Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You could have brought so many examples, like his terrible 2016 year after his MVP season, but you chose the year he started off 6-1, with 22 TD’s, 3 picks and 70% Completion (2nd in MVP behind Mahonmes) before absolutely tearing his shoulder in half and trying to will his team to a SB. You will see
    Well, it's not true https://www.pro-football-reference.c...-116-sum:stats

He was still good though

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I was a bit off, if im not mistaking if you added one more game to your study it shows 17TD 4 INT still impressive and was an MVP candidate

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is all re ed talk.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I was a bit off, if im not mistaking if you added one more game to your study it shows 17TD 4 INT still impressive and was an MVP candidate
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...-117-sum:stats

Still pretty good if you add rushing

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This is all re ed talk.
    Probably. It's not 2015 and he can lose to Stidham. It's still interesting to see what he can do

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Imo he’s going to need to beast in training camp in order to beat Stidham out. They wouldn’t have waited this long to sign someone unless they were fairly confident in giving Stidham a shot as the starter.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Probably. It's not 2015 and he can lose to Stidham. It's still interesting to see what he can do
    100%. I think Stidham is the starter.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Youre 100% re ed if you think Stidham is going to beat out Cam Newton. Theres zero positive sides of having Newton as a back up. The media is not something Bill wants. Cam is here to start.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Umm. 2017. Newton leads the Panthers to 11-5. His best receiver was Devin Funchess. They trade away his best receiver at the deadline (Kelvin Benjamin) despite them being in contention for #1 overall seed. The leading rusher of the team that year? Newton.

He doesnt need to be 2015 Cam to be an elite QB. 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 or 2018 Cam will do

Bill Belichick has raved about Cam Newton's abilities, and now he has a chance to resurrect them
    by Charles Robinson

Cliffs: Few are likely to recall it now, but in 2017, when the league was shifting into overdrive toward quarterbacks who could improvise with the football in their hands,
    Belichick called Newton “public enemy No. 1”
    when it came to guys who drove defenses crazy with their ability to create with their arms and feet.
    A few days later,
    Newton beat the Patriots in Gillette Stadium 33-30
    , throwing for 316 yards and three touchdowns while running for 44 yards and a fourth score.
    Belichick forgets nothing when it comes to the players who beat him. And there might not be a single coach in the NFL who has made a living destroying the league with players and schemes that create mismatches. It’s one of the reasons why the Patriots had an affinity toward
    Lamar Jackson in the 2018 NFL draft — to the point of not only working him out, but also considering him as the team’s next potential replacement for Brady.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartandhp

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    more read-option and RPO stuff will help the run game out. lord knows this team isn't going to make a lot happen through the air. edelman is virtually incompatible with Cam's playstyle, but it will be interesting to see if Cam can get some Benjamin/Funchess out of Harry

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Imo he’s going to need to beast in training camp in order to beat Stidham out. They wouldn’t have waited this long to sign someone unless they were fairly confident in giving Stidham a shot as the starter.
    I’d bet they offered to Cam pretty quickly after he was cut, and considering the cir stances (and their confidence in Stidham), let him seek out a better offer. When a big name gets cut, if Bill is interested he is usually very quick to pounce. I doubt he waited around and then just randomly decided to roll the dice on Cam.

I’d also bet Cam accepted this deal a while ago, but they waited until Goodell dropped the videotaping punishment to announce it.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Youre 100% re ed if you think Stidham is going to beat out Cam Newton. Theres zero positive sides of having Newton as a back up. The media is not something Bill wants. Cam is here to start.
    I agree tbh. I think Cam could have signed a bigger deal to be a backup elsewhere. The only reason he’d sign such a ty deal is because he is the presumed QB1 and he bet on himself to earn a big contract next offseason. But I’d also say the odds of Cam getting Bledsoe’d are higher than usual.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Umm. 2017. Newton leads the Panthers to 11-5. His best receiver was Devin Funchess. They trade away his best receiver at the deadline (Kelvin Benjamin) despite them being in contention for #1 overall seed. The leading rusher of the team that year? Newton.

He doesnt need to be 2015 Cam to be an elite QB. 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 or 2018 Cam will do
    I'm not Cam's hater but not a big fan.

I can't recall his 2017 season tbh. Two things I remember: he was extremley athletic and he was better without Kelvin Benjamin . Stats maybe can desprove it, but when Cam had KB, he forced ball to him and it wasn't pretty.

Right know I think he lost some of his athleticism. in 2019 it looked like it. Iirc, he was rushed back to quickly from injury, I didn't pay attention then tbh.

So, how good is he right know? I also always wanted to see how offense will look like with mobile QB (namely Cam ) under Bill and Josh. That's why it's so interesting for me.

I’d bet they offered to Cam pretty quickly after he was cut, and considering the cir stances (and their confidence in Stidham), let him seek out a better offer. When a big name gets cut, if Bill is interested he is usually very quick to pounce. I doubt he waited around and then just randomly decided to roll the dice on Cam.

I’d also bet Cam accepted this deal a while ago, but they waited until Goodell dropped the videotaping punishment to announce it.
    slob you are continuing to bring the truthful goods on the Pattycakes.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    There’s just no way he signs such a terrible contract with a “You’re the backup and have to beat Studham in training camp” promise. It had to be more along the lines of “We want you to start, it’s your job to lose”.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I hope you’re right, would want nothing more than to see them not miss a beat going from Brady to Newton.

Having basically a full year off should help him a lot. Imo Newton’s biggest issue the last 2 years has been that his body was just generally banged up and having a year off might fix a lot of that.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    ham isn't anything more than a non-twink version of Kyle Allen

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ham isn't anything more than a non-twink version of Kyle Allen
    I was hoping he’d start so they tank for T-Lo, there’s not a ing chance Stidham is a long term answer

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe they got him to play the Taysom Hill role?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I hope you’re right, would want nothing more than to see them not miss a beat going from Brady to Newton.

Having basically a full year off should help him a lot. Imo Newton’s biggest issue the last 2 years has been that his body was just generally banged up and having a year off might fix a lot of that.
    he was never really a very accurate thrower or a great decision maker, especially when facing the blitz. He used to have a cannon arm but that fell off in 2018. When he's at full strength he's incredibly hard to take down, but he's in his 30s now with all that time off, hence my T-Mac comparison.

then again, Brady was ass last year and they won 12 games. Gilmore in his interview is confident the Patriots won't miss a beat because they won 12 games with their defense last year... hmm.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he was never really a very accurate thrower or a great decision maker, especially when facing the blitz. He used to have a cannon arm but that fell off in 2018. When he's at full strength he's incredibly hard to take down, but he's in his 30s now with all that time off, hence my T-Mac comparison.

then again, Brady was ass last year and they won 12 games. Gilmore in his interview is confident the Patriots won't miss a beat because they won 12 games with their defense last year... hmm.
    They really win 12 games cause of their schedule though

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I don't understand people laughing at this move from the Pats. Textbook low-risk/high-reward.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They really win 12 games cause of their schedule though
    True, but the difference between the Bills and Patriots last year was the Patriots won both head-to-head games because their coach wasn't a complete fraud and their QB wasn't a complete choker even if he was 42.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't understand people laughing at this move from the Pats. Textbook low-risk/high-reward.
    Low risk Medium reward is more accurate. Contract is only $7.5m/1 year, BLM activists like Richard Sherman are pissed because of the Newton and Winston contracts, etc. But to think you're even getting a solid s of the 2015 or 2017 versions of Newton is ridiculous and hopelessly optimistic.

Thread Information