Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts exactly.

He can order it, but he doesn't pick school boards. Voters do. Those voters will have some definite say as to whether or not the schools open up. I would fight it tooth and nail.
    What is the problem with my communication - am I not getting it across that said voters/parents WANT the schools to open up?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least 1,335 people have tested positive from child care facilities in Texas, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported Monday, citing figures from Friday.

Of those infected, 894 were staff members and 441 were children. The cases came from 883 child care facilities that are open in the state, DHHS said.

The new cases mark a significant increase from June 15, when there were 210 reported cases from 177 facilities -- including 141 staff members and 69 children.

On May 15, Texas reported a total of 59 cases from 53 child care facilities. At that time, 36 staff members and 23 children were infected.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/06/h...ies/index.html

Maybe if they just let Danish kids in the schools.

Man, all those day care kids going to bars and rioting really ed things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the problem with my communication - am I not getting it across that said voters/parents WANT the schools to open up?
    Public health policy should not be decided based on a popularity contest or an opinion poll, especially if it includes opinions from people like you who lack critical thinking skills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Public health policy should not be decided based on a popularity contest or an opinion poll, especially if it includes opinions from people like you who lack critical thinking skills
    This is THE all-important poll/survey - on the parent portal choosing delivery method for each student. Certainly the county will have final authority over the school board when end of August comes but that's a long time from now.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA quoting results from New Zealand and the Netherlands that have COVID currently under control and applying them to the US where it's a ing raging inferno.
    I quoted results from studies showing kids aren't vectors for spreading the virus, it doesn't matter what the virus is doing at a certain point in time.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Lol Phil Kerpen
    lol white flag

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Policy makers must also consider the mounting evidence regarding COVID-19 in children and adolescents, including the role they may play in transmission of the infection. SARS-CoV-2 appears to behave differently in children and adolescents than other common respiratory viruses, such as influenza, on which much of the current guidance regarding school closures is based. Although children and adolescents play a major role in amplifying influenza outbreaks, to date, this does not appear to be the case with SARS-CoV-2. Although many questions remain, the preponderance of evidence indicates that children and adolescents are less likely to be symptomatic and less likely to have severe disease resulting from SARS-CoV-2 infection. In addition, children may be less likely to become infected and to spread infection. Policies to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within schools must be balanced with the known harms to children, adolescents, families, and the community by keeping children at home.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Do the 67,000 Pediatricians from the American Academy of Pediatrics also lack critical thinking skills?

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/20...on-in-schools/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol white flag
    Lol I'm laughing at, not participating in the game you're playing

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I quoted results from studies showing kids aren't vectors for spreading the virus, it doesn't matter what the virus is doing at a certain point in time.
    Wow kids aren't vectors in nations with minimal infection rate. Meanwhile they are in Texs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the 67,000 Pediatricians from the American Academy of Pediatrics also lack critical thinking skills?

It is critically important to develop strategies that can be revised and adapted depending on the level of viral transmission in the school and throughout the community and done with close communication with state and/or local public health authorities and recognizing the differences between school districts, including urban, suburban, and rural districts.
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2 points:
    1. The AAP's position has no bearing on the view that parents should ultimately decide when to open schools, which is what I called out
    2. Read the AAP's position thoroughly. They say that policy considerations should start with the goal of students being physically present as soon as it makes sense. Nobody disputes that goal. The debate is about the "as soon as it makes sense" bit - and it is up for epidemiologists and infectious disease experts to determine that, not the AAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully agree that it's OK to open schools like Switzerland did whenever a place has the numbers the Swiss did when they opened them. Florida's 7-day running average of new cases is currently 245 times that of Switzerland's when it opened the schools.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    SARS-CoV-2 appears to behave differently in children and adolescents than other common respiratory viruses, such as influenza, on which much of the current guidance regarding school closures is based. Although children and adolescents play a major role in amplifying influenza outbreaks, to date, this does not appear to be the case with SARS-CoV-2. Although many questions remain, the preponderance of evidence indicates that children and adolescents are less likely to be symptomatic and less likely to have severe disease resulting from SARS-CoV-2 infection. In addition, children may be less likely to become infected and to spread infection.
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA trying to ignore actual evidence from Texas.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Wow kids aren't vectors in nations with minimal infection rate. Meanwhile they are in Texs.
    What study can you cite proving kids are vectors in Texas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sadly you dont open schools when you are breaking daily infection records tbqh

And its not the kids I worry about but the teachers and staff

the NBA and MLB might not happen due to rampart team infections. Can you imagine the cluster schools would be if they had rampart infections on most schools?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What study can you cite proving kids are vectors in Texas?
    Kids run the schools in texas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA is showed day care centers are a vector. Demands to be shown the children in particular are the vector.

I agree just sending kids to schools without any adults there would probably lead to fewer infections of adults.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA is showed day care centers are a vector. Demands to be shown the children in particular are the vector.

I agree just sending kids to schools without any adults there would probably lead to fewer infections of adults.
    , send the kids to work our jobs. Can you say "open up the economy"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more tip for some silly ppl here.

I'm not even saying any kids or their families would die if we open schools. But it would just be an administrative cluster . If we are breaking infection records you can bet your ass there will be school infections on a weekly basis.

School staff, principals and admins would spend 110% of their time chasing families and notifying families. Because they would have to.

And guess what, if theres 1 infection in a given school, you can bet your ass most if not all parents at that school will freak and the school would be paralized for weeeks. Multiply that over and over

School systems need to be ready for this. And make the call and stick to it. No, they are not ready for this if the state is still breaking records and positivity is in double digits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not even saying any kids or their families would die if we open schools. But it would just be an administrative cluster . If we are breaking infection records you can bet your ass there will be school infections on a weekly basis.

School staff, principals and admins would spend 110% of their time chasing families and notifying families. Because they would have to.

And guess what, if theres 1 infection in a given school, you can bet your ass most if not all parents at that school will freak and the school would be paralized for weeeks. Multiply that over and over

School systems need to be ready for this. And make the call and stick to it. No, they are not ready for this if the state is still breaking records and positivity is in double digits
    No. Dear Leader's new message is the virus is "just something we have to live with" and "99% harmless". Surely parents will adapt to his message

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If school staff gets it, are they going to be required to quarantine for 14 days on their own vacation time? Teachers usually get around 10 days a year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sadly you dont open schools when you are breaking daily infection records tbqh

And its not the kids I worry about but the teachers and staff

the NBA and MLB might not happen due to rampart team infections. Can you imagine the cluster schools would be if they had rampart infections on most schools?
    You're not seeing the good side of it though... all the older teachers who are rightfully worried about catching COVID in this raging forest fire can quit and go starve while the schools can hire much cheaper new grads who will be desperate to take anything they can land in this trash economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If school staff gets it, are they going to be required to quarantine for 14 days on their own vacation time? Teachers usually get around 10 days a year.
    THOSE LAZY S HAD ALL SUMMER TO TAKE HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND MAKE THEMSELVES INVINCIBLE.

Thread Information