My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another Democrat run hole

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have to care about people dying now.

Moar double takes

TheGreatYacht

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheGreatYacht

This is what you get when you give everyday blacks guns.
    No blacks (or anyone) in their right mind would go to a (non staged) park full of blacks holding guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another Democrat run hole
    Hmmm, how come over the last 50 years, every time there's a Republican in the White House, the murder rate es or stays flat, but there's consistently a decline when a Democrat is president. Clinton lead the steepest decline of crime in US history, while W couldn't improve anything.

It's almost like more taxes devoted to more social programs and tougher gun laws (Clinton's assault weapons ban) leads to lower crime. Imagine that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm, how come over the last 50 years, every time there's a Republican in the White House, the murder rate es or stays flat, but there's consistently a decline when a Democrat is president. Clinton lead the steepest decline of crime in US history, while W couldn't improve anything.

It's almost like more taxes devoted to more social programs and tougher gun laws (Clinton's assault weapons ban) leads to lower crime. Imagine that!

lol don't bring facts into this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this wasn't driven by any kind of racism at all.

In 1986, the U.S. Congress passed laws that created a 100 to 1 sentencing disparity for the possession or trafficking of crack when compared to penalties for trafficking of powder cocaine,[2][3][4][5] which had been widely criticized as discriminatory against minorities, mostly African-Americans, who were more likely to use crack than powder cocaine.[6] This 100:1 ratio had been required under federal law since 1986.[17]
    Crack isn't 100 times more potent or dangerous than powder coke.

Fact: These two substances are actually almost chemically identical. It has been long observed in research that the differences between crack cocaine and powder cocaine are minor, and the difference in the manner in which both substances are normally taken is responsible for this myth.
    https://www.oxfordtreatment.com/subs...ck-vs-cocaine/

Yeah, those disparities had nothing to with the crime rate e in the late-80s and early 90s at all (see the e in my above graph the after this legislation was enacted).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That graph ends in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That graph ends in 2016.
    lol don't bring facts in to this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol don't bring facts into this thread
    Dear Leader continuing the tradition, per par.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

So why does the crime rate always e or doesn't improve under a republican administration? Of course we know they enact policies that disproportionately affect urban areas (cut to social programs, tougher sentencing guidelines for misdemeanor crimes [like drug possession], laxer federal gun laws, not raising min. wage, etc), and they know this will cause inner city crime to e, which they can then use as a political bludgeon to criticize those "evil Dem mayors" who've lost control of their cities.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 07-06-2020 at 11:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That graph ends in 2016.
    So what? the argument was that Democrats somehow cause crime to rise. Look at that graph. Do you agree?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That graph ends in 2016.
    Still ing under Dear Leader. Why can't he get control of the country!

Number of deaths: 19,510
    Deaths per 100,000 population: 6.0
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Note: Ignore my above BBC article. That's the UK crime rate. Since the headline said highest in 10 years, I though it was the US's, since the US is also experiencing the highest murder rate (at 6.0/100K) in 10 or so years. Oh, make that 22 years. Last time we were above 6/100K was 1998.

Dear Leader

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing Dennison stopped American Carnage on Inauguration Day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what? the argument was that Democrats somehow cause crime to rise. Look at that graph. Do you agree?
    Oh , I forgot that the Repugs got control of the House and Senate in 2014, which is when the murder rate under Barry started to e

Not sure which policies of his they rolled back, but I'm sure it was something that caused the blip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing Dennison stopped American Carnage on Inauguration Day.
    Why does not 44 be mayor there
    Oh he afraid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , I forgot that the Repugs got control of the House and Senate in 2014, which is when the murder rate under Barry started to e

Not sure which policies of his they rolled back, but I'm sure it was something that caused the blip.
    Also totally inconvenient in that graph, Slick Willy's Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which was enacted in 1994...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does not 44 be mayor there
    Oh he afraid
    Whataboutism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also totally inconvenient in that graph, Slick Willy's Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which was enacted in 1994...
    Yep. Gun control WORKS.

Most of the illegal guns in circulation were stolen from Bubbas who haven't a clue about how to properly secure and store a firearm, and just leave it in the top dresser drawer in the improbable event a Brown person will invade his home while he's there (criminals aren't stupid. They'll case a location and know when Bubba is and isn't home).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Gun control WORKS.

Most of the illegal guns in circulation were stolen from Bubbas who haven't a clue about how to properly secure and store a firearm, and just leave it in the top dresser drawer in the improbable event a Brown person will invade his home while he's there (criminals aren't stupid. They'll case a location and know when Bubba is and isn't home).
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's murder rate.

Surely you folks aren't this hard up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Stolen guns account for only about 10% to 15% of guns used in crimes,"
    Fair enough, but still a decent chunk. Getting 10 to 15 percent of guns off the street would be big. That said, how criminals get guns is even worse.

Wachtel says one of the most common ways criminals get guns is through straw purchase sales. A straw purchase occurs when someone who may not legally acquire a firearm, or who wants to do so anonymously, has a companion buy it on their behalf. According to a 1994 ATF study on "Sources of Crime Guns in Southern California," many straw purchases are conducted in an openly "suggestive" manner where two people walk into a gun store, one selects a firearm, and then the other uses identification for the purchase and pays for the gun. Or, several underage people walk into a store and an adult with them makes the purchases. Both of these are illegal activities.

The next biggest source of illegal gun transactions where criminals get guns are sales made by legally licensed but corrupt at-home and commercial gun dealers. Several recent reports back up Wachtel's own studies about this, and make the case that illegal activity by those licensed to sell guns, known as Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), is a huge source of crime guns and greatly surpasses the sale of guns stolen from John Q. Citizen. Like bank robbers, who are interested in banks, gun traffickers are interested in FFLs because that's where the guns are. This is why FFLs are a large source of illegal guns for traffickers, who ultimately wind up selling the guns on the street.
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ocon/guns.html

Anyhow, I don't know why you're so sensitive about the gun issue. "You wanna take mur guns!" Not at all. increase age limit to 21 (same goes for the military. You're a man of science, so you should believe the studies that show the pre-frontal cortex isn't fully developed until 25. 18 is NOT an adult). Tiered licensing structure. First firearms you can buy are single shot rifles and shotguns after you pass the required safety and training courses. You receive your "C license." After a year, if you've proven to be a responsible gun owner, you can obtain your B license to allow purchase of handguns. Repeat the process for the A license, and you get such penis surrogates as AR-15s.

I want guns in the hands of responsible citizens, not your yee haw Bubbas and pilled up teenagers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's murder rate.
    Isn't that what 'muh Chicago' is all about? Peeps shooting each other out?

To be fair, NYC was also a hub of crime until the mid 90's (det 42nd street)... so there's more factors than just Chi-town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but still a decent chunk. Getting 10 to 15 percent of guns off the street would be big. That said, how criminals get guns is even worse.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ocon/guns.html

Anyhow, I don't know why you're so sensitive about the gun issue. "You wanna take mur guns!" Not at all. increase age limit to 21 (same goes for the military. You're a man of science, so you should believe the studies that show the pre-frontal cortex isn't fully developed until 25. 18 is NOT an adult). Tiered licensing structure. First firearms you can buy are single shot rifles and shotguns after you pass the required safety and training courses. You receive your "C license." After a year, if you've proven to be a responsible gun owner, you can obtain your B license to allow purchase of handguns. Repeat the process for the A license, and you get such penis surrogates as AR-15s.

I want guns in the hands of responsible citizens, not your yee haw Bubbas and pilled up teenagers.
    The 'straw purchase" is almost indistinguishable from buying a gun as a gift. It's illegal to straw purchase a firearm, knowing the individual you intend to give it to cannot legally purchase one. So there is a crime happening at the time of purchase. Making another law about it won't make it more of a crime. You cannot police intent, you can only police actions.

There's no reason to create false narratives to support a pragmatic stance though. Gun ownership is a responsibility and only responsible people should own them but that's very difficult thing to police and enforce. In what way would you separate the responsible from the irresponsible? Are you going to use the science of anatomy and set rights based on it? That's a slippery slope if so.

Thread Information