Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also a big you to US colleges that love that hiked up foreign tuition. The entire Trump presidency is about telling everyone but the 30% cult and the elites to off and die.
    US colleges deserve it and more

US colleges told th3ir students not only that they would never return spring 2020 tuition money, but would not reduce prices for even all remote education

us colleges. Hooe th3y die a quick death

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US colleges deserve it and more

US colleges told th3ir students not only that they would never return spring 2020 tuition money, but would not reduce prices for even all remote education

us colleges. Hooe th3y die a quick death

Agreed, but they will get bailed out. I have a huge problem with higher education. It has never had to operate like other businesses. Loans to anyone that has a HS diploma keeps their funding steady and demand high. This will be the first time universities have really had to face serious economic issues.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was in thats status for a bit and all I had to prove was that I was enrolled in an american school FULL TIME. Thats it

This decision must have some Trumpish/nationalistic reason tbqh
    It was a political decision. They probably kicked them out so that later when they're banning some trash, the courts don't overrule them on some pretend racism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we only have a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants. why can't you see that?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we only have a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants. why can't you see that?"
    True. Why would we have a problem with LEGAL immigrants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Why would we have a problem with LEGAL immigrants?
    good question. ask ICE

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good question. ask ICE
    Big government bad now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big government bad now.
    "big government" isn't an inherently left vs right issue. the right has no problem with ramping the military, send deficits soaring, increase domestic surveillance, law enforcement presence, criminalization of drugs, having the government step in and regulate marriage, abortion.

the right wing shtick about "big government" is really all about lower taxes and business regulation, not about an actually smaller government

stalinist USSR and nazi germany were both big government but on opposite ends of the traditional political spectrum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good question. ask ICE
    They're here for school, even though I think that shouldn't be the case, but since school isn't in session and on site bye bye felicia! Same should be done with all the daca kids/adults. em all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're here for school, even though I think that shouldn't be the case, but since school isn't in session and on site bye bye felicia! Same should be done with all the daca kids/adults. em all!
    this thread isn't about daca. it's about people who are do ented. you want them gone too, despite claiming not to have issue with non-illegal immigrants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread isn't about daca. it's about people who are do ented. you want them gone too, despite claiming not to have issue with non-illegal immigrants.
    Do ented to be here for school. Can you not read you ty lawyer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do ented to be here for school. Can you not read you ty lawyer?
    yup. they're in this country for school. as derp said, there's no compelling reason to send them out. all you're doing is causing unnecessary hardship for people who came here legally and aren't causing problems for anybody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. they're in this country for school. as derp said, there's no compelling reason to send them out. all you're doing is causing unnecessary hardship for people who came here legally and aren't causing problems for anybody
    Idgaf about their hardships... buh bye felicia! They came here legally for school and school only. out of here!

You and your feelings are made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idgaf about their hardships
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone is finally catching on!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone is finally catching on!
    That's one thing that differentiates you from your fellow Jews in America. Most of them want open borders. You don't. Props

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you went somewhere on a work visa and your job ended, would you be allowed to stay there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON – The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) announced modifications Monday to temporary exemptions for nonimmigrant students taking online classes due to the pandemic for the fall 2020 semester. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security plans to publish the procedures and responsibilities in the Federal Register as a Temporary Final Rule.

Temporary exemptions for the fall 2020 semester include:

Nonimmigrant F-1 and M-1 students attending schools operating entirely online may not take a full online course load and remain in the United States. The U.S. Department of State will not issue visas to students enrolled in schools and/or programs that are fully online for the fall semester nor will U.S. Customs and Border Protection permit these students to enter the United States. Active students currently in the United States enrolled in such programs must depart the country or take other measures, such as transferring to a school with in-person instruction to remain in lawful status. If not, they may face immigration consequences including, but not limited to, the initiation of removal proceedings.
    Nonimmigrant F-1 students attending schools operating under normal in-person classes are bound by existing federal regulations. Eligible F students may take a maximum of one class or three credit hours online.
    Nonimmigrant F-1 students attending schools adopting a hybrid model—that is, a mixture of online and in person classes—will be allowed to take more than one class or three credit hours online. These schools must certify to SEVP, through the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” certifying that the program is not entirely online, that the student is not taking an entirely online course load this semester, and that the student is taking the minimum number of online classes required to make normal progress in their degree program. The above exemptions do not apply to F-1 students in English language training programs or M-1 students pursing vocational degrees, who are not permitted to enroll in any online courses.

It's simple actually - they are here to attend a school, and that's why they were able to secure a visa. If they are going full online, they don't need to be here for that. They can remain in the country if they attend in-person classes at another school.

If this country is so ty as many on the left have proclaimed time and again, why is it a hardship to send the students back to their much better homeland?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This country is so ty a number of the countries the students are from won't allow us to travel there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON – The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) announced modifications Monday to temporary exemptions for nonimmigrant students taking online classes due to the pandemic for the fall 2020 semester. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security plans to publish the procedures and responsibilities in the Federal Register as a Temporary Final Rule.

Temporary exemptions for the fall 2020 semester include:

Nonimmigrant F-1 and M-1 students attending schools operating entirely online may not take a full online course load and remain in the United States. The U.S. Department of State will not issue visas to students enrolled in schools and/or programs that are fully online for the fall semester nor will U.S. Customs and Border Protection permit these students to enter the United States. Active students currently in the United States enrolled in such programs must depart the country or take other measures, such as transferring to a school with in-person instruction to remain in lawful status. If not, they may face immigration consequences including, but not limited to, the initiation of removal proceedings.
    Nonimmigrant F-1 students attending schools operating under normal in-person classes are bound by existing federal regulations. Eligible F students may take a maximum of one class or three credit hours online.
    Nonimmigrant F-1 students attending schools adopting a hybrid model—that is, a mixture of online and in person classes—will be allowed to take more than one class or three credit hours online. These schools must certify to SEVP, through the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” certifying that the program is not entirely online, that the student is not taking an entirely online course load this semester, and that the student is taking the minimum number of online classes required to make normal progress in their degree program. The above exemptions do not apply to F-1 students in English language training programs or M-1 students pursing vocational degrees, who are not permitted to enroll in any online courses.

It's simple actually - they are here to attend a school, and that's why they were able to secure a visa. If they are going full online, they don't need to be here for that. They can remain in the country if they attend in-person classes at another school.

If this country is so ty as many on the left have proclaimed time and again, why is it a hardship to send the students back to their much better homeland?
    You say send the students back as if you were covering their expenses. And that is the while point, these students cover their own expenditures and come here legally, providing economic and academic growth for the United States, and they are being kicked out for something outside their control- like hater I hope they wise up and don't come back. I was once an F1 student and if this happened then i wouldn't come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you went somewhere on a work visa and your job ended, would you be allowed to stay there?
    school didnt end

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still value to being in America while taking online courses from an American college. There is no compelling reason to send them back home, except to appease bigots. They are not living off of welfare or draining the system in any way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still value to being in America while taking online courses from an American college. There is no compelling reason to send them back home, except to appease bigots. They are not living off of welfare or draining the system in any way.
    its just nativism

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information