Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stats indicate that black lives don't matter to other black lives. They kill each other far more than white people kill them. It's hard to support a movement when there is such hypocrisy. They also commit more crime. So I understand that there is a stereotyping happening. Police will stop and prop a black person more often than a white. But they just playing the statistical game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See above

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your argument is that white people are being "oppressed" because they got fired for saying "white lives matter"?

No one is saying white lives don't matter. They have mattered more than anyone else for the last 250+ years in this country. That's the whole point of "white privilege".

For the record, I am white. I'm as white as the day is long. I could be a stereotypical poster child of white privilege. And I get that.

I also have plenty of friends who are black, hispanic, asian, arab, muslim, gay, etc...and they are getting tired of being treated different solely for that reason. I stand by them. Maybe this is their time to try to make the playing field a little more even, and fight a level of oppression that goes way beyond just "I’m oppressed because I can’t say racist things"

This is America. People can say whatever they want. They can also be free to face the consequences of how that is perceived.

If that is such an inconvenience to your life, then all I can say is get over it, bro.
    You're ing ignorant. People have protested in this way and been fired for it.

I frankly get that you see what you want to see. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

You're as racist as anyone out there, woke white knight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it makes NAdolph and derp angry, it's definitely working...

tbh, wasn't planning on watching, despite having league pass, but now I'm intrigued enough to see the epic meltdown here once a player and/or Pop takes the knee....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stfu sports are supposed to be an escape from politics i dont want to sit through game commentary about social justice every fooking minute & commercials about inequality every fooking break.........news flash your not oppressed you committed a crime & resisted
    Then

Don’t

Watch.

Pretty damn simple. If something offends you, you can simply choose not to partake.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Players have been "empowered". Even at the college level. I am encountering political threads for the first time on some sports outlets. And the common middle aged Man seems anxious and/or alienated with basketball and football

Make the shift to Baseball, Hockey, Soccer or Tennis. Better yet invest your time for actual physical activity.

The line between politics and sports is being blurred just as they did with other forms of entertainment. As they did to our children's schools and now our workplace. Remember who did this in November and make your opinion heard.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Players have been "empowered". Even at the college level. I am encountering political threads for the first time on some sports outlets. And the common middle aged Man seems anxious and/or alienated with basketball and football

Make the shift to Baseball, Hockey, Soccer or Tennis. Better yet invest your time for actual physical activity.

The line between politics and sports is being blurred just as they did with other forms of entertainment. As they did to our children's schools and now our workplace. Remember who did this in November and make your opinion heard.
    oh i will be voting for the first time the left has driven me to take the others side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh i will be voting for the first time the left has driven me to take the others side
    does the right know you like to other men's azz?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're ing ignorant. People have protested in this way and been fired for it.

I frankly get that you see what you want to see. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

You're as racist as anyone out there, woke white knight.
    Generation by generation, America is changing whether you like it or not.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Depends. Asian, Arab and Hispanic populations are projected to multiply in the next 50 years. Conservative demographics.

Black & White are decreasing. Wise move by Democrats to make confederate/slavery an issue now because the "new Americans" don't care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends. Asian, Arab and Hispanic populations are projected to multiply in the next 50 years. Conservative demographics.

Black & White are decreasing. Wise move by Democrats to make confederate/slavery an issue now because the "new Americans" don't care.
    Not every issue is a matter of red or blue.

We are talking about basic human decency here. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with this view is that none of those cases translate to your notion of American white conservatism, with perhaps the sole exception being Christian hispanics, which your average Karen (or you for that matter) can't stand anyways.

The GOP would need a substantial change in how they see immigration for this point to really hold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with this view is that none of those cases translate to your notion of American white conservatism, with perhaps the sole exception being Christian hispanics, which your average Karen (or you for that matter) can't stand anyways.

The GOP would need a substantial change in how they see immigration for this point to really hold.
    Not to mention that Hispanic isn’t a block, it’s many, and of all of them, only the Cubans are reliably conservative. Could have. Something to do with the fact that they are immediately and automatically legal if they step ashore. The Mexicans ain’t down with that, and don’t like them much. Any inroads made with conservative Mexican Americans was lost during the Trump years with all of the denigration and rapist allegations. Unlike Mega Church fools, the Mexican Americans can smell an atheist Democrat in Ttrump.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it's changing. Racists like you are getting rewarded for fake white knighting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So apparently players are going to be allowed to change the name on the back of their Jersey to express social justice issues...

Last edited by SpurSpike; 06-29-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see one that says. “Din do nuffin” lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the dialogue that is going back and forth cause that is how you get to common ground but one thing that will always widen the gap is insulting your opponent.

The moment you use insults is the moment you lose your argument. You win your argument only when you convince your opponent of your point of view. Ideally, you learn to appreciate the view of each other. Otherwise, you are just talking to yourself trying to make yourself feel better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republicans tend to do bad in polling with all minorities. They do super bad with blacks but they are hot doing so well with the Hispanic population. I would also say when it comes to Asians their popularity has gone down over the years. Asians are not a block. The Asian category is composed of people from India who are different race than Chinese,Korean. Indians vote at a rate for the democratic party that is close to the same rates that blacks do. Their big issue is H1-B visas which the Trump administration has made it a lot harder for Indians to get. There are Indians who are citizens that use H1-B visas to get friends and family members jobs here. The Asians that vote for Republicans are
    Vietnamese but even with them it's now dropped down to around 50 percent when it used to be around 70-80. Obvious like others have mentioned the republicans have lost the Mexican base due to their stand on illegal immigration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if players wear BLM shirts? That said, I don't know what the point is. The people that are influenced by them are already on board with BLM. The ones that aren't have already made up their minds that BLM is just a political stunt that tries to shame them into adopting the BLM world view. It will only make certain segments of the population stop watching basketball altogether. To be honest, the best move the players could make is not shame those that don't agree into feeling like it is a moral obligation to adopt the BLM world view. As influencers, they should focus on entertaining folks and then use their platform away from basketball to talk about race issues without judgment. That's how you change opinions of people that ardently disagree with you. Wearing a slogan on your jersey has the opposite effect. But that's just my take.
    Agree with this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot people that generally don’t care or pay attention to politics that feel the same way you do. Losing your business or having it burned down can change someone’s views/priorities real quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So apparently players are going to be allowed to change the name on the back of their Jersey to express social justice issues...
    Man I hope this isn’t true. Will all views be welcome? What if someone wanted “only God matters”, or “all lives matter”, or “America First”? This just will only cause more problems and completely turn the game into a political op ed. I just want to watch basketball. I hear enough about politics through other avenues.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the umpteenth time, this isn't politics, it's a combination of human rights/morality/common sense. Your cult leader has brainwashed you mindless drones into politicizing anything having to do with that to throw you off the scent and you inbred fools take the bait every time.

This is why this country (specifically southern states) are despised and a laughing stock around the world. People like you, who feed into the hick/redneck stereotype.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the umpteenth time, this isn't politics, it's a combination of human rights/morality/common sense. Your cult leader has brainwashed you mindless drones into politicizing anything having to do with that to throw you off the scent and you inbred fools take the bait every time.

This is why this country (specifically southern states) are despised and a laughing stock around the world. People like you, who feed into the hick/redneck stereotype.
    Welp, it actually is quite political. I think the NBA players refusing to stand up for human rights in China shows that human rights stances only matter for certain folks and usually they are drawn on political lines. For sure, there are many Republicans that side with elements of the BLM movement. I mean, you take away kneeling during the anthem and you ask white republicans how they feel about the different cases where Black men were killed by police unjustly and you will get probably close to 80-90% agreement.
    Last edited by cd98; 06-29-2020 at 04:03 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

im black you fooking idiot i guarantee you wouldnt say this to my uncles face bytch.......ive attended multiple rallys with him none of u would approach us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More deflecting, refusal to listen and victim blaming by you brainwashed closet/delusional racists.

Thread Information