Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then your family of educators aren't very educated, kids aren't vectors for transmission.
    Well, they certainly aren't much of a vector in schools of countries where the daily new case count is in the low double digits. I would think the chances of transmission from schoolkids would be higher in McAllen if you started school there today-- the higher the age of the kids, the higher the chances of transmission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    conservatives pushing for mass public schooling kids

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never said to be careless about it. The debate coming from the other side is weak and basically comes down to but what about the 80 year old teacher.
    The debate is that it's the complete ing opposite of distancing and making your interactions with people short to minimize exposure to a virus that has killed 135,000 Americans and will almost certainly kill many more. That we don't need to throw gasoline on the infernos we have raging in a lot of places right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, how many 80 year old teachers are there? 55 years old isn't high risk and at 55 a teacher can retire with many able to retire at 50. Women make up 75% of teachers and are at a lower risk then men. There are simply more children at risk than the amount of at risk elderly teachers. I'll side with the children every single time.
    65 and up is the risk population...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing also goes through above 40 year olds with the 'besity and 'beetus pretty mercilessly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing also goes through above 40 year olds with the 'besity and 'beetus pretty mercilessly.
    sure... and I've read 55 is really where really starts to get bad for the common folk. Just leaving some wiggle room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My motivation is 100% out of concern from the kids. I was an educator myself and have lots of family that were in education. Mom taught for 30 years and then taught teachers after that. 2 of my best friends wife's teach, another is a principal. Aunt and uncle were both principals, another aunt was a superindendent and her husband a college professor. Every single one of my family or friends that I've talked to that are in education are willing to go back and want to go back for the sake of the kids.

A lot of people don't understand the ramifications years from now we'll see if our kids continue to be held out of school, and no online learning does not come close to giving kids what they need, especially the social aspects. When this is over more high school age kids will have committed suicide from the lockdowns than been killed by the virus. The longer we keep them out of school the more drug addiction and depression we'll see in the next few years. It's totally ed. Schools are essential, if the teachers don't want to take the risk like ing high school server at a restaurant is doing than find a new ing line of work.
    Where were you when we were all making fun of rmt for homeschooling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If one checker dies from covid that can be traced from someone shopping for groceries, do you shut it all down or do you keep grocery stores open?
    Oh nifty false equivalence. If you can't tell the difference between a grocery store and a classroom then I'd say you never taught and you never grocery shopped.

But I'd also say if you actually could trace cashiers deaths and illness back to having contact with customers then maybe it's time to distance shop/curbside service/full tilt self checkout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA was a teacher? Shiiiiit. Now I see why there's a culture of anti-science and anti-knowledge in this country.

I wonder if all of his notes and lesson plans for his students were just other peoples' tweets.
    I haven't conversed with TSA as much as you all, and wasn't around for him promoting Pizzagate, but I think he's rather reasonable. I think he trolls with like Pizzagate for the sake of pissing off liberals. I would guess he's a hold-your-nose Trump voter and voted for him for the tax breaks and his gun control position. He probably acts as Trump fanboy to, again, irritate Liberals. Trump is a piece of dog , but I'd vote for the Liberal version of Trump if it meant said dog politician would raise taxes on the rich and usher in universal healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF YOU'RE FORTY, FAT AND BEETUSED THAT'S ALL ON YOU. GET TO CLASS.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    65 and up is a very small percentage of teachers and they shouldn't go back and either find a new job or retire. The educational/social needs of millions of kids outweigh the 65 year and older teachers.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Where were you when we were all making fun of rmt for homeschooling
    I don't read much of anything she posts so obviously missed it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't conversed with TSA as much as you all, and wasn't around for him promoting Pizzagate, but I think he's rather reasonable. I think he trolls with like Pizzagate for the sake of pissing off liberals. I would guess he's a hold-your-nose Trump voter and voted for him for the tax breaks and his gun control position. He probably acts as Trump fanboy to, again, irritate Liberals. Trump is a piece of dog , but I'd vote for the Liberal version of Trump if it meant said dog politician would raise taxes on the rich and usher in universal healthcare.
    Seth Rich too

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I've conversed with you much more than TimDunkem because you're respectful even when we disagree. I came to this board over 20 years ago to troll, nothing has changed. You've pegged me fairly accurately though minus the voting for Trump part.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Did they finally solve his murder and catch the killers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    65 and up is a very small percentage of teachers and they shouldn't go back and either find a new job or retire. The educational/social needs of millions of kids outweigh the 65 year and older teachers.
    In this economy, find a new job? Yeah, that ain't happening. It's not an easy decision, but kids are not going to die for staying at home, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Distance education and internet learning have been around for a very long time so saying they "need" brick and mortar is bull .

The only thing you have left is the social aspect which pretty much s on all homeschoolers.

The only valid argument is that we need a place to send our kids to during the day so that we can all go to work. That's what public school has become now in the 21st century......a giant daycare with some learning thrown in.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Distance education and internet learning have been around for a very long time so saying they "need" brick and mortar is bull .

The only thing you have left is the social aspect which pretty much s on all homeschoolers.

The only valid argument is that we need a place to send our kids to during the day so that we can all go to work. That's what public school has become now in the 21st century......a giant daycare with some learning thrown in.
    Distance education and internet learning are not available to many poor kids. I thought the Democratic party was the champion of the poor?

Gaps in internet access proved to be one of the biggest hurdles to distance learning after schools closed this spring. In Nashville schools, about 31% of students do not have a computer at home and nearly 20% do not have access to the internet.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ts/5383315002/

In Metro Schools, 31% of students, or more than 22,250, do not have a computer at home, and about 14%, or 10,000 students, do not have wireless internet.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ll/5240364002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no. the sheer volume of "research" and arguments he made supporting pizzagate, weird art collections, Uranium One, Las Vegas shooting, Seth Rich and ritual child abuse theories were proof he believed in each and every one until it got to embarrassing for him to admit it.

He still actually believes them though. He'll still "jes' ask questions" about Seth Rich like he just did here and will reintroduce those theories whenever one of his bat right wing sources comes out with new "evidence" or a novel twist on an existing theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Distance education and internet learning are not available to many poor kids. I thought the Democratic party was the champion of the poor?

Gaps in internet access proved to be one of the biggest hurdles to distance learning after schools closed this spring. In Nashville schools, about 31% of students do not have a computer at home and nearly 20% do not have access to the internet.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ts/5383315002/

In Metro Schools, 31% of students, or more than 22,250, do not have a computer at home, and about 14%, or 10,000 students, do not have wireless internet.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ll/5240364002/
    That's a great argument for subsidizing broadband access tbh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    In this economy, find a new job? Yeah, that ain't happening. It's not an easy decision, but kids are not going to die for staying at home, tbh...
    A pandemic is hard on everyone. And even though older people face greater risks from the novel coronavirus, a UNICEF report released on Tuesday points to another particularly vulnerable population: youth. The report is led Lives Upended: How COVID-19 threatens the futures of 600 million South Asian children.

According to the report, the pandemic is "unraveling decades of health, education and other advances for children across South Asia." Because of the lockdowns, children are out of school (and cut off from the toilets and water they may have there but not at home). They're at risk of hunger when family incomes shrink — and of domestic abuse as well in close quarters. They're isolated from friends.

Especially concerning, say UNICEF and regional mental health experts, are anecdotal and statistical reports that show suicides and suicidal thoughts are going up, in particular among adolescents.

Statistics reported by Bharat Gautam, clinical psychologist for the Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal, do ent 134 reports of suicide among adolescents from March 24 to April 23 — and 127 the prior month.

The UNICEF report notes that, since the pandemic's start, a Bangladesh hotline for children "intervened in six cases of potential suicide" in a single week and that two adolescent suicide cases in Bhutan were linked to "family tension and domestic violence."

Simon Ingram, the report's author and previously a UNICEF field officer in the region, says that "suicide [is] often hidden [and] experts estimate the numbers [during the lockdown] could be even higher."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-there-is-hope

Unicef warns lockdown could kill more than Covid-19 as model predicts 1.2 million child deaths

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...l-predicts-12/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A pandemic is hard on everyone. And even though older people face greater risks from the novel coronavirus, a UNICEF report released on Tuesday points to another particularly vulnerable population: youth. The report is led Lives Upended: How COVID-19 threatens the futures of 600 million South Asian children.

According to the report, the pandemic is "unraveling decades of health, education and other advances for children across South Asia." Because of the lockdowns, children are out of school (and cut off from the toilets and water they may have there but not at home). They're at risk of hunger when family incomes shrink — and of domestic abuse as well in close quarters. They're isolated from friends.

Especially concerning, say UNICEF and regional mental health experts, are anecdotal and statistical reports that show suicides and suicidal thoughts are going up, in particular among adolescents.

Statistics reported by Bharat Gautam, clinical psychologist for the Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal, do ent 134 reports of suicide among adolescents from March 24 to April 23 — and 127 the prior month.

The UNICEF report notes that, since the pandemic's start, a Bangladesh hotline for children "intervened in six cases of potential suicide" in a single week and that two adolescent suicide cases in Bhutan were linked to "family tension and domestic violence."

Simon Ingram, the report's author and previously a UNICEF field officer in the region, says that "suicide [is] often hidden [and] experts estimate the numbers [during the lockdown] could be even higher."

Unicef warns lockdown could kill more than Covid-19 as model predicts 1.2 million child deaths

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most American kids have a toilet to in at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel for South Asia. I think they should try to deal with their problems as best they can. Certainly tough times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bangladesh

And 1.2 million? We arebalready at 1/2 million covid carcasses and it hasnt even started in 3rd world holes (beside the US)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel for South Asia. I think they should try to deal with their problems as best they can. Certainly tough times.
    Shockingly they are doing way better than us so far

No Q anon idiots who refuse to wear masks, no protesters, etc

Oh and the villages themselves put themselves in lockdown there. They have guys blocking roads into each village, they enforce their own lockdowns, no need for police,

Thread Information