Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who gets shot out of the air, lands on his head, and then states he is fine.
    fckn liar.
    You did nothing of the sort, weirdo. I called you right out and you balked and whistled and kicked and grunted. Talk more about PhD headhunters and Time magazine, Asperger's boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part of the CIA officer didn’t have confidence in the intelligence are you having trouble understanding?

And more from Sec of Def

You fell for more Russia bull from the NYT, again.
    Well based on the ciphering that Jethro did, there has to be a certain ratio of truth to any falsehood, so Jethro is taking that as a sign and is willing to go to the mat with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whistleblowers
    Here you go buddy, please read this and think about it - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...iracy-theories

Trump was briefed Feb. 27, 2020. The United States of America has the best intelligence and their briefs that make it to the President's desk are extremely vetted and the gold standard. Russia paid $100,000 per dead U.S. soldier. Trump did nothing.

Trump is traitor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the NYTimes for saving the receipts

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It’s the elected representatives that decide where the troops go to battle, not the troops themselves
    It's also their choice to enlist in the first place. I know some of them get suckered in, but the majority don't. I have a cousin now who wants to enlist for the sole reason of going to war. Why, he came out so ing stupid, idk

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He will challenge him to a push up battle

You're a dog faced pony soldier, hater, as well as a hater, hater. Just let him shill for Israel like he's done for decades and get his nice little legacy that he's felt en led to since probably some time in the 80's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    womp womp

Remember, "hand picked lackeys." Yeah, O'Brien is going to be real objective here especially after the Bolton debacle.

President Trump appointed O'Brien to succeed John Bolton. And...

When many other intelligence officials who had been involved in briefing Trump on national security characterized Trump as inattentive, O'Brien disputed the characterization, saying Trump was "laser-focused on the issues at hand and asks probing questions throughout the briefings — it reminds me of appearing before a well-prepared appellate judge and defending the case."
    Hmm. Seems like a Trump ass kisser through and through. But I'm sure he's the lone voice of truth while everyone else who worked for the moron describes him as exactly that.

This is exactly why I referenced British intelligence (something outside of our partisan flinging and decrying every news source that has a liberal slant as "fake news") and the ensuing reporting to cut through the he said/she said. If the British were briefed, then it sure as stands to reason Trump was briefed. British intel also further confirmed the same plot against their troops. So are the British also a deep state actor out to hurt Lord Trump?

You're a guy who likes to dig deeper and find patterns to tease out supposed motives and reasons. You might ask so "why would the NSA and the Trump admin want to hide something like this? Makes no sense? It wouldn't cost him anything politically." Because of this:

On February 29, 2020, the Trump administration signed a conditional peace agreement with the Taliban,
    Trump would look mighty foolish and or incompetent cutting a peace deal with a regime that is still killing US soldiers. I won't even invoke all the smoke with regard to Trump's alleged Russian ties (i.e. his past dealings over there trying to get a Trump Tower built in Moscow. You don't do any deals over there without first going through the mafia and then maybe Putin).

Ultimately, though, this does come down to he said/she said. The NSA, headed by a Trump sycophant, is the only 3 letter intelligence agency that is disputing things.

The National Security Agency (NSA) has "strongly dissented" from the CIA and Defense Intelligence Agency assessments that the bounty plot is credible and real.[29]
    “This is the same scapegoating play that the White House ran in the coronavirus context – blaming Trump’s intelligence briefer for something that is chiefly and fundamentally a failing of the White House staff,” said Ned Price, a former CIA analyst and national security spokesman.

He added: “We now know that the information was included in Trump’s written PDB, which is how the intelligence community regularly flags items that the President needs to know. Nothing in the PDB is discretionary; everything in that short do ent is in there because – in the estimation of the intelligence community – the president needs to know it to fulfill his charge.”

Intelligence experts have also pointed out that intelligence routinely briefed to the president is rarely “verified”, but presented with varying degrees of confidence.
    To be fair, Price is a never Trumper. But I'll offer this:

Douglas London:

I think it's reasonable to assume that the president and the White House is going to try to change the narrative on this.

Leaks are a great danger. They compromise sources. But think about the topic we're speaking to. We're speaking to bounties. So if the Taliban or the Russians wanted bounties, that means they want people to know that there's an incentive and award for killing Americans, even if the Russians were disguising their hand.

While I don't condone leaks, under the cir stances, and I could imagine those who provided the information felt a bit of frustration that, having informed principals and the president of the threat from Russian incentives, financial incentives, and the dismissal of that intelligence, some of those folks might have felt that they and their comrades were being placed in harm's way by an administration that wasn't as concerned for their interests as much as their own political interests.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/a-...possible-leaks

And you'll see in that link that the White House is pivoting with the same "Deep State" and "rogue" trigger words as they've always done anytime Dear Leader is under fire. That's propaganda 101. Lie, deflect, play the victim, repeat ad nauseam.

According to Adolf Hitler, "The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly – it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over."
    Deep state, fake news, hoax, deep state, fake news, hoax, etc, etc, etc. Lord Trump even tried this with Covid ("a democratic hoax to sink the economy and ruin his election chances."). Sorry, Trump nor his administration are the trustworthy ones every time some controversy surrounds his presidency. Going back to Covid, I have no clue how people can continue to believe anything he says when he was saying, "Covid no biggie. Stock market looking up!" (while Republican senators were selling off stock) with his propaganda arm on Fox News echoing his statements.

That said, though, we're just flinging at the end of the day. Even if this story was 100 percent ultra verified, I doubt it would win many Biden voters or Trump defectors. I get that. They hate/fear liberals so much, it doesn't matter what Trump does as long as he stacks the courts with conservative judges and abides by the core conservative tenets of tax cuts for the rich, promotion of Christian values (whether lip serviced or real), and a hard line immigration stance. I'm the same way on the other side. It would take Biden killing a child with his bare hands for me to no-vote (I would never vote for a piece of dog like Trump). This is the state of American politics today. Compromise with the other side of the aisle is over.

Of course, I'll blame the right for refusing to compromise. The right consistently uses the slippery-slope fallacy to rebuke ANY proposed reform to one of their core beliefs. A few proposed tweaks to gun control leads to wholesale gun grabbing. More taxes on the rich leads to Soviet Russia. Universe healthcare also leads to Soviet Russia. A more lax immigration policy (i.e. the Ellis Island model perhaps) leads to totally open borders with drug dealers and terrorists entering by the millions and raping all the women and children. That's the Fox News rhetorical strategy in a nuts , which has thus become the conservative rhetorical strategy in a nuts .

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did nothing of the sort, weirdo. I called you right out and you balked and whistled and kicked and grunted. Talk more about PhD headhunters and Time magazine, Asperger's boy.
    you have retreated into silly lying tactics like the fools you try to protect

you chose to defend theoldren and spurtac

So you drop to their level of bs
    You want to make yourself a stupid target, that’s fine.
    Learn to live with getting your teeth kicked in old man.

What was the le of your piece submitted to Time Magazine and what was the subject? You know, the one that was heavily edited that gives you superior insight into MSM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His party leader is going to attack the whistleblowers instead of standing up to Putin like a man. Weak president.
    Attack whistleblowers and fire inspectors general that might keep his s my paws from corrupting everything he touches. Watching our country decay in front of us sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attack whistleblowers and fire inspectors general that might keep his s my paws from corrupting everything he touches. Watching our country decay in front of us sucks.
    And not one Repug has the balls to stand up and criticize Trash.

Trash is a symptom, the culmination of decades Repug crapification of itself and USA, not the cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, "hand picked lackeys." Yeah, O'Brien is going to be real objective here especially after the Bolton debacle.

Hmm. Seems like a Trump ass kisser through and through. But I'm sure he's the lone voice of truth while everyone else who worked for the moron describes him as exactly that.

This is exactly why I referenced British intelligence (something outside of our partisan flinging and decrying every news source that has a liberal slant as "fake news") and the ensuing reporting to cut through the he said/she said. If the British were briefed, then it sure as stands to reason Trump was briefed. British intel also further confirmed the same plot against their troops. So are the British also a deep state actor out to hurt Lord Trump?

You're a guy who likes to dig deeper and find patterns to tease out supposed motives and reasons. You might ask so "why would the NSA and the Trump admin want to hide something like this? Makes no sense? It wouldn't cost him anything politically." Because of this:

Trump would look mighty foolish and or incompetent cutting a peace deal with a regime that is still killing US soldiers. I won't even invoke all the smoke with regard to Trump's alleged Russian ties (i.e. his past dealings over there trying to get a Trump Tower built in Moscow. You don't do any deals over there without first going through the mafia and then maybe Putin).

Ultimately, though, this does come down to he said/she said. The NSA, headed by a Trump sycophant, is the only 3 letter intelligence agency that is disputing things.

And you'll see in that link that the White House is pivoting with the same "Deep State" and "rogue" trigger words as they've always done anytime Dear Leader is under fire. That's propaganda 101. Lie, deflect, play the victim, repeat ad nauseam.

Deep state, fake news, hoax, deep state, fake news, hoax, etc, etc, etc. Lord Trump even tried this with Covid ("a democratic hoax to sink the economy and ruin his election chances."). Sorry, Trump nor his administration are the trustworthy ones every time some controversy surrounds his presidency. Going back to Covid, I have no clue how people can continue to believe anything he says when he was saying, "Covid no biggie. Stock market looking up!" (while Republican senators were selling off stock) with his propaganda arm on Fox News echoing his statements.

That said, though, we're just flinging at the end of the day. Even if this story was 100 percent ultra verified, I doubt it would win many Biden voters or Trump defectors. I get that. They hate/fear liberals so much, it doesn't matter what Trump does as long as he stacks the courts with conservative judges and abides by the core conservative tenets of tax cuts for the rich, promotion of Christian values (whether lip serviced or real), and a hard line immigration stance. I'm the same way on the other side. It would take Biden killing a child with his bare hands for me to no-vote (I would never vote for a piece of dog like Trump). This is the state of American politics today. Compromise with the other side of the aisle is over.

Of course, I'll blame the right for refusing to compromise. The right consistently uses the slippery-slope fallacy to rebuke ANY proposed reform to one of their core beliefs. A few proposed tweaks to gun control leads to wholesale gun grabbing. More taxes on the rich leads to Soviet Russia. Universe healthcare also leads to Soviet Russia. A more lax immigration policy (i.e. the Ellis Island model perhaps) leads to totally open borders with drug dealers and terrorists entering by the millions and raping all the women and children. That's the Fox News rhetorical strategy in a nuts , which has thus become the conservative rhetorical strategy in a nuts .
    Solid post and well done. To which, I'm sure, you will get more deflection or simple outright dismissal.

As a veteran, it seems pretty clear that you can either "support the troops" or "support Trump". This makes that an either/or proposition.

I am absolutely livid that nothing is being done, other than making excuses for Dear Leader. I said a long time ago this is approaching the status of a cult, and shares many characteristics. We are there now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trash is a symptom, the culmination of decades Repug crapification of itself and USA, not the cause.
    Yup. Which is why that party needs to be rhetorically burned to the ground, and hopefully something built form the ashes that approaches sane, evidence-based, leadership. Won't happen because of the religious nutters though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup. Which is why that party needs to be rhetorically burned to the ground, and hopefully something built form the ashes that approaches sane, evidence-based, leadership. Won't happen because of the religious nutters though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for President Biden to give the Pootin a stern talking to

He definitely won't be arguing for Russia to be in the G7 between golf outings. or pulling troops out of German to make Putin happy, stupid mother er.

Trump defense on Russian bounty story falls flat, even with Republicans
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-defense...234205365.html

But for now... Trump is still president.

What the is your party leader going to do about it now?
    [Crickets]

Yeah, that's what I thought, you cowardly turd. Run the way the way you always do when your side steps in dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't know what it means, you don't belong on this forum.

You bend the knee yet?
    (shrugs) I asked for specific clarification, you declined. I am honestly not entirely sure exactly what you mean.

Don't expect an answer until you deign to actually say what you mean for once.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (shrugs) I asked for specific clarification, you declined. I am honestly not entirely sure exactly what you mean.

Don't expect an answer until you deign to actually say what you mean for once.
    Did you bend the knee to BLM yet?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

You need to go back and read the initial NYT story that claimed Trump was briefed on this, that is what this has all been about. It's obvious by the above you aren't very well informed on the topic. O'Brien isn't the head of the NSA, that would be Paul Nakasone. Nakasone's NSA dissented from assesments that the bounty plot was credible, not O'Brien. O'Brien is a National Security Advisor (NSA) who said a career CIA intel officer decided not to brief Trump because she wasn't confident in the intelligence. There was never a denial that intelligence was picked up, Trump wasn't briefed because the intelligence wasn't corroborated. The intelligence being shared with the British doesn't prove anything, it's just what the CIA does concerning preliminary force protection information.

Today, CIA Director Gina Haspel released the following statement:

“When developing intelligence assessments, initial tactical reports often require additional collection and validation. In general, preliminary Force Protection information is shared throughout the national security community—and with U.S. allies—as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure the safety of coalition forces overseas. Leaks compromise and disrupt the critical interagency work to collect, assess, and ascribe culpability.

Hostile states’ use of proxies in war zones to inflict damage on U.S. interests and troops is a constant, longstanding concern. CIA will continue to pursue every lead; analyze the information we collect with critical, objective eyes; and brief reliable intelligence to protect U.S. forces deployed around the world.”

https://www.cia.gov/news-information...rotection.html

And the NSA isn't the only 3 letter agency disputing the Times reporting

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention at all of the written daily brief.

That's all the confirmation I need tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention at all of the written daily brief.

That's all the confirmation I need tbh.
    Lol strawman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly right. Their strawman is verbal briefings.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    version 11.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [tappity tappity]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So basically what you are saying is that people who know the damage Russia is doing, and trying to do to the US are trying to stop Trump from helping Putin do it?

That's your play.

Trump acts more like an asset with ever day he says nothing.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So basically what you are saying is that people who know the damage Russia is doing, and trying to do to the US are trying to stop Trump from helping Putin do it?

That's your play.

Trump acts more like an asset with ever day he says nothing.
    Which people are you saying know for a fact that Russia was paying bounties? Be specific. Schiff obviously wasn’t concerned.

Thread Information