Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we basically we will need to trade LA to keep Jokob.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I too wish to know these examples!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might not just be minutes related, he might actually prefer to be elsewhere because I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall with DeRozan and the pathetic lack of play making beyond him and realizes even starting and playing 25-30 mpg, it's unlikely he'll be maximized here.

Given how much this organization loves being poached and giving away good assets in general and how unlucky they are, watch the Pistons or some other team come with a bloated (in excess of the MLE) offer sheet and them replace him with another net negative to add to the collection.

All of his advanced stats are very good. It's absurd that he gets half the minutes of DeRozan. And he's one of the best defenders on a team sorely hurting for defense. I can understand why he'd want to look elsewhere.
    It's logical with the construction of the roster. Aldridge can't defend "PF's" anymore and they can't afford a non shooter in the starting lineup.

Even if you want to argue to balance out their minutes more, Aldridge would have sulked and possibly asked out again. Given what they've been trying to achieve, they couldn't have that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not surprised he might want to be elsewhere and i don't blame him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see Potel play with Metu during the 8 games. If they could be a good big man combo that would be great for our future. Would allow lyles or Luka to play the back up big.
    Lyles is already better than Metu, and Luka will be soon. Metu will be lucky to be on the roster if there is any contention for the last spot. His year 3 is only partially guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might not just be minutes related, he might actually prefer to be elsewhere because I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall with DeRozan and the pathetic lack of play making beyond him and realizes even starting and playing 25-30 mpg, it's unlikely he'll be maximized here.

Given how much this organization loves being poached and giving away good assets in general and how unlucky they are, watch the Pistons or some other team come with a bloated (in excess of the MLE) offer sheet and them replace him with another net negative to add to the collection.

It's logical with the construction of the roster. Aldridge can't defend "PF's" anymore and they can't afford a non shooter in the starting lineup.

Even if you want to argue to balance out their minutes more, Aldridge would have sulked and possibly asked out again. Given what they've been trying to achieve, they couldn't have that.
    Dr. Strange used the Eye to scan 14 million futures with Jakob on any team , and in zero of them was he maxed by any team. Here’s a tip: if your name isn’t Anthony Davis or Karl Anthony Towns, you’re not getting a Max deal going forward. No center not in that group is. It’s a little mans game now, and only elite PGs and SFs are seen as franchise pieces.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt he will go elsewhere and triple his production. It is called the post pop effect.
    Spurs players usually don't do much when they leave outside of KL.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont blame him. Barely had more like 12mpg because he exclusively played behind lamarcus.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He consistently was the best Defender on the Team. He is one of the best Blocker and Screen Setters of the league, above average in Defense and Rebounds and efficent on the offensive end. And even though he is limited skillwise, he is very mobile which actually is good for this league. But because of Reasons unknown to anyone but Pop, Poeltl was the Player with the least amount of minutes amongst regular players. And that includes Belinelli, Gay and Forbes.

No matter Stat you look at, with him on the Court the Team was better. Not because he is the greatest Player of all time, but because he actually can defend and the spurs dont have many Defenders on the roster. And that showed game-in and game-out.

So yeah i can see why he wants out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is already better than Metu, and Luka will be soon. Metu will be lucky to be on the roster if there is any contention for the last spot. His year 3 is only partially guaranteed.
    I think many people underestimate him. I was Supporting DJ when he was a rookie and people still are underestimating him. Now I dont know how good Metu will be but he is at least an NBA player and I think better then Lyles. I also believe he would be a much better C then Lyles. As you pointed out next year is only partially guaranteed so now is the time to see what he can do against NBA players. Why should we wait till he is on another team and he turn out good and be I wish we still had him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude got buried behind Aldridge and Gay.

It makes sense on the surface, looking strictly at the star power of the names ahead of him.

But his impact on the team should be taken more into consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe suck ass a little less and you’ll play more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him at the right price. I would try to keep him around tbh.
    He’s not going to stay for the right price. He thinks he’s the 7 foot Austrian Michael Jordan apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is a better than average defender
    and that’s all he is. At a position no one values unless you’re defending the 3 good true big men left in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All true good centers are shooting trees these days, without that he is a replacement level player without any particulay good skillset, that separates him from the rest.
    Last edited by horseshue; 07-03-2020 at 11:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Strange used the Eye to scan 14 million futures with Jakob on any team , and in zero of them was he maxed by any team. Here’s a tip: if your name isn’t Anthony Davis or Karl Anthony Towns, you’re not getting a Max deal going forward. No center not in that group is. It’s a little mans game now, and only elite PGs and SFs are seen as franchise pieces.
    Jokic, Embeed, Porzingis are all max players as a centers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Lando Calrissian would say...this Kawhi deal is getting worse all the time...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic, Embeed, Porzingis are all max players as a centers.
    sad day when lamelo bal picked for nba.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigs are victims of the pussification of the NBA, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad day when lamelo bal picked for nba.
    What was your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just trade Aldridge for whatever we can get and give Poeltl the starting C spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that the Pistons want yet another Spurs big man.

He should be patient. His time will come. LMA is not long to be on the Spurs roster. I'd be surprised if he makes it through the entire season next year.
    -That is kinda interesting, Baynes, Boban, and potentially Poeltl.

-Agreed, I think Aldridge could even be gone by the off-season. He could be playing 30mpg as soon as next season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Parish would average 11.2 MPG in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can be at Clipps for the repeat next season with Kiwi. Not as if the Clipps going again with Noah.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max? I said, in excess of the MLE; meaning something like 4/$40 million. That's the only type of offer sheet that's going to give the Spurs pause.

In addition to the players horseshue listed, Adebayo, Ayton and Jackson Jr. are all likely or at least candidates to receive the max on their rookie extensions, as well as Gobert on his third contract.

Thread Information