Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's one thing that differentiates you from your fellow Jews in America. Most of them want open borders. You don't. Props
    Because I'm not jewish...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Sued by Harvard and MIT as expected. Shocked if they don't win, as the guidance is imbecilic tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"There's A Tweet For Everything" Hits Keep Coming

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sued by Harvard and MIT as expected. Shocked if they don't win, as the guidance is imbecilic tbh.
    may go quickly to SCOTUS where it will be declined, delayed until the damage is done, or SCOTUS s rule for Trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually did. If they cannot go to the school and are required to take online courses, then the school they got a visa to attend ended for them. The classes can still be taken from their home country. What's the issue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still value to being in America while taking online courses from an American college. There is no compelling reason to send them back home, except to appease bigots. They are not living off of welfare or draining the system in any way.
    The visa doesn't exist for extracurricular value. It's there so the student could attend the classes at the school. The compelling reason is they can not go to the school. For intents and purposes their stay is over. They have no reason to remain in the country just as you would not if you could do the job from your home and your workplace abroad closed its doors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually did. If they cannot go to the school and are required to take online courses, then the school they got a visa to attend ended for them. The classes can still be taken from their home country. What's the issue?
    Some of those visas (F1, at least, the most common one) have both an expiration date, and the only requirement is that "students must maintain the minimum course load for full-time student status."

While the government always reserves the right to revoke them, technically, they have no requirement of actually physically attending school.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This essentially does two things.

It satisfies the gtfoh movement, you are too smart, dont take muh job. we are undergoing a color change without your help thanks.
    It compels Universities to hold classes under this epidemic. And possibly lose tuition money.

Its stupid for everyone involved.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The visa doesn't exist for extracurricular value. It's there so the student could attend the classes at the school. The compelling reason is they can not go to the school. For intents and purposes their stay is over. They have no reason to remain in the country just as you would not if you could do the job from your home and your workplace abroad closed its doors.
    Except you could always work remote within the US on a valid visa - that's never been an issue. A large chunk of immigrant workers have been working remote within the USA since the pandemic and there's no plans to rescind their visas.

Considering this is a temporary measure given COVID-19, how dumb is the thought of the underfunded USCIS possibly re-processing millions of visas in Jan 2021 for those same international students when in-class education resumes?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team assignments and access to technology are not "extracurricular." These students often rely on each other for help with coursework. They have study groups. Many of them don't have internet access back at home.

This is an unprecedented situation and "school" may look very different this year. You can pretend to be a literalist about what "attending school" means but it's just a facade to hide the simple bigotry that you want the foreigners to go home. There is no compelling reason to force them into an unnecessary and inferior remote education when they have earned the right to be here. They will still be attending school in the same way their American classmates are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team assignments and access to technology are not "extracurricular." These students often rely on each other for help with coursework. They have study groups. Many of them don't have internet access back at home.

This is an unprecedented situation and "school" may look very different this year. You can pretend to be a literalist about what "attending school" means but it's just a facade to hide the simple bigotry that you want the foreigners to go home. There is no compelling reason to force them into an unnecessary and inferior remote education when they have earned the right to be here. They will still be attending school in the same way their American classmates are.
    Everyone with a different opinion than you is a bigot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except you could always work remote within the US on a valid visa - that's never been an issue. A large chunk of immigrant workers have been working remote within the USA since the pandemic and there's no plans to rescind their visas.

Considering this is a temporary measure given COVID-19, how dumb is the thought of the underfunded USCIS possibly re-processing millions of visas in Jan 2021 for those same international students when in-class education resumes?
    With a valid visa...

If the visa covers online only school... does it?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should never have been done in the first place it’s just stupid.
    it helps absolutely no one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should never have been done in the first place it’s just stupid.
    it helps absolutely no one.
    It helps the president with his base of bigots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enforcing the law helps no one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurt being the voice of reason itt from the trump crew. What in the actual is going on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harvard will tie this up in court till after Nov, but the Trump administration cares little about base building as we near the election.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Aaaand the Trump administration and DHS fold like a cheap tent. Great use of time tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump supporters will have to reverse their backflips on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another white flag by Dump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone with a different opinion than you is a bigot.
    just the bigots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol dude makes a stand, you all cry foul. He shows mercy you call him weak.

You deserve whatever happens to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol dude makes a stand, you all cry foul. He shows mercy you call him weak.

You deserve whatever happens to you
    Its a sign of weakness. Hes a soft bunker

Thread Information