Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Attending church with 500+ and going to a bar are the two worst things you can do so naturally Abbott closes down bars and then goes straight to church last Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And oh yeah opens Sea World

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did swallowing your bull's rate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Attending church with 500+ and going to a bar are the two worst things you can do so naturally Abbott closes down bars and then goes straight to church last Sunday.
    Seems like sitting in a doctor's office waiting room should be much higher. You're probably the same distance away from someone as you would be at a movie theater. And it seems like the risk of running into someone with COVID would also be higher.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did swallowing your bull's rate?
    It makes sense you would want a full discussion on taste testing ya fckn freak.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense you would want a full discussion on taste testing ya fckn freak.
    Muh fake pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boy on boy wants a taste test...
    you go girl.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silly thing is that church can be done remotely very easily these days.

We live in an age of

-Zoom
    -Cisco Webex
    -MS Teams
    -Google Hangouts
    -Bluejeans
    -YouTube

and yet, people are ing about the need to go to physical church in person? ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We live in an age of

-Zoom
    -Cisco Webex
    -MS Teams
    -Google Hangouts
    -Bluejeans
    -YouTube

and yet, people are ing about the need to go to physical church in person? ing stupid.
    Some people have grown up in a 3-d world instead of a flat screen and actual like fellowship with other church members.
    Weird thing, huh?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people have grown up in a 3-d world instead of a flat screen and actual like fellowship with other church members.
    Weird thing, huh?
    Yes but during the covid-19 it just isn't a necessity when you can socialize virtually. You don't need it to survive, like getting groceries etc. If you're religious you can always pray at home and hold sermon together electronically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But protests, riots, and looting are all low risk!

You're a blaKKKe plain and simple. Coward!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're a blaKKKe plain and simple. Coward!
    Says kujowhat on my ankle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at this list, the more I think is a lot of BS. How is grocery shopping so different than eating in a restaurant?

And how is shopping at a mall a couple levels over grocery shopping?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We live in an age of

-Zoom
    -Cisco Webex
    -MS Teams
    -Google Hangouts
    -Bluejeans
    -YouTube

Can't pass the collection plate remotely and have fellow parishioners watch what you're putting in to judge you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at this list, the more I think is a lot of BS. How is grocery shopping so different than eating in a restaurant?

Because you can't wear a mask when you're eating while you have to when grocery shopping and because you're generally not having long conversations and around people having long conversations (and thus exhaling droplets more forcefully than just breathing) in the grocery store while you are at restaurants. Seems like a no-brainer that indoor dining rooms are much more dangerous than shopping when it comes to protecting yourself from catching SARS-Cov2. No idea why the mall would be worse though... maybe because you're spending more time in the mall than you would in a grocery store since at malls you tend to wander store to store for an hour or two instead of get in and get out in 15-30 minutes at the grocery store?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably because people go in and out of the grocers while people treat going to the mall as an all day excursion, touch everything, eat and drink, bring their friends, etc. You're right some of these seemingly need to be rearranged though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The doctors wait room, plane, and hotel rankings make no sense.

At this point, they should say outdoor activities are ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you can't wear a mask when you're eating while you have to when grocery shopping and because you're generally not having long conversations and around people having long conversations (and thus exhaling droplets more forcefully than just breathing) in the grocery store while you are at restaurants. Seems like a no-brainer that indoor dining rooms are much more dangerous than shopping when it comes to protecting yourself from catching SARS-Cov2. No idea why the mall would be worse though... maybe because you're spending more time in the mall than you would in a grocery store since at malls you tend to wander store to store for an hour or two instead of get in and get out in 15-30 minutes at the grocery store?
    I wonder how big a deal fitting rooms are at the mall

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

I definitely see the difference between grocery shopping and eating at a restaurant. Grocery shopping consists of going up and down the aisles, getting your , paying, and going. Eating at a restaurant consists of sitting down in the same place for maybe 45 minutes up to an hour and a half, breathing in and sharing the same air as the people you’re with and who are sitting around you for as long as you’re there. At least from my experience, most people mask up at the grocery store. You have to take off the mask to eat and drink.

Between grocery shopping and mall shopping, it appears less obvious. But perhaps more people seem to follow social distancing and mask wearing at a grocery store as opposed to the mall? People and kids are also more likely to just linger and hang out and just sit around at the mall. And maybe the level of constant cleaning could be a factor as well? Maybe those are some of the differences. Not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Protests ok, looting bad though unless you do it outdoors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think for the most part I can justify most of them but for sure I'd feel safer outside at the beach than sit in a doctor's waiting room with other people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely see the difference between grocery shopping and eating at a restaurant. Grocery shopping consists of going up and down the aisles, getting your , paying, and going. Eating at a restaurant consists of sitting down in the same place for maybe 45 minutes up to an hour and a half, breathing in and sharing the same air as the people you’re with and who are sitting around you for as long as you’re there. At least from my experience, most people mask up at the grocery store. You have to take off the mask to eat and drink.

Between grocery shopping and mall shopping, it appears less obvious. But perhaps more people seem to follow social distancing and mask wearing at a grocery store as opposed to the mall? People and kids are also more likely to just linger and hang out and just sit around at the mall. And maybe the level of constant cleaning could be a factor as well? Maybe those are some of the differences. Not sure.
    There are so many variables though that make this seem really arbitrary. I agree with much of your characterization, but you're exposed to way more people in a mall or grocery store than you are in a restaurant at 25 or 50 percent capacity.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurtacular

Chumpettes grasping for straws to justify their hoax virus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...that makes sense. Wasn't even considering the mask time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are so many variables though
    That. The biggest ones I think being population density and spacing.

Thread Information