Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ‘Murca is ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that's not wearing a mask and social distancing now is a ing idiot. We had over 5000 new cases in SA last week and EMS is hauling a new case to the hospital every thirty minutes. They ARE going to get overwhelmed when the ones infected by those 4000 last week hit the hospital. Get that this weekend by being stupid and there will be no extreme care for you when you get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The thing is, this is a nation of underlying conditions. So many want to say "well, if you're old or unhealthy.." without realizing that many of their fellow countrymen and women are either obese, have some chronic condition, or past health issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that's not wearing a mask and social distancing now is a ing idiot. We had over 5000 new cases in SA last week and EMS is hauling a new case to the hospital every thirty minutes. They ARE going to get overwhelmed when the ones infected by those 4000 last week hit the hospital. Get that this weekend by being stupid and there will be no extreme care for you when you get it.
    Which is why death rate will rise despite whatever treatments or whatever age group is there now. None of that matters if you're in the waiting room or your car for hours losing oxygen. Also, it's only a matter of time before the younger age group spreads the virus to the older population.

About the EMS thing, I live near the Medical Center so I hear them all the time, but they've been running a lot lately. Seems I hear a siren a couple of times an hour.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The thing is, this is a nation of underlying conditions. So many want to say "well, if you're old or unhealthy.." without realizing that many of their fellow countrymen and women are either obese, have some chronic condition, or past health issues.
    They're flexing to make themselves feel ST superior. No doubt they probably have a close friend or family member who is vulnerable and maybe through no fault of their own.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're flexing to make themselves feel ST superior. No doubt they probably have a close friend or family member who is vulnerable and maybe through no fault of their own.
    I'd guess Dr Tholdren is a fat too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd guess Dr Tholdren is a fat too.
    With all his bragging about his former athleticism, that tracks perfectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all his bragging about his former athleticism, that tracks perfectly.
    "Over 6 4 and have an Instagram you too can be in the NBA; shoot 25pct from 3 shoot 37pct fg.... no problem"

"Hospitalizations flat, just increased testing, smoking kills more, just the flu, etc"

- Dr. Tholdren MD., PhD., Former HS All-American basketball star

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s wha I’m worried about, all the partying this weekend might lead to a surge our healthcare system can’t handle.

I love going out and getting drunk as much as the next guy but the people doing it are ing selfish. If everyone just made small sacrifices the last 3 months this would be over by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s wha I’m worried about, all the partying this weekend might lead to a surge our healthcare system can’t handle.

I love going out and getting drunk as much as the next guy but the people doing it are ing selfish. If everyone just made small sacrifices the last 3 months this would be over by now.
    Nah there is really no way for this to be over short of most of the population getting it and then sealing off the borders for a year or two, unless there is a vaccine distributed to most of the nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Literally the biggest crisis since WWII and America is being asked - not to pick up rifles to fight some Nazi horde or work 6 days a week in a factory making bombs - but to come together, separately, wear masks, and just stay home if possible, order in, and watch some TV with the family....

Dumb s can't even do that.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nah there is really no way for this to be over short of most of the population getting it and then sealing off the borders for a year or two, unless there is a vaccine distributed to most of the nation.
    Somehow the EU and Canada have managed to pretty much quash it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Literally the biggest crisis since WWII and America is being asked - not to pick up rifles to fight some Nazi horde or work 6 days a week in a factory making bombs - but to come together, separately, wear masks, and just stay home if possible, order in, and watch some TV with the family....

Dumb s can't even do that.
    Yeah it’s actually been a pretty easy 3 months. I’m working maybe 10-15 hours a week and my boss doesn’t care, haven’t had this much free time on my hands since college.

A lot easier than storming Normandy Beach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll probably be back unless there is a vaccine though.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it’s actually been a pretty easy 3 months. I’m working maybe 10-15 hours a week and my boss doesn’t care, haven’t had this much free time on my hands since college.

A lot easier than storming Normandy Beach
    I hate the type of work without actually getting to point to things with other humans in front of me and say did we do this, did we do this, good point let try this right now...

Its fairly obvious to me that social interaction to solve problems is life blood for me.
    I just want it to go away, its a bad dream.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem lol how bout those hospitals that were over capcity. Remember you said that would definitely happen in texas. You said Houston and San Antonio were in big trouble....

This did not happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem lol how bout those hospitals that were over capcity. Remember you said that would definitely happen in texas. You said Houston and San Antonio were in big trouble....

This did not happen
    On Friday, Vazquez said they tried to transfer two critically ill patients from Starr County Memorial Hospital but attempts to transfer them to any other hospital in the Valley were unsuccessful.

Those patients had to be transferred, via helicopter, to San Antonio and Dallas.

“There are no beds anywhere in the Valley, period. There is no way to transfer patients critically with COVID anywhere in the Valley,” Vazquez said. “All of the hospitals are on full diversion.”

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/07/0...-cases-emerge/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, well, the leaders of those countries don't push propaganda and misinformation to appease a vocal minority of complete ing re s, tbh.

And they'll probably keep it under control too by restricting travel from our dumb country.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah, well, the leaders of those countries don't push propaganda and misinformation to appease a vocal minority of complete ing re s, tbh.

And they'll probably keep it under control too by restricting travel from our dumb country.
    I know, my “somehow” was sarcastic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Friday, Vazquez said they tried to transfer two critically ill patients from Starr County Memorial Hospital but attempts to transfer them to any other hospital in the Valley were unsuccessful.

Those patients had to be transferred, via helicopter, to San Antonio and Dallas.

“There are no beds anywhere in the Valley, period. There is no way to transfer patients critically with COVID anywhere in the Valley,” Vazquez said. “All of the hospitals are on full diversion.”

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/07/0...-cases-emerge/
    Hospitals will never become full for the foldren because we can move people to Joe Freeman Col and call that a hospital. The care is not going to be anywhere close to what you get in the made-for ICU in the Methodist. They have already cleared some noncovid floors for covid care, and done a good job. But it only goes so far, you cant just start kicking everyone else out of a bed. Just pull cancer patients and throw them on a floor thats not set up for that type of care.

The foldren does not understand this and never will.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They just announced in Phoenix that they were going to be reopening a hospital that’s been closed for 10 years. It’s a ing decrepit building that’s probably infested with rats, if they’re trying to reopen it it means they’re really desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitals will never become full for the foldren because we can move people to Joe Freeman Col and call that a hospital. The care is not going to be anywhere close to what you get in the made-for ICU in the Methodist. They have already cleared some noncovid floors for covid care, and done a good job. But it only goes so far, you cant just start kicking everyone else out of a bed. Just pull cancer patients and throw them on a floor thats not set up for that type of care.

The foldren does not understand this and never will.
    His whole shtick is hahahahahahaha people can fit in the cafeteria and janitor closets. Never full lololololololol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just announced in Phoenix that they were going to be reopening a hospital that’s been closed for 10 years. It’s a ing decrepit building that’s probably infested with rats, if they’re trying to reopen it it means they’re really desperate.
    Oh but its a hospital and its not even full yet.

-Thefoldren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the old St. Luke's? At least they did some preliminary work there in March and April; maybe the cobwebs were vacuumed out.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Is it lost on Republicans that hospitals having to make decisions about who they will and won’t treat is the equivalent of death panels Sarah Palin scared all of you into being against free healthcare 10 years ago?

Thread Information