Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starts just after the 7 minute mark on his latest podcast. That's about it for the extent of the Spurs talk.

Good news and an obvious decision . . . which is why it was in peril.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starts just after the 7 minute mark on his latest podcast. That's about it for the extent of the Spurs talk.

Good news and an obvious decision . . . which is why it was in peril.
    Thanks for the info.

7:11 mark (link to WojPod)

https://dcs.megaphone.fm/ESP72045570...7f2fa1335960fd

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    if thats true becky should be coaching not popovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if thats true becky should be coaching not popovich
    Uh no. Poop is playing God and will only allow Becky to make that leap when HE thinks she's ready and no sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll believe it when I see it. Brent Forms needs to continue getting his minutes to reach his tremendous potential.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This just means Forbes is going from the number 3 option to number 2

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer league in a “season”. I hope lebron catches covid mid way through.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have every chance to make the playoffs and should go for it above all else. It just helps that playing Walker is the best way to go about doing that. Walker should start, and Johnson should get a ton of minutes. Eubanks should get some minutes to since he's expiring, but I'm not uber hopeful about his future value. I'd only start playing Samanic if the team gets eliminated, and Metu not at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no. Poop is playing God and will only allow Becky to make that leap when HE thinks she's ready and no sooner.
    If you had to take a guess, you genius, who knows the Spurs system better Timmy or Becky???? Timmy of course, he is the obvious choice not Becky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have every chance to make the playoffs and should go for it above all else. It just helps that playing Walker is the best way to go about doing that. Walker should start, and Johnson should get a ton of minutes. Eubanks should get some minutes to since he's expiring, but I'm not uber hopeful about his future value. I'd only start playing Samanic if the team gets eliminated, and Metu not at all.
    Only way I see us making the playoffs is if those five playoffs teams we face are not playing their starters as much and are taking it easy on us, in which case we probably have to beat 1 of the following three; Kings, MEM, and Pels, to go 6-2 and have legit chances for 9th.

But I 100% agree that our best bet is playing Walker and our young players; Trey; Jakob, Derrick and Dejounte should all see more minutes. Probably Keldon too especially if we start 2-2, or 1-3.

Trey for example, scores significantly more points in games that LA sits. And Jacob when given the chance scores with high efficiency near the basket, he also screens well and helps guys like Lonnie attack the basket.

I was looking and this season's DJ's stats and compares favourably with George Hill in the same age. Hill is shorter but they have almost the same wingspan, Hill was 10 pounds heavier. Of course, DJ is the superior rebounder. Georgie scores with higher efficiency mostly because he was pretty good at attaching the rim, and DJ struggles in that area. But is not by much. The rest of the STATS are almost identical with a few minor differences. Without LA there should be more open paths to the basket and hopefully DJ has added some muscle.

And, like Brad Stevens said, we are treating it as a new season, and if that's the case; all of our youngsters should be one year better right?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had to take a guess, you genius, who knows the Spurs system better Timmy or Becky???? Timmy of course, he is the obvious choice not Becky.
    Who says Tim is actually serious about coaching and not just hanging out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the most dramatic daily event in the 8 games and the playoffs will be the announcements of which players have most recently tested positive for Covid... Championship favorites and odds could change daily depending on who gets sick, and the combination of close contact and Florida just being Florida will guarantee a steady stream of new cases. From day to day, the positive cases will be the big story, followed by the rush to count down the quarantine days after positive cases test negative again. What, for example, are the odds no one tests positive during the best of seven quarterfinal, semifinal, and championship rounds? I can see a Lakers/Bucks finals where Lebron is out after game 1, Giannis is out after game 2, and game 5 features multiple guys who haven't started for either team all season.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 07-03-2020 at 06:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring major injuries to stars, I'm generally not a fan of the asterisk debate in the NBA, but if Games 6 and 7 of the finals are characterized by Pat Connaughton and Marvin Williams outdueling Alex Caruso and Jared Dudley, it'll be hard to take it too seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell Pop he'll be viewed as super woke and add to his social legacy if he stays home to avoid Covid while aiding the protesters movement.

Worth a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF does WOJ mean by "my sense is"?

is his "sense" from talking to players coaches and executives and them telling him 'off the record' or is it just PURE speculation based on "reasons"

Can he tell me was his sense is on lotto numbers...

I'm really WTF?
    todays sports media

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish i could see a s5: murray/loonie/keldon/samanic/poeltl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish i could see a s5: murray/loonie/keldon/samanic/poeltl
    I would like to see that 5 or put Metu in for Luka either way would be good. Would still like to see Luka gets lots of PT but I think he is further behind Metu in development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan deciding to join the ranks of those not participating would be the best thing for White, Murray, Lonnie, and Keldon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously?

DeRozan deciding to join the ranks of those not participating would be the best thing for White, Murray, Lonnie, and Keldon.
    He'll probably go and after they're pretty much officially eliminated in short order and really turn it into a glorified summer league, with his minutes cut or even asked to sit out entirely, probably pout and maybe even go so far as to leave the team.

I wouldn't care except for the reality that it could push him to opt out and leave for nothing. In this scenario, the Pistons loom.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll probably go and after they're pretty much officially eliminated in short order and really turn it into a glorified summer league, with his minutes cut or even asked to sit out entirely, probably pout and maybe even go so far as to leave the team.

I wouldn't care except for the reality that it could push him to opt out and leave for nothing. In this scenario, the Pistons loom.
    Getting DeRozan's contract off the books should be the agenda. This toothless player is only here because Pop didn't want to rebuild in his final coaching days. Unfortunately for him, he's been forced to do it anyways. DD would net the Spurs a big fat nothing on the market with a year left on his contract before hitting free agency. Opting out would be the best thing to happen to the Spurs since Otto Frederick Rohwedder invented sliced bread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting DeRozan's contract off the books should be the agenda. This toothless player is only here because Pop didn't want to rebuild in his final coaching days. Unfortunately for him, he's been forced to do it anyways. DD would net the Spurs a big fat nothing on the market with a year left on his contract before hitting free agency. Opting out would be the best thing to happen to the Spurs since Otto Frederick Rohwedder invented sliced bread.
    Nah, extracting a modi of value in return for him should be the agenda. This is the last franchise that can afford to be giving away more assets.

He'll have a narrow market and any team trading for him would more than likely do so either with an extension as a contingency or with the understanding that there's a good chance of his re-signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope Forbes isn't part of the future, but yeah, that's about the best we could hope for with this ragtag bunch.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, extracting a modi of value in return for him should be the agenda. This is the last franchise that can afford to be giving away more assets.

He'll have a narrow market and any team trading for him would more than likely do so either with an extension as a contingency or with the understanding that there's a good chance of his re-signing.
    What do you expect to get for DeRozan? I doubt there will be much of anything offered other than bad contracts teams want to get out of. Unless the Spurs can land a half-decent first round pick I'd prefer letting him walk for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you do, try to get a 1st rounder for DeRozan. Letting him walk for nothing would be the last resort.

Thread Information