Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yeah no re , old people dying of a highly transmissible virus that kills old people isn't exactly a stretch.
    You're acting as if all of these teachers are at risk 80+ year olds

https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/tab...14_t1s_002.asp

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    CDC director: Keeping schools closed poses greater health threat to children than reopening

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...?userid=247939

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're acting as if all of these teachers are at risk 80+ year olds

https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/tab...14_t1s_002.asp
    So the 30% over 50 because Dear Leader has to try to make the country look like it's normal by throwing gasoline on an inferno?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So the 30% over 50 because Dear Leader has to try to make the country look like it's normal by throwing gasoline on an inferno?
    Again, how many 80 year old teachers are there? 55 years old isn't high risk and at 55 a teacher can retire with many able to retire at 50. Women make up 75% of teachers and are at a lower risk then men. There are simply more children at risk than the amount of at risk elderly teachers. I'll side with the children every single time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, how many 80 year old teachers are there? 55 years old isn't high risk and at 55 a teacher can retire with many able to retire at 50. Women make up 75% of teachers and are at a lower risk then men. There are simply more children at risk than the amount of at risk elderly teachers. I'll side with Trump every single time.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC director: Keeping schools closed poses greater health threat to children than reopening

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...?userid=247939
    Opinion piece

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, how many 80 year old teachers are there? 55 years old isn't high risk and at 55 a teacher can retire with many able to retire at 50. Women make up 75% of teachers and are at a lower risk then men. There are simply more children at risk than the amount of at risk elderly teachers. I'll side with the children every single time.
    Pretending age is the only risk factor is disingenuous.
    Pretending teachers are the only school employees is disingenuous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll side with the children every single time.
    stop it you sound like the guy in your avatar with your fakeness

The children are fine actually happier to stay home. I know because have lots of nieces and nephews.

The parents are the ones who are struggling. Its up to each school system to make a good plan individually and up to the parents ultimately

but but the children da outta here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I'm much more confident about elementary kids back in school than older students.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think death is the only negative outcome of this virus? This isn't simply a "respiratory virus."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0630125129.htm
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/healt...eal/index.html
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...st-for-months/

If dedicated teachers want to sacrifice their health for the kids, fair enough. It's a much more noble cause than being forced "back to work" at some job you hate so the market can stabilize, but if teachers (and parents) are comfortable with the situation, then it shouldn't be forced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if your stance is the teachers like TSA and rmt, that stance is also the doctors, nurses, and the hospitals. I'm sure Hidalgo County would love another major influx of deathly ill patients caused by the schools and Arizona doctors will be just itching to convene their death panels in deciding if person X should die because teacher Y is also critically ill but Person X may not have five years left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a pretty scary thought going back to the classroom here in Houston. Cases have been ing like crazy and all it takes is one person to spread it like wildfire. A lot of people are retiring now because of this. It’s already a pretty ty job, now you have to risk your life or loved ones life for it? Not exactly enticing

“Hey you’re gonna get cussed out, have no funding, no real support from administrators, 230 kids to teach, no real team to help you, an all Sped/ESL class, deal with the STAAR bull , AND now you could get infected with Corona and lose your life.” tempting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a pretty scary thought going back to the classroom here in Houston. Cases have been ing like crazy and all it takes is one person to spread it like wildfire. A lot of people are retiring now because of this. It’s already a pretty ty job, now you have to risk your life or loved ones life for it? Not exactly enticing

“Hey you’re gonna get cussed out, have no funding, no real support from administrators, 230 kids to teach, no real team to help you, an all Sped/ESL class, deal with the STAAR bull , AND now you could get infected with Corona and lose your life.” tempting
    Don't forget every single class is going to have one asshole who thinks it's funny to go cough on the teacher, cough on the girl next to him, and so on. Haha, I killed the teacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if your stance is the teachers like TSA and rmt, that stance is also the doctors, nurses, and the hospitals. I'm sure Hidalgo County would love another major influx of deathly ill patients caused by the schools and Arizona doctors will be just itching to convene their death panels in deciding if person X should die because teacher Y is also critically ill but Person X may not have five years left.
    The arguments about getting kids back in brick-and-mortar school is that they need the socialization. Not to mention many poor kids rely on school for meals (which is an indictment of our ty social safety net system) or it gets them out of an abusive household for the day (but wouldn't an abusive parent just abuse them after school anyway?).

If teachers and parents decide they are collectively uncomfortable, why not continue with remote learning and set up real world socialization activities at the local parks and what not a few times per week? I'll give TSA the benefit of the doubt and say his motivation is out of concern for the kids, but the conservative motivation in general is obviously to get the parents back to work for the economy's sake.

“Parents can’t work if they are forced to stay home,” an outside Trump adviser said. “It’s about moving forward.”
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...schools-353245

As an aside, Hong Kong shutdown their schools today after a modest case e.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rus-cases-jump

"But Europe!"

Nah, I think we should be looking at the Asian countries for guidance on this .

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The arguments about getting kids back in brick-and-mortar school is that they need the socialization. Not to mention many poor kids rely on school for meals (which is an indictment of our ty social safety net system) or it gets them out of an abusive household for the day (but wouldn't an abusive parent just abuse them after school anyway?).

If teachers and parents decide they are collectively uncomfortable, why not continue with remote learning and set up real world socialization activities at the local parks and what not a few times per week? I'll give TSA the benefit of the doubt and say his motivation is out of concern for the kids, but the conservative motivation in general is obviously to get the parents back to work for the economy's sake.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...schools-353245

As an aside, Hong Kong shutdown their schools today after a modest case e.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rus-cases-jump

"But Europe!"

Nah, I think we should be looking at the Asian countries for guidance on this .
    My motivation is 100% out of concern from the kids. I was an educator myself and have lots of family that were in education. Mom taught for 30 years and then taught teachers after that. 2 of my best friends wife's teach, another is a principal. Aunt and uncle were both principals, another aunt was a superindendent and her husband a college professor. Every single one of my family or friends that I've talked to that are in education are willing to go back and want to go back for the sake of the kids.

A lot of people don't understand the ramifications years from now we'll see if our kids continue to be held out of school, and no online learning does not come close to giving kids what they need, especially the social aspects. When this is over more high school age kids will have committed suicide from the lockdowns than been killed by the virus. The longer we keep them out of school the more drug addiction and depression we'll see in the next few years. It's totally ed. Schools are essential, if the teachers don't want to take the risk like ing high school server at a restaurant is doing than find a new ing line of work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like your motivation was 100% for the kids at Comet Ping Pong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the ramifications for kids going to be when they realize they killed their teacher they liked BTW?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My motivation is 100% out of concern from the kids. I was an educator myself and have lots of family that were in education. Mom taught for 30 years and then taught teachers after that. 2 of my best friends wife's teach, another is a principal. Aunt and uncle were both principals, another aunt was a superindendent and her husband a college professor. Every single one of my family or friends that I've talked to that are in education are willing to go back and want to go back for the sake of the kids.

A lot of people don't understand the ramifications years from now we'll see if our kids continue to be held out of school, and no online learning does not come close to giving kids what they need, especially the social aspects. When this is over more high school age kids will have committed suicide from the lockdowns than been killed by the virus. The longer we keep them out of school the more drug addiction and depression we'll see in the next few years. It's totally ed. Schools are essential, if the teachers don't want to take the risk like ing high school server at a restaurant is doing than find a new ing line of work.
    This is utter bull . I can say the same. I come from a family made up of educators (teachers, principals, district employees, etc) and they're scared. Several are contemplating resignation. You call yourself an a former teacher? Then tell me how you plan to keep an 8 y/o child to keep his/her mask on, social distancing from peers, putting things in his mouth, washing their hands thoroughly? Kids are kids and they can't rationalize the severity of what's going on like an adult to a restaurant or a store you ing moron.

And I've asked this question before from you stupid ass trump ers with no response; please point to the data that indicates increased death rates due to lock downs or economic downturns because right now the virus has about 130k lead on that bull theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA's coming out strongly against home schooling is quite a twist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA was a teacher? Shiiiiit. Now I see why there's a culture of anti-science and anti-knowledge in this country.

I wonder if all of his notes and lesson plans for his students were just other peoples' tweets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And can we please put this bull myth to rest...children aren't immune from this disease. They're young and most will survive this but not all have a walk in the park response. Some get severely ill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA was a teacher? Shiiiiit. Now I see why there's a culture of anti-science and anti-knowledge in this country.

I wonder if all of his notes and lesson plans for his students were just other peoples' tweets.
    Worse, he even bought into the Satanic panic directed at schoolteachers and daycare personnel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sympathetic toward that, which is why this a debate worth having. I am on the side of getting kids back to school, actually. But we can't be careless about it.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    This is utter bull . I can say the same. I come from a family made up of educators (teachers, principals, district employees, etc) and they're scared. Several are contemplating resignation. You call yourself an a former teacher? Then tell me how you plan to keep an 8 y/o child to keep his/her mask on, social distancing from peers, putting things in his mouth, washing their hands thoroughly? Kids are kids and they can't rationalize the severity of what's going on like an adult to a restaurant or a store you ing moron.

And I've asked this question before from you stupid ass trump ers with no response; please point to the data that indicates increased death rates due to lock downs or economic downturns because right now the virus has about 130k lead on that bull theory.
    Then your family of educators aren't very educated, kids aren't vectors for transmission...edit...at least not enough to be concerned about to keep kids out of school.

And I've already provided data from the CDC on excess deaths from lockdowns and it was anywhere from 30,000 to 50,000.
    Last edited by TSA; 07-10-2020 at 12:34 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'm sympathetic toward that, which is why this a debate worth having. I am on the side of getting kids back to school, actually. But we can't be careless about it.
    I've never said to be careless about it. The debate coming from the other side is weak and basically comes down to but what about the 80 year old teacher.

Thread Information