Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it would be quite stupid of Poeltl to leave. Dude has developed so much with us. Still remember 1st day, he had no offensive game, looked lost on defense. There still more to learn. Plus he'll have more time at the C when LA Leaves, it'll be his role to lose.
    This a misconception. His first games with the spurs were just bad. But in Toronto he already proofed his value. Of course he developed further in San Antonio, but ironicly beeing behind LMA with limited Minutes halted his progress a little bit. When you looked at his stats, he had better ones in Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This a misconception. His first games with the spurs were just bad. But in Toronto he already proofed his value. Of course he developed further in San Antonio, but ironicly beeing behind LMA with limited Minutes halted his progress a little bit. When you looked at his stats, he had better ones in Toronto.
    He played behind Valanciunus in TOR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max? I said, in excess of the MLE; meaning something like 4/$40 million. That's the only type of offer sheet that's going to give the Spurs pause.

In addition to the players horseshue listed, Adebayo, Ayton and Jackson Jr. are all likely or at least candidates to receive the max on their rookie extensions, as well as Gobert on his third contract.
    No one is going to offer a career backup C that kind of money. , there will be starters that won’t get offered that much. So many of you STILL fail to recognize the sea change, that centers hold little value in this NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is going to offer a career backup C that kind of money. , there will be starters that won’t get offered that much. So many of you STILL fail to recognize the sea change, that centers hold little value in this NBA.
    He's clearly a starting caliber C, one of the two archetypes of the position that's in vogue and again, the only way to attempt to poach a quality RFA is to overpay. If someone offers more or less market value, barring extreme cap issues (which the Spurs don't have), of course the in bent team is going to match.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He played behind Valanciunus in TOR.
    Yes, and? He played more minutes and was more involved behind valanciunas. Was also an integral part of the Bench Mob, which was considered good enough to be a starting five on some other (weaker) teams.

And if you believe that centers have no value, well looks which positions many top players have right now, yes center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're all stretch centers n can shoot threes

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Small Update:

There was another Interview on ORF, which is an Austrian news outlet.

Basicly its similar to the one, with which the thread was opened.

Small Summary:

In Essence, he very much likes the Spurs Organization, but that his minutes and role are not were he wanted them to be coming into his fifth year.
    His main goal was to develop and make progress each year, but feels that he stagnates in his fourth year and expected more from himself but also to have more opportunities.
    He does not want repeat that stagnation in his fifth year. He sees the Orlando Bubble as chance to showcase his value and hopes to make the playoff with the team.

------

In the interview he attacks noone, just stating his personal opinion about his status as player and what he wants. What he said kinda reflects what i have seen from him all year long.
    Seeing the Playing Time below i understand were he is coming from.

Average Playing time from regular Players on the Team:

DeRozean: 34.3 Min
    Aldridge: 33.1 Min
    Forbes (?!): 25.1 Min
    DJM: 25.0 Min
    White: 24.1 Min
    Mills: 22.7 Min
    Gay: 21.5 Min
    Lyles: 20.2 Min
    Poeltl: 16.6 Min
    Belinelli: 15.0 Min
    Walker: 14.5 Min

I hope we can agree that Poeltl and Walker played well enough to deserve more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course this franchise would lose him for nothing, keep DeRozan and have Tyler Zeller as his replacement. Flopovich keeps in it up. Then next year he will say: "He looks like a completely different player. I haven't seen him play like that." Like he did when after he picked Plumlee instead of Bam Adebayo for Team USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and? He played more minutes and was more involved behind valanciunas. Was also an integral part of the Bench Mob, which was considered good enough to be a starting five on some other (weaker) teams.
    Not sure why someone would write easily disprovable things as if they're facts. Just a couple of clicks away - Poeltl played 15.8 mins per game in his two seasons in TOR and 16.6 in SA with identical FGAs, so he didn't play more and he wasn't involved more.

And if you believe that centers have no value, well looks which positions many top players have right now, yes center.
    Which centers? The ones who can shoot and you can run the whole offense through?

The Poeltl archetype is definitely not very valuable in today's NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not sure why someone would write easily disprovable things as if they're facts. Just a couple of clicks away - Poeltl played 15.8 mins per game in his two seasons in TOR and 16.6 in SA with identical FGAs, so he didn't play more and he wasn't involved more.

Which centers? The ones who can shoot and you can run the whole offense through?

The Poeltl archetype is definitely not very valuable in today's NBA.
    *facepalm*

You know that if you read stats you should be able to understand them. The 15.5 Min in Toronto are not reflecting his real playing time. As a Rookie and sop re he played less minutes in the beginning and earned more. When you look at games, he ofte had games with over 20 Mins. In the Playoffs he did not play much.

When you talk about centers. Embid, Antetekoumpo and others WERT NOT 3 Point shooters when they became allstar. Also i did not say Poeltl was on their level, i refuted that Centers arent worth anything.
    Poeltl is a Mobile Big, who is very effective with People around him who can shoot the 3. There is so much evidence fort that, is a unbelievable i have to point that out.

In Essence, do your homework before trying to educate someone. Sometimes you americans try to be stupid on purpose it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *facepalm*

You know that if you read stats you should be able to understand them. The 15.5 Min in Toronto are not reflecting his real playing time. As a Rookie and sop re he played less minutes in the beginning and earned more. When you look at games, he ofte had games with over 20 Mins. In the Playoffs he did not play much.
    So he didn't play more and he wasn't involved more? Gotcha. Glad we're in agreement.

When you talk about centers. Embid, Antetekoumpo and others WERT NOT 3 Point shooters when they became allstar. Also i did not say Poeltl was on their level, i refuted that Centers arent worth anything.
    You're the one who keeps bringing all stars for comparison.

Poeltl is a Mobile Big, who is very effective with People around him who can shoot the 3. There is so much evidence fort that, is a unbelievable i have to point that out.
    Who do you compare Poeltl to, that got his contract in the last couple of years then? How much do you think he's worth?

In Essence, do your homework before trying to educate someone. Sometimes you americans try to be stupid on purpose it seems.
    Well that's just stupid, wrong and unnecessary, but not unexpected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at every Poeltl thread.

Look at every post that even vaguely criticizes Yakob.

Now look at who replies to every single one.

Take his out of your mouth and turn the Poeltl notifications off, Shakril.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl's skillset is replaceable and his offense is garbage. The Spurs don't have enough good passers or ball handlers to make him look consistently great. So either he stays for cheap, or another team overpays him. Hope it's the former, but if he won't then adios you ing stiff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does seem like he wants to move on. Here is the article translated...

Jakob Pöltl is toying with the departure from San Antonio Spurs

Jakob Pöltl can imagine saying goodbye to his current NBA team San Antonio Spurs. The 24-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season. Pöltl is looking for a chance for more playing time, he could advertise the league sequel to the Corona break at the end of July in Disney World in Orlando.
    The Viennese wants to make his future dependent on the team composition. In San Antonio, he had to line up behind the former all-star LaMarcus Aldridge in the past two years.

"I don't know if that's an optimal situation for me another year," said Pöltl in an interview with APA . "I would be interested to look at at least a few other options and maybe find something that fits the concept better."

Pöltl becomes a restricted free agent, the Spurs can catch up with any offer from a compe or in the fall. The Austrian emphasized that he was generally positive about the team and the organization. "But as far as my career and my development are concerned, my role and the playing time are currently in the foreground."

Jakob Pöltl: "I expected more"

Before the Corona mandatory break, the center used an average of 16.6 minutes this season, scoring 5.3 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. "Then I'm in my fifth year in the NBA. I'm not saying now that I expected from the start to play 30 minutes in the fifth year, but I was expecting progress every year."
    However, the values ​​are currently stagnating. Pöltl said that this had to do with his own achievements. "It depends a lot on how well I play. Last year I expected more - from myself, but also from my role and my minutes. That's why I don't want to play another year under similar conditions if it doesn't have to be."

Bruh 5 years in the NBA and you still foul every 30 seconds? You can't shoot free throws? You don't even have a reliable hook shot? And you want to start?????

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven Adam's would be 100x better for this team, and that's considering he don't shoot at all either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Bruh 5 years in the NBA and you still foul every 30 seconds? You can't shoot free throws? You don't even have a reliable hook shot? And you want to start?????
    it's 4 years in a very limited role. Poeltl never said he wants to start, but a bigger role (more minutes) every year. and he also said in the interview that it's on him to earn it. don't need to say that he has to avoid fouling out ;-) i'm sure he knows better than you what he has to work on. and he knows what he can do better than others. perhaps you should mention this also. it's no coincidence he has the best netrating on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your not keeping him then do a sign and trade and if your doing that might as well go straight to tank mode and trade Deroz, LMA, and Rudy.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven Adam's would be 100x better for this team, and that's considering he don't shoot at all either.

Not on that contract. He makes more than Aldridge.

Thread Information