Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Cowboys fan here. Not sure how I feel about that. I've hated the Foreskins for a long time. I want them to keep their name.

What's next? Cleveland Indians have to change their names to? Chicago Blackhawks? Washington Nationals? Texas Rangers?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's gonna happen

New stadium = new $$$

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Should the Kansas City Chiefs change their name too?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Cleveland Indians absolutely yes, and not necessarily because “Indians” is too offensive. Although the logo probably is. At some point, “Indian” as it refers to Native Americans should be phased out of American culture, common American nomenclature. Not out of racial divide or political correctness, but because it’s born out of a mistake and it’s stupid that it has lasted this long. Columbus believed he was navigating the waves of the Indian Ocean. Mistakenly. Started referring to Natives in the Caribbean and Central and South America as “Indio” and “Indian.” Mistakenly.

Well it wasn’t the Indian Ocean. It wasn’t India. It wasn’t Asia. So why call Native Americans “Indians” for 500 years? It’s not offensive. It’s stupid.

Imagine going to Brazil and every store, restaurant, and home you go to has their AC blasting to a temp of like 60 degrees. You make a comment that these Brazilians must think they’re “Eskimos.” Then for the next 500 years Brazilians are referred to as “South American Eskimos.” Uhhhhhwhat?!

Yes, Cleveland Indians should change the name. Any sports team down to little league and peewee, any business, group, or product referring to Native Americans as “Indians” should change the name. Not because it’s racist. Not because it would be political correct to do so. Not because it would be kind. But because for 500 years it’s been stupid to do so and still is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cowboys fan here. Not sure how I feel about that. I've hated the Foreskins for a long time. I want them to keep their name.

What's next? Cleveland Indians have to change their names to? Chicago Blackhawks? Washington Nationals? Texas Rangers?
    They should change it to the Blackskins to honor BLM. That way it's totally not offensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But they really should get rid of that stupid Cleveland Indian logo with the big teeth

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cleveland Indians absolutely yes, and not necessarily because “Indians” is too offensive. Although the logo probably is. At some point, “Indian” as it refers to Native Americans should be phased out of American culture, common American nomenclature. Not out of racial divide or political correctness, but because it’s born out of a mistake and it’s stupid that it has lasted this long. Columbus believed he was navigating the waves of the Indian Ocean. Mistakenly. Started referring to Natives in the Caribbean and Central and South America as “Indio” and “Indian.” Mistakenly.

Well it wasn’t the Indian Ocean. It wasn’t India. It wasn’t Asia. So why call Native Americans “Indians” for 500 years? It’s not offensive. It’s stupid.

Imagine going to Brazil and every store, restaurant, and home you go to has their AC blasting to a temp of like 60 degrees. You make a comment that these Brazilians must think they’re “Eskimos.” Then for the next 500 years Brazilians are referred to as “South American Eskimos.” Uhhhhhwhat?!

Yes, Cleveland Indians should change the name. Any sports team down to little league and peewee, any business, group, or product referring to Native Americans as “Indians” should change the name. Not because it’s racist. Not because it would be political correct to do so. Not because it would be kind. But because for 500 years it’s been stupid to do so and still is.
    Jam with the goods per par. Agreed 100%

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Deleted

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But they really should get rid of that stupid Cleveland Indian logo with the big teeth
    That 's funny

They should change it to the Blackskins to honor BLM. That way it's totally not offensive.
    nawl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta kidding me son
    ? Why

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I misquoted the wrong post. My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    orangeskins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we alllowed to play cowboys and Indians in our back yard ?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You let your kids rape and murder in the back yard?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In honor of 45?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good point son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You let your kids rape and murder in the back yard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cleveland caucasians have a nice ring to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON BLACK LIVES MATTER would be a great name tbqh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Wow, so offensive. I'm beyond myself. As a white man, I can tell you that my anger is indescribable

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Washington Butthurt
    The Washington Snowflakes

I can live with one of those.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Barely see much remembrance of Native Americans in this nation anymore. I became a Braves baseball and FSU football fan in major part because of the N.Indian representation. By far the coolest with physical tools and vocal chants.

Fortunately for FSU, they have an actual tribe in their corner. Should the Indians/Redskins simply change logos/team names or also team colors. Imagine the awkwardness when fans continue wearing it. You are hoping it fazes out over decades. No more Chicago Blackhawks?

By the way not sure if aware but the Indians cancelled the logo. It is now just an awkward C.

Thread Information