Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the level of fandom should be turned down a notch. I have been an avid fan for a long time but both my sons want nothing to do with professional sports. Its been that way for them for a long time going back 20 years. Their point is that it is a waste of time to live so much of your life vicariously through another person. Particularly for people who really could care less about you or your problems regardless of race. Maybe they have a good point.

Damn. Maybe wisdom hasn't been completely bred out of this generation of apes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry you are so bothered by the efforts to end the systemic oppression of people of color.

Maybe you’d be better off not watching and keeping your dumbass opinion to yourself.
    Lol the marxists duped you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if players wear BLM shirts? That said, I don't know what the point is. The people that are influenced by them are already on board with BLM. The ones that aren't have already made up their minds that BLM is just a political stunt that tries to shame them into adopting the BLM world view. It will only make certain segments of the population stop watching basketball altogether. To be honest, the best move the players could make is not shame those that don't agree into feeling like it is a moral obligation to adopt the BLM world view. As influencers, they should focus on entertaining folks and then use their platform away from basketball to talk about race issues without judgment. That's how you change opinions of people that ardently disagree with you. Wearing a slogan on your jersey has the opposite effect. But that's just my take.
    The new theistic religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your argument is that white people are being "oppressed" because they got fired for saying "white lives matter"?

No one is saying white lives don't matter. They have mattered more than anyone else for the last 250+ years in this country. That's the whole point of "white privilege".

For the record, I am white. I'm as white as the day is long. I could be a stereotypical poster child of white privilege. And I get that.

I also have plenty of friends who are black, hispanic, asian, arab, muslim, gay, etc...and they are getting tired of being treated different solely for that reason. I stand by them. Maybe this is their time to try to make the playing field a little more even, and fight a level of oppression that goes way beyond just "I’m oppressed because I can’t say racist things"

This is America. People can say whatever they want. They can also be free to face the consequences of how that is perceived.

If that is such an inconvenience to your life, then all I can say is get over it, bro.
    White guilt ridden white knights are full of lulz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the umpteenth time, this isn't politics, it's a combination of human rights/morality/common sense. Your cult leader has brainwashed you mindless drones into politicizing anything having to do with that to throw you off the scent and you inbred fools take the bait every time.

This is why this country (specifically southern states) are despised and a laughing stock around the world. People like you, who feed into the hick/redneck stereotype.
    You call everyone inbred, hicks, and rednecks... the narrative of the clueless progressive cult and its followers like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a really fan of the phrase, "Black Lives Matter". I prefer "Make Black Lives Better". I find it to be more inclusive in working on all problems blacks have and less divisive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a really fan of the phrase, "Black Lives Matter". I prefer "Make Black Lives Better". I find it to be more inclusive in working on all problems blacks have and less divisive.
    Why do you consider the phrase Black Lives Matter to be divisive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you consider the phrase Black Lives Matter to be divisive?
    The slogan from the get go was developed with the help of white liberals to trigger white people. Trying to trigger a person never creates a resolution. It only widens the divide. This also goes back to simple communication.
    If I want you to agree with me, then I need to speak to you in a manner that you understand. If what I say is offensive, then I need to change the way I say it so that you can understand me. This allows you the opportunity to agree with me.
    This is why I do not think taking a knee worked and even though it is going to be in vogue this fall, no one is really getting to the issues that black people and other minorities face. They are too busy arguing over how the message was delivered. People will say okay, take a knee to look woke, but they still are not listening.
    Words do matter. I have a company that I started back in 2002 when I was still a member of the NAACP. I refused to be called owner. Still do. Maybe these guys who "won" NBA teams should do the same. I cringe every time I hear a black NBA player talk about his owner.
    Last edited by dbestpro; 07-01-2020 at 08:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The slogan from the get go was developed with the help of white liberals to trigger white people. Trying to trigger a person never creates a resolution. It only widens the divide. This also goes back to simple communication.
    If I want you to agree with me, then I need to speak to you in a manner that you understand. If what I say is offensive, then I need to change the way I say it so that you can understand me. This allows you the opportunity to agree with me.
    This is why I do not think taking a knee worked and even though it is going to be in vogue this fall, no one is really getting to the issues that black people and other minorities face. They are too busy arguing over how the message was delivered. People will say okay, take a knee to look woke, but they still are not listening.
    White liberals didn't come up with Black Lives Matter, and the only people triggered by it are FOX and OANN watchers.

Black lives are a subset of all lives, so until Black lives matter, all lives can't matter. Basic logical thinking.

If you said that Red Matters, that is not inconsistent with saying All Primary Colors Matter, since Red is one of the three Primary colors, a subset.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all are being duped into believing ideas that are not validated by observations across the general population.

Racism does exist, and unfortunately will always exist. It's not as pervasive as the media claims it is.

The dogmatic plea to suggest that racism is systemic TODAY as it was during the Jim Crow Era or the Civil Rights era is a flat out lie. Other factors lead to the "inequality" gaps we observe today. But BLM proponents don't want to take a hard look at what those issues truly are. Instead they make a sweeping claim that everything is racist and in doing so nothing can actually be fixed. No law today is innately racist. Such laws are illegal.

The fascist cancel culture is justifying violence as a legitimate tool against other Americans. That alone says enough about the warped ideology behind their movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all are being duped into believing ideas that are not validated by observations across the general population.

Racism does exist, and unfortunately will always exist. It's not as pervasive as the media claims it is.

The dogmatic plea to suggest that racism is systemic TODAY as it was during the Jim Crow Era or the Civil Rights era is a flat out lie. Other factors lead to the "inequality" gaps we observe today. But BLM proponents don't want to take a hard look at what those issues truly are. Instead they make a sweeping claim that everything is racist and in doing so nothing can actually be fixed. No law today is innately racist. Such laws are illegal.

The fascist cancel culture is justifying violence as a legitimate tool against other Americans. That alone says enough about the warped ideology behind their movement.
    I think that the contention of BLM is that police systematically operate outside of the law, resulting in the deaths of black men. Vigilantiism, without consequence.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These people are so pathetic tbh. It's probably not even worth watching a sport when all you get is hypocrites shoving their baseless nonsense down your throat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These people are so pathetic tbh. It's probably not even worth watching a sport when all you get is hypocrites shoving their baseless nonsense down your throat.
    THEN

DON’T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White liberals didn't come up with Black Lives Matter, and the only people triggered by it are FOX and OANN watchers.

Black lives are a subset of all lives, so until Black lives matter, all lives can't matter. Basic logical thinking.

If you said that Red Matters, that is not inconsistent with saying All Primary Colors Matter, since Red is one of the three Primary colors, a subset.
    I did not say white liberals came up with BLM but they certainly helped to develop it. I was never a big fan of Malcolm X but he was spot on when it comes to the white liberal. They are masters at convincing minorities that they are on their side and then using the minority plight to support an agenda that does nothing for the minority but bring more hardship.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how uninformed people just judge a group based on the name they've given themselves. Since the name is something they agree with they clutch their pearls when others recognize the group for what it is.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that the contention of BLM is that police systematically operate outside of the law, resulting in the deaths of black men. Vigilantiism, without consequence.
    But the statistics don't validate that claim either. People don't comprehend the significance of the size of the overall statistical pool. As such, they are swayed by the media frenzy that accompanies every instance of alleged 'racially motivated' injustice by law enforcement officials. They don't understand the impact of the statistical pool or the interpretative error of claims or conclusions that are drawn when said statistical representation is not accounted for.

There are 330 million Americans in this country (not including the ~25 million undo ented aliens) and 700,000 law enforcement officials.

There are 360-380 million yearly interactions between people and law enforcement officers.

35-40 million of those interactions are with violent and dangerous criminals (murder suspects / aggravated assault suspects / car jackers / arsonists / domestic abuse suspects / rape suspects).

15 million of those interactions, in turn, escalate into confrontations where the officer ends up drawing his/her weapon (for various reasons; some more legitimate than others).

So when we see a figure where 1,000 - 1,500 people are fatally shot on average by police officers each year (all races), the upper end of that figure represents a tiny percentage (0.01%) of all police encounters against dangerous criminals in situations where a gun was drawn, and an even smaller percentage (0.0043%) of all police encounters with criminals overall.

I'm not denying that some departments are in serious need of reform. The calls should be to manage those issues at the municipal level with some procedural oversight (guidelines) from either the state or federal agencies. Looting, destroying public and private property, killing ideological dissidents, and full-blown anarchy should not be the defacto strategy to proceed towards that reform. In this context, the overall claim that black men are being hunted down by law enforcement is asinine.

Get rid of police unions. Don't shield officers that have proclivities towards physical engagement. Much of the problem would go away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White guilt ridden white knights are full of lulz
    I'm black and I don't believe in this cancel culture nor do I support BLM but for white people to act like racism is some made up thing is ridiculous. That's the problem in America Bigots want to make it seem like there's no racism at all and these leftist and BLM idiots want to to make everything race related. You can disagree with the left and cancel culture but for you to imply that racism is a made up or guilt trip is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm black and I don't believe in this cancel culture nor do I support BLM but for white people to act like racism is some made up thing is ridiculous. That's the problem in America Bigots want to make it seem like there's no racism at all and these leftist and BLM idiots want to to make everything race related. You can disagree with the left and cancel culture but for you to imply that racism is a made up or guilt trip is ridiculous.
    Racism is definitely real and it spans all the races. Youd be a fool not to acknowledge that.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racism is definitely real and it spans all the races. Youd be a fool not to acknowledge that.
    No racism doesn't extend to all racist in this country that's just not true. Now where you would have a point is if you said bigotry and prejudice spans all racist then that's true and I would be a fool to deny that. That's why I do't agree with this cancel movement because I know for a fact that that I have made bigoted statements against all races and would be pissed if people went back on my social media and posted bigotd statements of mine from years ago. I think people get racism and bigotry/prejudiced confused.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    reddit made it an official rule yesterday that you can target harass white people only on their platform without being banned

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's signal and noise. There are loud idiots on both sides (noise) who profit from making sure normal people can't hear each other.

If white people were as evil as most of you believe, they would have crushed your movements long ago, and prevented you from rioting or even protesting. You may think you are such badasses that you could have won a violent struggle, but you're an idiot of you believe that. Real white devils wouldn't give a about "optics". The ONLY reason the civil rights movement(s) got results was that most white people agreed with them.

But when you start telling people that they are inherently evil... saying that white children don't "deserve" an innocent childhood... saying that you have to pray to Allah for strength not to kill them? People who would support you are going to turn on you. It really is that simple.

There are poor, broke-assed white people living in trailers whose kids don't stand a chance at getting out. And you s make fun of them, like you are superior. The biggest irony of all is that people claim to be oppressed, and then do everything they can to emulate the behavior of the people who oppress them.

So sharpen up those sticks, you ing Neanderthals.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Maybe the level of fandom should be turned down a notch. I have been an avid fan for a long time but both my sons want nothing to do with professional sports. Its been that way for them for a long time going back 20 years. Their point is that it is a waste of time to live so much of your life vicariously through another person. Particularly for people who really could care less about you or your problems regardless of race. Maybe they have a good point.
    You seem a bit older than me

I naturally turned the fandom down a notch once I reached my 30s and realized I was older than the average player on the field.

Over the past 25 years, player salaries have ballooned making them even more disconnected from the community they "represent". This is the irony of players becoming more involved in social issues. 30 years ago "Republicans buy sneakers too" but today you see players on stage at political rallies.

This disconnect from the fans is growing larger with the insertion of politics. NBA is ahead of the game as I have felt for a number of years that the players have little alliegence to the cities they play in. It's just a place they sleep at a few days of the week, half the year. To them the opponent is their homie and the fans are creepy white fanboys (and their GFs/wives/daughters that they would gladly bed). NBA players look down on the average NBA fan.

The biggest change is currently occurring at the College level. School and even coach were always above the player. Now fans are noticing politics has created a racial allegiance. Your favorite player feels more connected to his black opponent than he does your school or even his white teammates.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 07-01-2020 at 01:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's signal and noise. There are loud idiots on both sides (noise) who profit from making sure normal people can't hear each other.

If white people were as evil as most of you believe, they would have crushed your movements long ago, and prevented you from rioting or even protesting. You may think you are such badasses that you could have won a violent struggle, but you're an idiot of you believe that. Real white devils wouldn't give a about "optics". The ONLY reason the civil rights movement(s) got results was that most white people agreed with them.

But when you start telling people that they are inherently evil... saying that white children don't "deserve" an innocent childhood... saying that you have to pray to Allah for strength not to kill them? People who would support you are going to turn on you. It really is that simple.

There are poor, broke-assed white people living in trailers whose kids don't stand a chance at getting out. And you s make fun of them, like you are superior. The biggest irony of all is that people claim to be oppressed, and then do everything they can to emulate the behavior of the people who oppress them.

So sharpen up those sticks, you ing Neanderthals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So just so we're clear you guys are trying to insinuate that black are oppressing white people in the sam ways that white people have oppressed black people in this country?

Thread Information