Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurtacular

Chumpettes grasping for straws to justify their hoax virus
    Why do you lie about what experts say and what posters here say? What's the point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I caught it at the gym. Hopefully they close them down again. I'm not going back for a while and I don't see why I have to pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I caught it at the gym. Hopefully they close them down again. I'm not going back for a while and I don't see why I have to pay.
    Dude I don't understand why anyone would go the gym these last couple of months

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    There are so many variables though that make this seem really arbitrary. I agree with much of your characterization, but you're exposed to way more people in a mall or grocery store than you are in a restaurant at 25 or 50 percent capacity.
    I agree there’s a ton of variables to consider, and I’m sure there’s no exact formula how to rank the situations precisely.

And I won’t get into the whole if the coronavirus is a hoax debate. So just on the premise that the virus is real and the transmission is a problem, I think the main considerations would include the amount of people in a situation, the proximity at which those people gather, how adherent those people and/or those places are with preventative guidelines, the length of time those people stay in those situations, and how clean and sanitary those places are kept, among others, I assume.

I think when you compare an indoor restaurant scenario to grocery shopping, the factors of taking off the mask to eat and drink and the length of time in that same place start to increase the risks despite perhaps less exposure to a greater number of people.

Tried to think of an analogy, and I came up with mosquitos. Let’s say we’re at a family cottage in the woods and half the people are outside by the campfire eating food, drinking, listening to music. The other half is inside the family room watching TV, playing cards. There are literally hundreds of mosquitos outside around the campfire. Handful of like 4-5 mosquitos find their way inside the house. I’m outside exposed to hundreds of mosquitos but I have some very effective bug spray on and I sit right by the fire. You’re inside with only a couple mosquitos with no bug spray, no fire. You get eaten up all over your arms and legs. And I have almost no mosquitos bites. The exposure to the amount of mosquitos was heavily offset by the other factors.

There are many variables, but I do think in the different scenarios, some of those variables may end up outweighing others to make it more or less risky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude I don't understand why anyone would go the gym these last couple of months

The gains were calling me and i foolishly gave in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at a restaurant you actually have to op3n your mouth and injest food and lick utensils that have been throug a few sets of hands

Ppl seriously dont see the difference of that vs grocery store?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    500+ worshippers at a time? Do they think most churches are mega churches or something? They don't know that there might be several services over the weekend? - Saturday evening, several Sunday morning or afternoon? Must be one of those who only go to church on Easter Sunday or Christmas.

My guess is that going to church is much less risk than eating out - doors are open, all you have to do is plant your butt on the pew and not touch anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree there’s a ton of variables to consider, and I’m sure there’s no exact formula how to rank the situations precisely.

And I won’t get into the whole if the coronavirus is a hoax debate. So just on the premise that the virus is real and the transmission is a problem, I think the main considerations would include the amount of people in a situation, the proximity at which those people gather, how adherent those people and/or those places are with preventative guidelines, the length of time those people stay in those situations, and how clean and sanitary those places are kept, among others, I assume.

I think when you compare an indoor restaurant scenario to grocery shopping, the factors of taking off the mask to eat and drink and the length of time in that same place start to increase the risks despite perhaps less exposure to a greater number of people.

Tried to think of an analogy, and I came up with mosquitos. Let’s say we’re at a family cottage in the woods and half the people are outside by the campfire eating food, drinking, listening to music. The other half is inside the family room watching TV, playing cards. There are literally hundreds of mosquitos outside around the campfire. Handful of like 4-5 mosquitos find their way inside the house. I’m outside exposed to hundreds of mosquitos but I have some very effective bug spray on and I sit right by the fire. You’re inside with only a couple mosquitos with no bug spray, no fire. You get eaten up all over your arms and legs. And I have almost no mosquitos bites. The exposure to the amount of mosquitos was heavily offset by the other factors.

There are many variables, but I do think in the different scenarios, some of those variables may end up outweighing others to make it more or less risky.
    I like the analogy, but I think it's a little bit off. Putting aside the aersol issue, we know that the virus travels through respiratory droplets that, after leaving the mouth or nose, travel through the air until falling to the ground. And so we observe a six foot radius around people because that is the area the virus can travel. However, the mosquitos in your example would travel around much more freely. I think the better analogy would be comparing how easy it is to smell cologne/perfume inside vs outside (i.e., how close or far you need to be).

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are also most likely breathing indoor air (mask on, mask off) for a longer time at a real sit down restaurant.
    We breath 10,000 to 15,000 liters of air in one day. I feel really bad for the people working on the frontlines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are so many variables though that make this seem really arbitrary. I agree with much of your characterization, but you're exposed to way more people in a mall or grocery store than you are in a restaurant at 25 or 50 percent capacity.
    Again, it doesn't need to be full. Many of these places are poorly ventilated and ignore guidelines to begin with. People will spread the virus and catch it in these settings. It has happened time and time again.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yeah, it’s not a perfect analogy.

My main point of the analogy is that one or more variables (e.g. wearing or not wearing a mask, the length of time you’re in an at-risk situation) may outweigh the main variable that people generally view as the biggest factor (number of people you’re exposed to).

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it’s not a perfect analogy.

My main point of the analogy is that one or more variables (e.g. wearing or not wearing a mask, the length of time you’re in an at-risk situation) may outweigh the main variable that people generally view as the biggest factor (number of people you’re exposed to).
    I think one way to look at it would to ask where would you go and what would you do if you wanted to catch it (and you had no idea if people were infected or not)

Poor ventilation, inside, no masks, long period of time, people giving off droplets (choir, screaming and yelling), close proximity, people exchanging seating/places, people coming and going.

no bars I think is obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at a restaurant you actually have to op3n your mouth and injest food and lick utensils that have been throug a few sets of hands

I don't believe that's a significant factor in how it spreads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta go with hater on this - walking down aisles picking up stuff vs using utensils to put prepared food in your mouth? No contest there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    500+ worshippers at a time? Do they think most churches are mega churches or something? They don't know that there might be several services over the weekend? - Saturday evening, several Sunday morning or afternoon? Must be one of those who only go to church on Easter Sunday or Christmas.

My guess is that going to church is much less risk than eating out - doors are open, all you have to do is plant your butt on the pew and not touch anything.
    Lol of course you think going to church is much less risky than eating out.

Also lol "in church you don't have to touch anything". It's idiot boomers like you that will keep the hospitals overwhelmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta go with hater on this - walking down aisles picking up stuff vs using utensils to put prepared food in your mouth? No contest there.
    Then you're misinformed as to why restaurants are high on the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says kujowhat on my ankle
    Coward!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it seems as if most of yall in this thread are cowards just like blaKKKe. Smdh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You put yourself in said position only to cry about it now? Lmao

Victimhood is strong with you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey kori, did you get any guidelines of what's the risk in tattoo parlors, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mmm saltgrass tasts great rn as I sit here and eat my steak and laugh at all of yall in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey kori, did you get any guidelines of what's the risk in tattoo parlors, tbh?
    Theres always risks to life regardless of covid bs.

Masks worn at all times.
    Temp checks upon entry.
    No entourages.

Simple as that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it comical how fake concerned all you chumps are acting. Yall s probably just started washing yalls hands after ting, wearing gloves while touching everything, and masks that are months old now. It's hilarious to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres always risks to life regardless of covid bs.

Masks worn at all times.
    Temp checks upon entry.
    No entourages.

Simple as that!
    That's good you take care of your customers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it is. A sick cook or server can easily leave virus on handled plates. Utensils, food. And its been proven the virus lives on surfaces for some time

Thread Information