Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s just a design from some random dude on twitter.

The organization already said they’re picking a name that honors Native Americans.

But keep crying.
    That's unfortunate. Have you seen how much people love that idea? America is going to be so disappointed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Update

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs is discriminatory to horses tbh

Change the name, Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe redskins can can change name to

19 Names The Redskins Could Adopt Just To Tick Off The Woke Mob

Washington Founders

Washington Liberty

Washington Red Elephants

Washington Minute Men

Washington Jeffersons

Washington Colonials

Washington Columbuses

Washington Conquistadors

Washington Capitalists

Washington Founding Fathers

Washington Columbians

Washington MAGAs

Washington Deplorables

Washington Winners-Off-The-Field

Washington White Fragilities

Washington Vince Fosters

Washington Carpetbaggers

Washington Monuments

Washington 45’s
    duckflakes part of the snow mob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would've been changed years ago if they were the blackskins. Draymond got Silver to change NBA owners official les to governors within a few days and that wasnt even anywhere close to being this offensive.

Only BLM tbh.
    Yup they would have taken down the Mississippi flag years ago if it was...oh wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and btw, we are changing it because Native Americans find it offensive but let's just make it all about the most important minority while we're at it:

BLM ✊🏿

Silly since Tuskegee isnt in Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the Washington WillieFisters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You let your kids rape and murder in the back yard?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Date: July 6, 2020 at 11:10:20 AM EDT
    Subject: Fw: Fwd: Fw: The Washington Foreskins

I think all sports fans and most everybody else will get a kick out of this letter written to the Chicago Tribune. No matter which side you are on in the matter of renaming the Washington Redskins, this is funny. This guy is hilarious...

This is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins

Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am
    highly jilted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins.

One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the
    Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the
    reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives. I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children. The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers. Well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a die-hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in
    mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. As for
    the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the
    "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the heads in Washington DC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Date: July 6, 2020 at 11:10:20 AM EDT
    Subject: Fw: Fwd: Fw: The Washington Foreskins

I think all sports fans and most everybody else will get a kick out of this letter written to the Chicago Tribune. No matter which side you are on in the matter of renaming the Washington Redskins, this is funny. This guy is hilarious...

This is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins

Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am
    highly jilted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins.

One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the
    Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the
    reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives. I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children. The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers. Well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a die-hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in
    mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. As for
    the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the
    "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the heads in Washington DC.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should change it to the Washington Bullets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup they would have taken down the Mississippi flag years ago if it was...oh wait
    Dude we live in a time where your career can be ruined for defending yourself against a thug aiming a taser at you. Just because that thug has dark skin.

All they had do was ask. They have black privilege, tbh.

Silly since Tuskegee isnt in Washington.
    Yeah, but it's super pro-black so the masses love it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude we live in a time where your career can be ruined for defending yourself against a thug aiming a taser at you. Just because that thug has dark skin.

Not a fan of BLM, bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The brown snowflake narrative

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Black privilege in AmeriKKKa? FOH

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Meanwhile black player posting Hitler & Farrakhan quotes on social media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of BLM, bro?
    Not really. Are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not a fan of BLM, bro?
    Black people putting in all this effort to better themselves annoys him for whatever reason.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Black people putting in all this effort to better themselves annoys him for whatever reason.
    To be fair it’s not just him, I’ve noticed that Hispanics in general more just as if not more triggered by BLM than conservatives do.

They seem butthurt about the fact that they don’t receive as much white guilt pity as black people do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair it’s not just him, I’ve noticed that Hispanics in general more just as if not more triggered by BLM than conservatives do.

They seem butthurt about the fact that they don’t receive as much white guilt pity as black people do.
    most of the "social justice" outrage during trump's campaign and early term was aimed at the border wall, hispanic immigration, DACA, etc.

that and the muslim ban. like i said in his thread, FkLA's shtick is an actual example of the oppression olympics that people on the right mock

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

They could get off their asses and start Brown Lives Matter, but apparently the only thing Mexicans love more than border jumping with a 5 year old kid is pretending that their victimhood was forced on them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Are you?
    The non-fringe aspects of the movement are fine, sticking to reforming law enforcement in order to eliminate police brutality. The "cancel culture" fringe aspects of the movement are idiotic and counterproductive, though. No, I'm not committing a in' "microaggression" because I asked a tall black dude if he played basketball. I asked him because he was tall. That's a core issue with the more fringe elements of BLM and any other SJW movements, interpreting everything through the lens of race. I'm a bleeding heart, but I also abhor political correctness as a way to police speech. Every Spurstalker should be against political correctness, since this is why we came to this site, to call each other bean3rs, call certain basketball play styles "monkeyball," joke about the non-success of black coaches and black quarterbacks, call people honkies and white trash (Avante's family), stinky Pakis, and what have you.

I also never really liked the catch phrase because I knew how the right would spin it and it also obscures the fact that many other races are victims of police brutality. The stats actually show police brutality is rather proportional. But I don't doubt cops racially profile blacks at a higher proportion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The non-fringe aspects of the movement are fine, sticking to reforming law enforcement in order to eliminate police brutality. The "cancel culture" fringe aspects of the movement are idiotic and counterproductive, though. No, I'm not committing a in' "microaggression" because I asked a tall black dude if he played basketball. I asked him because he was tall. That's a core issue with the more fringe elements of BLM and any other SJW movements, interpreting everything through the lens of race. I'm a bleeding heart, but I also abhor political correctness as a way to police speech. Every Spurstalker should be against political correctness, since this is why we came to this site, to call each other bean3rs, call certain basketball play styles "monkeyball," joke about the non-success of black coaches and black quarterbacks, call people honkies and white trash (Avante's family), stinky Pakis, and what have you.

I also never really liked the catch phrase because I knew how the right would spin it and it also obscures the fact that many other races are victims of police brutality. The stats actually show police brutality is rather proportional. But I don't doubt cops racially profile blacks at a higher proportion.
    class/economics ties into it as well. black people are significantly more likely to be in poverty (for a mul ude of reasons, some degree of it being choice/culture but a non-insignificant amount attributable to historic and systemic issues). poverty correlates quite well with property and violent crimes, more policing in those areas, etc etc. even if it cant be demonstrated that a cop is more prone to excessive force when dealing with a black suspect, there's still no doubt that the black community is disproportionately impacted by bad policing, in general

Thread Information