like its done in the past regardless of your background or where you came from.
    Why does it remind you of that? You whined about sports being political when they have always been political. Your kumbaya race doesn't matter bull is a joke in 2020 in nation run by a white nationalist and it's good it's being constantly thrown in your face. It needs to be. If you're offended by black people with a voice standing up and speaking out against black people being murdered by police oh well, tough ing . I hope every player in the league kneels before every game because Americans should never forget about George Floyd, about Ahmaud Arbery, about Breonna Taylor, about Botham Jean, about Atatiana Jefferson, about Walter Scott, about Philando Castile, about Eric Garner, about Freddie Gray, and a lot of other black people executed by police.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does it remind you of that? You whined about sports being political when they have always been political. Your kumbaya race doesn't matter bull is a joke in 2020 in nation run by a white nationalist and it's good it's being constantly thrown in your face. It needs to be. If you're offended by black people with a voice standing up and speaking out against black people being murdered by police oh well, tough ing . I hope every player in the league kneels before every game because Americans should never forget about George Floyd, about Ahmaud Arbery, about Breonna Taylor, about Botham Jean, about Atatiana Jefferson, about Walter Scott, about Philando Castile, about Eric Garner, about Freddie Gray, and a lot of other black people executed by police.
    those people you listed should not be forgotten regardless if someone kneels or not. If someone decides to not kneel, it shouldnt mean that those people will not be remembered. The majority of people agree that those deaths were completely uncalled for. It’s just the reaction to those deaths that has caused friction. Most of it is understandable but a lot of it uncalled for such as any looting and vandalism to small businesses that have nothing to do with anything regarding what happened but they get attacked just because.

and in sports It seems like what all kneeling does now is just make others angry instead of trying to honor those that died unfairly by police. And this is where the division comes.

as for my comment on how their comments reminded me of that incident, i mentioned that because I felt like I was being attacked out of ignorance. Never in my post did I mention that black lives don’t matter or that the movement was unjust but that wasn’t the case. I just said I wish it wasn’t pushed into the sport because I know that all it’s gonna do is cause more division among fans and perhaps among players. Like it already has in other sports.

If politics have always been in sports then I never noticed it and I guess that’s on me. I at least have never felt any kind of divisive thing like what’s happening right now.

im not here to argue or get mad bro. That does nothing or solves anything.
    I just want to watch my spurs and see them succeed. I will always love this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is the reason that the ratings for this are going to be horrible your going to start seeing a whole bunch of rich ballers start calling in sick. As I said before this is going to be a cluster you could probably count on one hand the amount of players who really want to play right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those people you listed should not be forgotten regardless if someone kneels or not. If someone decides to not kneel, it shouldnt mean that those people will not be remembered. The majority of people agree that those deaths were completely uncalled for. It’s just the reaction to those deaths that has caused friction. Most of it is understandable but a lot of it uncalled for such as any looting and vandalism to small businesses that have nothing to do with anything regarding what happened but they get attacked just because.

and in sports It seems like what all kneeling does now is just make others angry instead of trying to honor those that died unfairly by police. And this is where the division comes.

as for my comment on how their comments reminded me of that incident, i mentioned that because I felt like I was being attacked out of ignorance. Never in my post did I mention that black lives don’t matter or that the movement was unjust but that wasn’t the case. I just said I wish it wasn’t pushed into the sport because I know that all it’s gonna do is cause more division among fans and perhaps among players. Like it already has in other sports.

If politics have always been in sports then I never noticed it and I guess that’s on me. I at least have never felt any kind of divisive thing like what’s happening right now.

im not here to argue or get mad bro. That does nothing or solves anything.
    I just want to watch my spurs and see them succeed. I will always love this team.
    I don't care if it causes division. Anyone who is so much of a snowflake to get his little feelings hurt over respectful nonviolent protest of police lynchings of black people is someone I wouldn't give a about losing as a fan if I'm LeBron James. You tell NBA players not to have a voice about things being done to their community and you're basically just telling them just dance for me monkey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird schedule. Only 8 games, and 22 teams, yet we play the Jazz twice. Not sure I get it, but oh, well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird schedule. Only 8 games, and 22 teams, yet we play the Jazz twice. Not sure I get it, but oh, well.
    I wonder how they figured the schedule out.

i also wonder with no fans in the stadium and little to no background noise, will we be able to hear the players talking or yelling at each other on the court or will they mute that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play in teams all play a lot of current playoff teams. We have, I think, 7 out of 8 playoff opponents. The 8 games is to reach the minimum payoff for the local broadcast carriers. I think there is some echo of what would have been the real regular season in the selection of opponents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... respectful nonviolent protest of police lynchings of black people ...
    Getting up to 30 dead nationwide. Hundreds of injuries. Thousands of incidents of looting, vandalism and arson... All 4 cops at the actual incident have been charged and will go to trial...

You wonder why people think the left is a bunch of dishonest lying weasels?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting up to 30 dead nationwide. Hundreds of injuries. Thousands of incidents of looting, vandalism and arson... All 4 cops at the actual incident have been charged and will go to trial...

You wonder why people think the left is a bunch of dishonest lying weasels?
    Are you ing re ed or just drunk this morning? I was talking about kneeling during the anthem as respectful protest of police lynchings of black people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might be best to no longer play the National Anthem before sporting events. People could still take a knee before the game and get their point across and those that feel the anthem is special won't be insulted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Spurs FB page

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might be best to no longer play the National Anthem before sporting events. People could still take a knee before the game and get their point across and those that feel the anthem is special won't be insulted.
    It used to, until very recently in the span of NFL history, be played while the players were in the locker room. The owners were the ones who chose to poiticise the anthem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It used to, until very recently in the span of NFL history, be played while the players were in the locker room. The owners were the ones who chose to poiticise the anthem.
    The whole "players on the court/field while the anthem plays" thing seems weird to me anyway. Especially in the NBA where a significant percentage of the players are not American.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all I know is Bryn Forbes will play 28 minutes per game which means the Spurs will take massive Ls

Thread Information