Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid virus doesn't know it's not supposed to transmit from young people.
    All the studies TSA was fapping to, all his links were to things about "children" 10 and younger.

With TSA there is always some missing part of the truth, and the part he left out, where he was disingenuous was that we didn't know about adolescents.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-20-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid-19 Spread Fastest by Teens and Tweens, Korea Study Finds
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ea-study-finds

Yeah.. TSA

There is the hole in your data.

Not safe to open schools, especially in hotspots
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-1315_article
    Midnightpulp and RandomGuy lololololololikol

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the studies TSA was fapping to, all his links were to things about "children" 10 and younger.

With TSA there is always some missing part of the truth, and the part he left out, where is was disingenuous was that we didn't know about adolescents.
    Yep, I noticed that too. Fortunately it will be easier to teach older students remotely but there's no way in it can be a one size fits all policy from PreK-12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like Indiana has a solid plan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Indiana has a solid plan
    Pandemic in Indiana is as uncontrolled as any red state

the gov is a con man conning schools and businesses to open as the pandemic worsens, complying with the anti-leadership from Trash and Birx

see USA : Indiana

https://www.statnews.com/feature/cor...aign=hp_widget
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-20-2020 at 09:47 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I haven’t followed this thread, so I don’t know if this has been discussed already. But one of my biggest questions about re-opening school is about the age cut-off line.

Even if we were to assume that kids are for the most part (for lack of a better term) immune to the virus and are not generally vectors for the disease even if they do get infected, even assuming that to be true, until what age? Seems like I’ve read things like “under 17” stats. Well, there are kids in high school who are 17 and older. Do we just tell those high school seniors and juniors they can’t go back and have to do everything from home online? What about kids who are 16 and turn 17 during the school year? Pull them out of school after their birthday?

I know that the data is not certain, and certainly not absolute. We don’t know everything yet, obviously. But the whole children could be immune angle troubles me as it relates to defining who the kids are. Is it pre-puberty kids only? Only kids under 17? How do we know? I have a niece who will turn 17 next week and will be a senior in high school. I worry about her because I don’t know what the truth is when it comes to the age of kids and the coronavirus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a niece who will turn 17 next week and will be a senior in high school. I worry about her because I don’t know what the truth is when it comes to the age of kids and the coronavirus.
    this is Trash's CDC so not immune to political massaging, even if from CA

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...Age-Group.aspx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The look on this guy's face at the end of the video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t followed this thread, so I don’t know if this has been discussed already. But one of my biggest questions about re-opening school is about the age cut-off line.

Even if we were to assume that kids are for the most part (for lack of a better term) immune to the virus and are not generally vectors for the disease even if they do get infected, even assuming that to be true, until what age? Seems like I’ve read things like “under 17” stats. Well, there are kids in high school who are 17 and older. Do we just tell those high school seniors and juniors they can’t go back and have to do everything from home online? What about kids who are 16 and turn 17 during the school year? Pull them out of school after their birthday?

I know that the data is not certain, and certainly not absolute. We don’t know everything yet, obviously. But the whole children could be immune angle troubles me as it relates to defining who the kids are. Is it pre-puberty kids only? Only kids under 17? How do we know? I have a niece who will turn 17 next week and will be a senior in high school. I worry about her because I don’t know what the truth is when it comes to the age of kids and the coronavirus.
    Best study to date was just released a couple days ago, Mid also made a thread on it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/h...n-schools.html

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The idea that 17 year-olds aren't vectors sounded ridiculous when we know 21-29 year-olds in bars were by far the most devastating vector in Texas' descent into .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And then there are the teachers

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oops wrong thread

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea that 17 year-olds aren't vectors sounded ridiculous when we know 21-29 year-olds in bars were by far the most devastating vector in Texas' descent into .
    Lololololl proceeding to gossip

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how covid affects kids compared to the flu? If it's even close, the kids/parents should be given the option of school in person - no one thinks of shutting down schools because of annual flu. Regardless, most parents probably has some option of online - if they are concerned, then have the kids stay home (and provide child care for the little/elementary-aged ones).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how covid affects kids compared to the flu? If it's even close, the kids/parents should be given the option of school in person - no one thinks of shutting down schools because of annual flu. Regardless, most parents probably has some option of online - if they are concerned, then have the kids stay home (and provide child care for the little/elementary-aged ones).
    Does anyone know how covid affects teachers?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. There is data everywhere that shows who is at risk and who is not. Try reading that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when your re ed ass said it was just increasing testing driving your outbreak?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lololololl proceeding to gossip
    LOL COVID Truther boomer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all teachers are at high risk - just like not all kids will choose to go to physical school. Those teachers can teach those kids from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all teachers are at high risk - just like not all kids will choose to go to physical school. Those teachers can teach those kids from home.
    Why risk any teacher at all then?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why live if covid will kill us all

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a disingenuous liar

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teachers sue Florida governor for order to reopen schools in defiance of ‘basic human needs for health and safety’

Teachers in Florida—where coronavirus cases continue to surge—filed a lawsuit on Monday to block a state-ordered physical reopening of schools in August, saying,

“There is no rational basis for ignoring science and evidence-based data.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/tea...th-and-safety/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren't you concerned about the employees in the grocery stores, Home Depot, Walmart, Costco, dentist/doctor's offices? What's so special about teachers - other than they are unionized?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all high risk if you're in an enclosed area with 160 students 6-7 hours a day, 5 days a week, head.

Thread Information