Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Fortunately, the Trump Administration secured a massive supply of hydroxychloroquine for the national stockpile months ago," a statement read. "Yet this is the same drug that the media and the Biden campaign spent weeks trying to discredit and spread fear and doubt around because President Trump dared to mention it as a potential treatment for coronavirus."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP didn't put CNN link on this.

@ them eating that crow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually on CNN. But does anyone know how to read articles anymore or do we just read headlines?

Here's a red flag:

"Overall crude mortality rates were 18.1% in the entire cohort, 13.5% in the hydroxychloroquine alone group, 20.1% among those receiving hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 22.4% among the azithromycin alone group, and 26.4% for neither drug," the team wrote in a report published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
    The 13.5% number for Hydroxy alone doesn't make sense when we have a 20.1% figure when azithromycin. You'd expect the control with azithromycin would be the same as hydroxy alone, since azithromycin has similar side effects as Hydroxy. This seems like "noisy data" to me.

Yep:

Researchers not involved in the Henry Ford study pointed out it wasn't of the same quality of the studies showing hydroxychloroquine did not help patients, and said other treatments, such as the use of the steroid dexamethasone, might have accounted for the better survival of some patients.
    Before the conspiri deflections happen, the researchers of this study admit as such.

Kalkanis said that their findings do not necessarily contradict those of earlier studies. "We also want to make the point that just because our results differ from some others that may have been published, it doesn't make those studies wrong or definitely a conflict. What it simply means is that by looking at the nuanced data of which patients actually benefited and when, we might be able to further unlock the code of how this disease works," he said.
    What's the problem here? Selective sampling. Quote:

Researchers not involved with the study were critical. They noted that the Henry Ford team did not randomly treat patients but selected them for various treatments based on certain criteria.
    Dear Leader was touting it as a game changing miracle drug and this study actually contradicts that. It seems the researchers of this study have concluded that it MIGHT work for SPECIFIC patients.

To throw more cold water on this, the UK study that featured 11,000 test subjects and was performed as a real clinical trial found:

The UK trial, run by the University of Oxford, enrolled more than 11,000 patients.

"We have concluded that there is no beneficial effect of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized with COVID-19," the Oxford doctors concluded.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...udy/index.html

: you're just skeptical because Lord Trump promoted the drug.

Yes, I'm sure the UK study that found no benefit is also part of the "deep state" figuring out how to harm Lord Trump. The primary issue with touting this drug when there is yet NO evidence that it works is because it caused a run on it that left Lupus patients and others who actually need facing shortages.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/01/82505...n-short-supply

And now I suspect there to be another run. Unacceptable when the science isn't settled. But I know the base is desperate for a Trump win, which is all they care about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the FDA revoke emergency use then?

And lol "secured a massive stockpile". Back in March big pharma donated all of these globally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the FDA revoke emergency use then?

And lol "secured a massive stockpile". Back in March big pharma donated all of these globally.
    How you feeling about Trump vs. Biden? I got 200.00 on Trump winning the election if you're up for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you feeling about Trump vs. Biden? I got 200.00 on Trump winning the election if you're up for it.
    sure, I’ll take the field against Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually on CNN. But does anyone know how to read articles anymore or do we just read headlines?

Here's a red flag:

The 13.5% number for Hydroxy alone doesn't make sense when we have a 20.1% figure when azithromycin. You'd expect the control with azithromycin would be the same as hydroxy alone, since azithromycin has similar side effects as Hydroxy. This seems like "noisy data" to me.
    That was a nice side step you did.

Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System, said 26% of those not given hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 13% of those who got the drug.
    Hydroxychloroquine saved double the lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a plandemic any more

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a plandemic any more
    Don't reach, weak man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a nice side step you did.

What side step? If Hydroxy truly had that efficacy, we'd see similar results with Hydroxy+Zinc, since I don't think Zinc affects efficacy that much (it was first thought to enhance efficacy). This looks like noisy data to me. You're also sidestepping that the trial wasn't random. It was selective, given to specific patients the doctors might think it could help. Do I buy that this drug could help some patients in the right cir stances? Sure. But it's not a"game changer." The 11,000 strong RANDOM clinical trial should've illustrated that to you (deep state, right?). This shouldn't be political. You just care about Trump getting "a win." I don't. I don't have a problem giving out this drug like candy. Only concern is that it causes shortages for those who actually need it.

A total of 1,542 received hydroxychloroquine, and 3,132 received usual care. After 28 days of treatment, 25.7% of those on hydroxychloroquine and 23.5% of those received usual care had died, meaning those on hydroxychloroquine were 11% more likely to die. That difference was not statistically significant.

There was “no beneficial effect” on how long patients stayed in the hospital, or on other outcomes.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/05/...o-use-of-drug/

That's why it's not a "game changer." The Ford study seemed to find that it MIGHT (and that was their word) achieve results when it's specifically targeted in specific cir stances. A game changing drug would be one you could prescribe across the board at any time with about the same efficacy for all patients.

Uh oh.

"Maybe there's a little bit of a difference, but it's not like patients in New York were being started on day seven. That's not what happened," said Eli Rosenberg, lead author of the New York study and an associate professor of epidemiology at the University at Albany School of Public Health.

Rosenberg also pointed out that the Detroit paper excluded 267 patients — nearly 10% of the study population — who had not yet been discharged from the hospital.

He said this might have skewed the results to make hydroxychloroquine look better than it really was. Those patients might have still been in the hospital because they were very sick, and if they died, excluding them from the study made hydroxychloroquine look like more of a lifesaver than it really was.
    https://www.wmur.com/article/study-f...ents/33134517#

Don't care what the political position is. That's not good science.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What side step? If Hydroxy truly had that efficacy, we'd see similar results with Hydroxy+Zinc, since I don't think Zinc affects efficacy that much (it was first thought to enhance efficacy).
    That's a side step too. Double is double. Stating that certain combos are not so good does not argue against that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a side step too. Double is double. Stating that certain combos are not so good does not argue against that.
    What I'm implying is the greater survival rate of Hydroxy vs. Hydroxy plus Zinc could be due to variables we don't know about. Hydroxy plus zinc is essentially the same thing. If that 13 percent number is to believed, Hydroxy plus zinc should've had similar results, but it didn't. Again, NOISE.

And you didn't know the paper excluded 267 patients, did you? Selective sampling, excluding results=bad science. Not to mention this study being like the only one that shows positive results vs. a dozen others that shows no results. But yeah, THIS is the one to believe, because all the others are "deep state" or something

I'll buy they might've found that it works for specific patients given in specific cir stances (given early prior to severe symptoms), but it ain't no game changer. We need more studies, which despite your political opinion, I'm sure you'll agree with. You know how many "miracle cures" for anything and everything showed results in tests only to be "nothingburgers?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Splits lurking. He works in Pharma. I'm sure he's seen his fair share of miracle drug does wonders in sample of this many patients only to never be repeatable again in subsequent studies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to clarify, field means all candidates (Green, Libertarian, Dem) vs. Trump, correct? I take it you're taking the field (we all know the Dem nomination is the only one with a chance) in case Biden drops dead or something ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Here's a red flag:

Yep:

Before the conspiri deflections happen, the researchers of this study admit as such.

What's the problem here? Selective sampling. Quote:

Dear Leader was touting it as a game changing miracle drug and this study actually contradicts that. It seems the researchers of this study have concluded that it MIGHT work for SPECIFIC patients.

To throw more cold water on this, the UK study that featured 11,000 test subjects and was performed as a real clinical trial found:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...udy/index.html

: you're just skeptical because Lord Trump promoted the drug.

Yes, I'm sure the UK study that found no benefit is also part of the "deep state" figuring out how to harm Lord Trump. The primary issue with touting this drug when there is yet NO evidence that it works is because it caused a run on it that left Lupus patients and others who actually need facing shortages.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/01/82505...n-short-supply

And now I suspect there to be another run. Unacceptable when the science isn't settled. But I know the base is desperate for a Trump win, which is all they care about.
    Louder for Trumpster's like TSA in the back

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm implying is the greater survival rate of Hydroxy vs. Hydroxy plus Zinc could be due to variables we don't know about. Hydroxy plus zinc is essentially the same thing. If that 13 percent number is to believed, Hydroxy plus zinc should've had similar results, but it didn't. Again, NOISE.

And you didn't know the paper excluded 267 patients, did you? Selective sampling, excluding results=bad science. Not to mention this study being like the only one that shows positive results vs. a dozen others that shows no results. But yeah, THIS is the one to believe, because all the others are "deep state" or something

I'll buy they might've found that it works for specific patients given in specific cir stances (given early prior to severe symptoms), but it ain't no game changer. We need more studies, which despite your political opinion, I'm sure you'll agree with. You know how many "miracle cures" for anything and everything showed results in tests only to be "nothingburgers?"
    Just like the French "study" that started the fad in the first place. It's really been difficult to stop falling for the same thing over and over. I seriously don't know what the point is for people putting these together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to clarify, field means all candidates (Green, Libertarian, Dem) vs. Trump, correct? I take it you're taking the field (we all know the Dem nomination is the only one with a chance) in case Biden drops dead or something ?
    I get Pence/Don Jr/Cuckner/Ivanka in the field too, in the very real case Trump dies of covid. But obviously if Biden croaks I also get the Dem.

lol green/lib

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much HCQ we are giving to COVID-19 patients. Is it normal to give very sick people medicine that doesn't work?

The much talked about anti-malarial drug, hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), has no effect on the novel coronavirus, and it did not prevent the disease even when given as prophylaxis (prevention), according to a new study conducted by French researchers.

This apart, a German study too concluded that HCQ and chloroquine, another popular anti-malarial drug, showed no antiviral activity against human lung cells.
    Both studies are peer-reviewed and were published Wednesday in the journal, Nature.

The French researchers studied the effects of HCQ in vitro, in macaque monkeys, and in human epithelial lung cells for its antiviral properties.

The drug was tested as prophylaxis against Covid-19 infection — pre-exposure and post-exposure — and for early treatment immediately after the infection, as well as for treatment in the later stages of the infection.

HCQ was also tested in combination with azithromycin (AZTH) for the same treatments, and it failed to both prevent as well as treat Covid-19.
    https://theprint.in/health/now-frenc...-cells/466305/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?? Just 'cause or is there some reasoning behind it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's one thing, just seeing the substance he brings, he has data as to why he believes Trump will win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump cheating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was what I thought. They are absolutely going to try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news

Lol cucks

Thread Information