Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont even know what ifr is.
    bwahahahaahhahahahhahahah
    Wrong.

I've been telling you for months.

The best part is you don't know how to figure it out. And you claim to be good at math. Lolololpl

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bwahahahaahhahahahhahahah
    Wrong.

I've been telling you for months.

The best part is you don't know how to figure it out. And you claim to be good at math. Lolololpl
    If you understood it you would know everything you personally doubt cant be used in its calculation.
    You are an idiot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you understood it you would know everything you personally doubt cant be used in its calculation.
    You are an idiot.
    lololol

Wr
    On
    G

Bwehehehehheheheheh

Quick calculate ifr.

O u can't

Chumpdump jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lololol

Wr
    On
    G

Bwehehehehheheheheh

Quick calculate ifr.

O u can't

Chumpdump jr.
    Quick calculate it?

Sure.
    You give me the parameters and numbers I need and then explain why they cant be trusted.

Idiot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick calculate it?

Sure.
    You give me the parameters and numbers I need and then explain why they cant be trusted.

Idiot.
    Lololollololol so you don't know how to calculate ifr? Then how are you able to gossip about the dangers of the disease?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lololollololol so you don't know how to calculate ifr? Then how are you able to gossip about the dangers of the disease?
    You have to have numbers, counts...
    where do you get em from since you dont believe any but the ones you want.

You dont even know what numbers to give me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol u do not know how to calculate based on positivity. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol u do not know how to calculate based on positivity. Lol
    Step up to the plate, got.

CDC estimates the number of actual infected to be 10x higher than the official number. Do the math, and the IFR is higher than any flu season of the last 100 years.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fldren

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step up to the plate, got.

CDC estimates the number of actual infected to be 10x higher than the official number. Do the math, and the IFR is higher than any flu season of the last 100 years.
    Bwahhahahahahaahzhzhzzhh

Says infectiom rate 10x higher.... yet doesn't understand that would.....
    Lower
    Ifr

Uh oh......

Now you are getting it......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahhahahahahaahzhzhzzhh

Says infectiom rate 10x higher.... yet doesn't understand that would.....
    Lower
    Ifr

Uh oh......

Now you are getting it......
    No , got. But you keep claiming the virus's "true IFR" is less than the flu. From decades of data, we know the flu's IFR is about .001 in the US. At 10x the official count, that would put Covid's true number of infected at 30 million. 132K/30 million=.004.

And at you thinking you've happened upon some new knowledge. I, along with many others, speculated Covid's true mortality rate to be between .0033 and .01 months ago. And what you're failing to grasp is that something with 4x the mortality as the flu is really in' bad.

So again, turn off Fox, stay home, and when you go out, wear a in' mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though Covid's true IFR is probably around 4x to 10x that of the the flu, what this dip also fails to grasp is that IFR doesn't in anyway define risk. If we have one virus that is 100x less transmissible but 10x (let's say IFR of 20 percent) more deadly than a virus that has an IFR of 2 percent, your odds of dying from the latter virus are much greater.

To simplify it, AIDS is much more deadly than the flu, but you're much more likely to die of the flu, meaning the flu is actually the deadlier disease. Covid has a much higher R0 than the flu. Evidenced by the pneumonia death graph tholden fails to acknowledge. So even if Covid's IFR was lower (it isn't), it'd still be the deadlier disease.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Valid point, but the guys wear no covering and are the ones actually contributing to the spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though Covid's true IFR is probably around 4x to 10x that of the the flu, what this dip also fails to grasp is that IFR doesn't in anyway define risk. If we have one virus that is 100x less transmissible but 10x (let's say IFR of 20 percent) more deadly than a virus that has an IFR of 2 percent, your odds of dying from the latter virus are much greater.

To simplify it, AIDS is much more deadly than the flu, but you're much more likely to die of the flu, meaning the flu is actually the deadlier disease. Covid has a much higher R0 than the flu. Evidenced by the pneumonia death graph tholden fails to acknowledge. So even if Covid's IFR was lower (it isn't), it'd still be the deadlier disease.
    Yeah. Thanks for explaining things thoroughly. His self-determined secret IFR formula is all he has after taking one of the biggest Ls in ST history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Thanks for explaining things thoroughly. His self-determined secret IFR formula is all he has after taking one of the biggest Ls in ST history.
    These people are beyond reasoning with. I remember when Fauci came out with his original projection of 100k to 200k deaths by the Fall (I think we were at like 2K deaths), wingnuts like Chris's friend Bill Mitc couldn't believe it and said, "Fauci set such a high target that will be so easy for Trump to beat. Will Liberals hail Trump as a hero when we fall short of 100K deaths, much less 200K?"

And here we are. Now the deflections are the "old people argument," (it's not that bad, it only kills old people!), they're cooking the books!, and other assorted nonsense to keep from admitting how wrong they are.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you DP'ed Dr Tholden pretty good there

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people are beyond reasoning with. I remember when Fauci came out with his original projection of 100k to 200k deaths by the Fall (I think we were at like 2K deaths), wingnuts like Chris's friend Bill Mitc couldn't believe it and said, "Fauci set such a high target that will be so easy for Trump to beat. Will Liberals hail Trump as a hero when we fall short of 100K deaths, much less 200K?"

And here we are. Now the deflections are the "old people argument," (it's not that bad, it only kills old people!), they're cooking the books!, and other assorted nonsense to keep from admitting how wrong they are.
    Fauci is a player more than a concerned en y at this point. His history of corruption and contradictions is well known.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci is a player more than a concerned en y at this point. His history of corruption and contradictions is well known.
    What's his history of corruption? It's not well-known.

No YouTubes or memes, please. Use your own words.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yup.

Fauci in March: Doesn't make sense for people to wear masks

Fauci now: Wear masks, everyone.

And his explanation on it when pressed, is BS. We didn't want people running out and taking n95's from health care works. Ok, but nobody is talking about n95's...if simple face coverings such a bandana are acceptable then why didn't you say so from the beginning? He has no legitimate answer, so I am starting to believe he is just a political operative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not who made the projection, it's the number. Wingnuts couldn't believe 100k-200k would die from this in the first wave, cuz, "That jus' don' happen in tha gratess ry in tha wurld!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

Fauci in March: Doesn't make sense for people to wear masks

Fauci now: Wear masks, everyone.

And his explanation on it when pressed, is BS. We didn't want people running out and taking n95's from health care works. Ok, but nobody is talking about n95's...if simple face coverings such a bandana are acceptable then why didn't you say so from the beginning? He has no legitimate answer, so I am starting to believe he is just a political operative.
    I agree Fauci was flip-floppy there and those are the type of gaffes that lose trust. But early on, I understood the overall recommendation against the cloth surgical masks for the general public because it was thought one of the main vectors of transmission was touching contaminated surfaces and then touching your face. I see it out and about. People touching their face, fidgeting with the mask, especially smokers. Masks would've done little in that regard. Luckily later studies have shown the virus doesn't transmit that way very effectively. We now know that main vector is through respiratory droplets in an indoor setting (church, bar, restaurant, etc).

Thread Information