My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So ten? Twenty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Neutered generation and we raised them to be
    you should be holding this up as one of the examples of the free market actually creating solutions

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    you should be holding this up as one of the examples of the free market actually creating solutions
    What is free bout Amazon CEO stroking his ego by banning. And solution to what?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I have no connection to Africa, thus I don't care what happened or happens there.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no connection to Africa, thus I don't care what happened or happens there.
    25?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then stop speaking on africa/africans.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    then stop speaking on africa/africans.
    "African-Americans"

Hilarious term by the way. Won't shut up about something that happened centuries ago.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "African-Americans"

Hilarious term by the way. Won't shut up about something that happened centuries ago.
    Iden y and heritage is important to you tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "African-Americans"

jim crow, separate but equal, racial housing policies, redlining, etc was pretty recent fam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jim crow, separate but equal, racial housing policies, redlining, etc was pretty recent fam.
    yep. and even to this day, implicit bias affects employment (identical applications with a traditionally black name are less likely to get called back) and criminal justice (higher conviction rates - mock jurors are even more likely to convict a black defendant with otherwise identical race-neutral evidence, higher sentencing for same crimes and comparable priors)

not to mention lingering ulative effects of what you mentioned (not being able to accrue family wealth until fairly recently)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't like being an asshole, it is not who I am. It's just too much coverage all at once and at times forced. To your point of view, this is probably just catching up to what should have been occurring steadily over the years. I hope we find a fair resolution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep. and even to this day, implicit bias affects employment (identical applications with a traditionally black name are less likely to get called back) and criminal justice (higher conviction rates - mock jurors are even more likely to convict a black defendant with otherwise identical race-neutral evidence, higher sentencing for same crimes and comparable priors)

not to mention lingering ulative effects of what you mentioned (not being able to accrue family wealth until fairly recently)
    this doesnt explain all of the problems the black community faces, though. they are significantly more likely to have children born into single parent households, which itself is a massive hindrance towards future success. to be fair, some of THAT can even be attributed to things like higher conviction rates, etc., but not all of it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't like being an asshole, it is not who I am. It's just too much coverage all at once and at times forced. To your point of view, this is probably just catching up to what should have been occurring steadily over the years. I hope we find a fair resolution
    Your safe spot is putting them back in chains.

Have you met yonivore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this doesnt explain all of the problems the black community faces, though. they are significantly more likely to have children born into single parent households, which itself is a massive hindrance towards future success. to be fair, some of THAT can even be attributed to things like higher conviction rates, etc., but not all of it.
    single parent doesn't mean that a father isn't involved, though and majority of black fathers live with their children. studies show black fathers are the most involved of all race and ethnic groups.

a lot of our problems stem from communities that never bounced back from the crack epidemic stuck in a cycle of poverty and drug abuse, poor schools, bad policing and lack of opportunities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact black people are here because their ancestors were literally chained to slave ships and brought here involuntarily while other minorities are here because their ancestors moved here for a “better life” is always going to give blacks a leg up in the victim olympics. Sorry but that’s just how it is.
    I mean sure, if slavery or Jim Crow laws were still in effect I could see your point. But we are so far removed from that despite SJWs and blacks wanting to play that victim card so bad. Blacks are better represented than all other minorities in pretty much anything thats high profile.

I'm not trying to play victim Olympics either. It's about equality and support for all.

Blacks didn't get together and collectively decide to live in hoods and do all the things you mentioned. It's cause and effect of their disposition in this country, which is almost impossible to understand coming from a different angle.
    Nah. This is America and it's 2020. We just had a black president. There are successful black people, that came from nothing across all professions.

Every race has these no ambition, low class, lazy people. We don't make excuses for white trash. Or the ghetto ass Hispanics popping out babies like crazy. Why do we make excuses for the blacks that choose to continue living in that cycle? Just because they have more of those people than every other race?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean sure, if slavery or Jim Crow laws were still in effect I could see your point. But we are so far removed from that despite SJWs and blacks wanting to play that victim card so bad. Blacks are better represented than all other minorities in pretty much anything thats high profile.

I'm not trying to play victim Olympics either. It's about equality and support for all.

Nah. This is America and it's 2020. We just had a black president. There are successful black people, that came from nothing across all professions.

Every race has these no ambition, low class, lazy people. We don't make excuses for white trash. Or the ghetto ass Hispanics popping out babies like crazy. Why do we make excuses for the blacks that choose to continue living in that cycle? Just because they have more of those people than every other race?
    What you mentioned are side notes, but unless you think black skin makes you want to live in ghettos and commit felonies, then you need to consider when exactly blacks weren't living in the poorest parts of town. When exactly was that? Most other races in the US progressed organically. The Blacks did not. They were artificially transplanted into a hostile situation and made less than human. This was true for hundreds of years. Coming out of that isn't fast or easy. There's no guarantee it will ever happen. Blacks in the US developed into what you see today through closed ranks communities and self protection. Survival mechanisms led them to not trust outside of their communities, and from there outside their race. The same isn't true for Hispanics, Asians, Indians or Native Americans. Many of those have some hard histories, but none were owned for 300 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    single parent doesn't mean that a father isn't involved, though and majority of black fathers live with their children. studies show black fathers are the most involved of all race and ethnic groups.

a lot of our problems stem from communities that never bounced back from the crack epidemic stuck in a cycle of poverty and drug abuse, poor schools, bad policing and lack of opportunities.
    It love to see those studies...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you mentioned are side notes, but unless you think black skin makes you want to live in ghettos and commit felonies, then you need to consider when exactly blacks weren't living in the poorest parts of town. When exactly was that? Most other races in the US progressed organically. The Blacks did not. They were artificially transplanted into a hostile situation and made less than human. This was true for hundreds of years. Coming out of that isn't fast or easy. There's no guarantee it will ever happen. Blacks in the US developed into what you see today through closed ranks communities and self protection. Survival mechanisms led them to not trust outside of their communities, and from there outside their race. The same isn't true for Hispanics, Asians, Indians or Native Americans. Many of those have some hard histories, but none were owned for 300 years.
    Excuses. The Civil War was 150+ years ago, the Civil Rights Movement 50+ years ago. The younger generation of black people that never experienced any of that dont get a free pass to have no accountability just because their ancestors suffered through it. Some people are just low lifes.

Is the "distrust" caused by slavery forcing them to shoot each other up over stupid like gang colors and drugs? To objectify their own women? To abandon their own children? To put down members of their own community for being "too white" because they're trying to be respectable members of society?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep. and even to this day, implicit bias affects employment (identical applications with a traditionally black name are less likely to get called back)
    What about everyone else? Are Maria de Jesus Gonzalez Martinez and Asalah Farooq just as likely to get a call back as Ashley Wellington?

and criminal justice (higher conviction rates - mock jurors are even more likely to convict a black defendant with otherwise identical race-neutral evidence, higher sentencing for same crimes and comparable priors)
    Not ok. But it's also dishonest to turn a blind eye to the role the black community themselves has played in helping create the bias against them in the criminal justice system. They don't make up the majority of the prison population because every one of them is a victim that was racially profiled. The large majority of them are just low lifes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about everyone else? Are Maria de Jesus Gonzalez Martinez and Asalah Farooq just as likely to get a call back as Ashley Wellington?
    Oppression olympics tbh. You’re welcome to show me a study supporting those rates

Not ok. But it's also dishonest to turn a blind eye to the role the black community themselves has played in helping create the bias against them in the criminal justice system. They don't make up the majority of the prison population because every one of them is a victim that was racially profiled. The large majority of them are just low lifes.
    thats the point. Stereotypes are reinforced. Self fulfilling prophecy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was illegal for black people to marry white people in Alabama until the 21st century

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What African countries have you stepped foot in?
    Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, CAR (worst place in the world), Djibouti, Somalia. Never again

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To be fair it’s not just him, I’ve noticed that Hispanics in general more just as if not more triggered by BLM than conservatives do.
    Can only speak for myself. I hate black people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can only speak for myself. I hate black people
    You used to throw down with your 18th street vatos against the Bloods, ese?

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One black guy beat me on 2k

Hated every black person I've ever come across since.

Thread Information