Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Lots in their 50s and 60s.
    CFR still extremely low for that age range. Find a new job if you want to go back to work and are scared, to me the millions more kids being effected both now and in the future are more important than whatever number of 50 and 60 year old teachers there are that have a slim chance of dying anyways.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CFR still extremely low for that age range. Find a new job if you want to go back to work and are scared, to me the millions more kids being effected both now and in the future are more important than whatever number of 50 and 60 year old teachers there are that have a slim chance of dying anyways.
    How noble of you to sacrifice their lives because you thought in your head with no consequence whatsoever about how if you were old and high risk you'd sacrifice yourself. Yeah they can quit in this booming economy to be door greeters at Wal Mart.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How noble of you to sacrifice their lives because you thought in your head with no consequence whatsoever about how if you were old and high risk you'd sacrifice yourself. Yeah they can quit in this booming economy to be door greeters at Wal Mart.
    50-60 isn’t high risk. Teacher can retire at 50 here in California. And door greeter at Walmart is much riskier than teaching kids who aren’t passing on the virus at any concerning levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't put on a mask for ten minutes at the store
    My feelings are more important than everyone's health
    Hold your mask up to light
    Osu said they do not work
    But baseline bum knows best

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Why do you value the smaller number of 50-60 year old teachers who are at a low risk from dying from the virus more than the larger number of children who are at serious risk of trouble now and later in life from missing school?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50-60 isn’t high risk. Teacher can retire at 50 here in California. And door greeter at Walmart is much riskier than teaching kids who aren’t passing on the virus at any concerning levels.
    What a load that it's not risky. If you're teaching 7-12 you're in close contact with 90-150 students a day in a tightly packed room, depending on how the schools run their schedules.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many more straw men can you come up with?

Schools are one of the easier places for an adult to socially distance from another adult.
    In the office and the cafeteria?

Are you sure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol they are talking about having desk 6 feet apart plus those plastic things diving the space up

Kids can email the homework to teacher
    Teacher does not have to touch paper student used

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What a load that it's not risky. If you're teaching 7-12 you're in close contact with 90-150 students a day in a tightly packed room, depending on how the schools run their schedules.
    And those 90-150 aren’t vectors for transmission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you sure?
    Do they in the office ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And those 90-150 aren’t vectors for transmission.
    So 17 year-olds in schools aren't but we know pretty clearly 21 year-olds in bars are? Bull ing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they in the office ?
    Only your wife.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you sure?
    They can not bring their own lunch and eat In their classroom ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would actually advance this has little to do with the kids, and more in line with people being unable to go back to work when they have kids at home that they can't leave alone. And thus, making much more complicated to have a quick economic recovery.

But this opens up a different can of worms, which has to do with the US' generally cutthroat work schedule, salaries being stagnated for a long time, and the current economic woes.

The concept of a single bread-winner and a stay at home parent has never really been there in the low socioeconomic classes, but it has also been slipping further and further away from the middle class too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many more straw men can you come up with?

Schools are one of the easier places for an adult to socially distance from another adult.
    Are you a teacher? No

Do you have school age children? No

Sounds to me like you just threw out a baseless theory

Talk about strawmen lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can not bring their own lunch and eat In their classroom ?
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold your mask up to light
    Osu said they do not work
    But baseline bum knows best
    who da is osu? Your stuffed bear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Students can bring them apples for lunch and spit on them. Theyll be safe as apparently children have coronavirus poison for spit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the "we need to sacrifice old people in the altar of money" didn't work out, now we're going with the new and improved "we need to sacrifice old people so children can have a better future. somebody think of the children!"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the "we need to sacrifice old people in the altar of money" didn't work out, now we're going with the new and improved "we need to sacrifice old people so children can have a better future. somebody think of the children!"...
    We're bringing the Balous Miller Recovery to the schools. Strike Force assemble!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So 17 year-olds in schools aren't but we know pretty clearly 21 year-olds in bars are? Bull ing .

https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronav...n-and-covid-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida governor is backed by data around the world.
    Large studies from Iceland, the Netherlands and Spain and an Italian municipal study showed markedly lower SARS-CoV-2 prevalence amongst children and young people, however studies from Stockholm, England and municipalities in Switzerland and Germany showed showed no difference in infection prevalence between adults and children. Conclusions There is preliminary evidence that children and young people have lower susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2, with a 56% lower odds of being an infected contact. There is weak evidence that children and young people play a lesser role in transmission of SARS-CoV-2 at a population level.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....20.20108126v1 [not yet peer reviewed]

I did the ten second Google search you didn't when you took one study as gospel.

Seriously, why are you so disingenuous?

Why do you just take nonscience twitter accounts at their word?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I would actually advance this has little to do with the kids, and more in line with people being unable to go back to work when they have kids at home that they can't leave alone. And thus, making much more complicated to have a quick economic recovery.

But this opens up a different can of worms, which has to do with the US' generally cutthroat work schedule, salaries being stagnated for a long time, and the current economic woes.

The concept of a single bread-winner and a stay at home parent has never really been there in the low socioeconomic classes, but it has also been slipping further and further away from the middle class too.
    Pediatricians, child psychologists, and teachers all disagree with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pediatricians, child psychologists, and teachers all disagree with you.
    I'm sure they do, especially when a pandemic isn't around. Not the case here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronav...n-and-covid-19
    Sorry man I'm not buying any of your cherry picked after you have graced us with such wonders as Comet Ping Pong and Seth Rich.

Thread Information