Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be sure to check back in later and see if anyone finds a study
    Ill be sure to check back on that study that says teachers cant infect teachers

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adults infected both the other adults and the kids. Kids aren't infecting the adults or the other kids. Prove me wrong.
    We do not know this answer yet.
    It also depends on what age groups we look at.
    Two years and younger clearly appears to be rare, but to say it does not happen at this point is stupidity.
    Realize NO ONE can actually see the virus go from one person to another and then causing symptoms. It all has to be reasoned through contact studies, which are getting very difficult right now because so many people have this thing. In fact we may have to give up on this all together, it would have been very effective if we had contained this early on.

You are wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wearning a masks muffles the voice and hides facial expressions.

Gonna be hard for teachers to communicate with the lower grades.

Do the students where masks?

When several kids are infected in the same classroom, the transmissibility to the adults will be higher than from one kid.

When teachers start going down, TSA will scoot away.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-07-2020 at 05:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one of these is a clinical study: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

RESULTS

As of April 4, a total of 1221 of 9199 persons (13.3%) who were recruited for targeted testing had positive results for infection with SARS-CoV-2. Of those tested in the general population, 87 (0.8%) in the open-invitation screening and 13 (0.6%) in the random-population screening tested positive for the virus. In total, 6% of the population was screened. Most persons in the targeted-testing group who received positive tests early in the study had recently traveled internationally, in contrast to those who tested positive later in the study. Children under 10 years of age were less likely to receive a positive result than were persons 10 years of age or older, with percentages of 6.7% and 13.7%, respectively, for targeted testing; in the population screening, no child under 10 years of age had a positive result, as compared with 0.8% of those 10 years of age or older. Fewer females than males received positive results both in targeted testing (11.0% vs. 16.7%) and in population screening (0.6% vs. 0.9%). The haplotypes of the sequenced SARS-CoV-2 viruses were diverse and changed over time. The percentage of infected participants that was determined through population screening remained stable for the 20-day duration of screening.
    CONCLUSIONS

In a population-based study in Iceland, children under 10 years of age and females had a lower incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection than adolescents or adults and males. The proportion of infected persons identified through population screening did not change substantially during the screening period, which was consistent with a beneficial effect of containment efforts. (Funded by deCODE Genetics–Amgen.)
    The Texas data is much more persuasive than this milktoast.

Adults infected both the other adults and the kids. Kids aren't infecting the adults or the other kids. Prove me wrong.
    There's no data to backup your claim yet you ask to be proven wrong when there's Texas data staring you in the face.

Disingenuous piece of , as always.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wearning a masks muffles the voice and hides facial expressions.

Gonna be hard for teachers to communicate withe the lower grades.

When several kids are infected in the same classroom, the transmissibility to the adults will be higher than from one kid.

When teachers start going down, TSA will scoot away.
    It will be harder to cross off other teachers, cafeteria workers, etc... It will also have to assume teachers go straight home, dont have a family to have contact with, etc... Its getting really messy in narrowing this down. We just did not do the job early on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked for a study and you can't find one. You don't even attempt to contribute you just sit there waving your flag.
    I sit here and lol at conspiracy nut jobs like you while having real discussions with people that get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "AUSTIN (KXAN) — The University of Texas announced Tuesday that one of its staff members has died in relation to COVID-19.

According to UT, the staff member, whose iden y hasn’t been released, had a positive test that was “appropriately reported” to the university last month..."

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...irst-fatality/

Thank goodness it was only a staff member and not a student. BACK TO CLASS

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what the sadder part of this thread is, TSA selling out his 2 year old in defense of Dear Leader, or DarrinS working in another Black Lives Matter jab out of the blue.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Only one of these is a clinical study: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

The Texas data is much more persuasive than this milktoast.
    one states data more persuasive than all the data from around the world I provided that was actually thoroughly studied

Kari Stefansson is the CEO of the Icelandic company deCODE genetics in Reykjavík, which has studied the spread of COVID-19 in Iceland with Iceland’s Directorate of Health and the National University Hospital.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

Author Affiliations
    From deCODE Genetics–Amgen (D.F.G., A.H., H.J., O.T.M., P.M., G.L.N., J.S., A.S., P.S., A.B.A., B.E., R.F., E.E.G., G.G., K.R.G., A.G., H.H., B.O.J., A.J., F.J., T.K., D.N.M., L.R., G. Sveinbjornsson, K.E.S., E.A.T., B.T., G.M., I.J., U.T., K.S.), the School of Engineering and Natural Sciences (D.F.G., P.M.), the Department of Anthropology (A.H.), the Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences (A.L., I.J., K.G.K., U.T., K.S.), and the BioMedical Center of the University of Iceland (K.G.K.), University of Iceland, the Department of Clinical Microbiology, Landspitali–National University Hospital (O.S.G., T.R.G., M.S., A.L., K.G.K.) and the Directorate of Health (K.S.J., G. Sigmundsdottir, A.D.M., T.G.) — all in Reykjavik, Iceland.
    Address reprint requests to Dr. Stefansson at deCODE Genetics–Amgen, Sturlugata 8, Reykjavik 102, Iceland, or at [email protected].

https://www.sciencemuseumgroup.org.u...down-covid-19/

Children under 10 are less likely to get infected than adults and if they get infected, they are less likely to get seriously ill. What is interesting is that even if children do get infected, they are less likely to transmit the disease to others than adults. We have not found a single instance of a child infecting parents.
    Last edited by TSA; 07-07-2020 at 06:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill be sure to check back on that study that says teachers cant infect teachers
    Still waiting for that study ma nig TSA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't read the whole thing, nor it's conclusions, but since people were asking about studies, here's one:

Age-dependent effects in the transmission and control of COVID-19 epidemics
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0962-9

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what the sadder part of this thread is, TSA selling out his 2 year old in defense of Dear Leader, or DarrinS working in another Black Lives Matter jab out of the blue.
    I discussed schools being reopened long before Trump. There’s far too much harm to children from being shut out of school and missing out on education and social interaction, along with abuse at home, over doses, and suicides to continue keeping them at home when nothing has been shown they are at serious risk of death or spreading the virus.

If I were older and in the at risk category I’d be saying the same thing, get the kids back to school I’ll take the risk of dying from the virus.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Still waiting for that study ma nig TSA
    Keep waiting. I never claimed teachers couldn’t infect other teachers. Pretty easy for a teacher to avoid another teacher being that they have their own classrooms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep waiting. I never claimed teachers couldn’t infect other teachers. Pretty easy for a teacher to avoid another teacher being that they have their own classrooms.
    So teachers never interact with each other? Post that study then

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I sit here and lol at conspiracy nut jobs like you while having real discussions with people that get it
    Couple links and a few quips are all you’ve contributed to this thread, you aren’t having any real discussions with anyone here.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I discussed schools being reopened long before Trump. There’s far too much harm to children from being shut out of school and missing out on education and social interaction, along with abuse at home, over doses, and suicides to continue keeping them at home when nothing has been shown they are at serious risk of death or spreading the virus.

If I were older and in the at risk category I’d be saying the same thing, get the kids back to school I’ll take the risk of dying from the virus.
    How noble of you to want to volunteer the lives of the older teachers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple links and a few quips are all you’ve contributed to this thread, you aren’t having any real discussions with anyone here.
    Not much to really discuss in this thread. Florida governor and education agency want to push things as if everything is fine when it's completely not. They're idiots and you're an idiot. That's about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't answered to that even once in this thread. He never will but at least he provided some links to something!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So teachers never interact with each other? Post that study then
    How many more straw men can you come up with?

Schools are one of the easier places for an adult to socially distance from another adult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many more straw men can you come up with?

Schools are one of the easier places for an adult to socially distance from another adult.
    Lol "straw man"

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How many 80+ year old teachers did you know?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many 80+ year old teachers did you know?
    Lots in their 50s and 60s.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Not much to really discuss in this thread. Florida governor and education agency want to push things as if everything is fine when it's completely not. They're idiots and you're an idiot. That's about it.
    Florida governor is backed by data around the world.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said earlier, don't have a horse in this race, tbh, but would instinctively support whatever is the opposite of Betsy DeVos' position in this matter (which I don't know what it is)

Thread Information