My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug MISgovernance, never misses

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez Claims City, State’s Actual Covid-19 Cases Likely ‘Way Undercounted’ by a Factor of 10

Miami-Dade County, Florida Mayor Carlos Gimenez
    announced

a new nighttime curfew,

rollbacks on indoor dining at restaurants and bars, and

a shutdown of all gyms on Monday,

while also claiming that the actual number of Covid-19 cases he has seen in his city are “way undercounted by a factor of 10.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/miami-...-factor-of-10/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good lord, Desantis really wants to gift Florida to the democrats like really bad.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any mitigation plan for the elderly and vulnerable who will be otherwise forced to go into these buildings?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any mitigation plan for the elderly and vulnerable who will be otherwise forced to go into these buildings?
    The plan is likely to get the teachers with the most seniority to quit for fear of being killed by one of the little ers in his class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plan is likely to get the teachers with the most seniority to quit for fear of being killed by one of the little ers in his class.
    EVEN THE CHARTER SCHOOLS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Teachers, however, are concerned about their safety, according to Florida Education Association President Fedrick Ingram.

“It’s clear in communications with our members that educators are scared. They don’t trust politicians to make sure things are safe --- rightly so, with the record-breaking number of cases being reported,” Ingram told the News Service of Florida in an email Monday. “The governor is trying to brush that off.”

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...puses-in-fall/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EVEN THE CHARTER SCHOOLS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts and prayers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here in Miami-Dade, parents are being given the option of choosing virtual, in person or other (arrangement made with school) for EACH student. I hear that the majority of parents are choosing in person - they want the kids to go to school (I guess so they can free up their time to go to work)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida managed to find the dumbest politican in the country (except for Trump) to run their state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here in Miami-Dade, parents are being given the option of choosing virtual, in person or other (arrangement made with school) for EACH student. I hear that the majority of parents are choosing in person - they want the kids to go to school (I guess so they can free up their time to go to work)?
    A lot of parents also probably need the schools to feed their kids too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida managed to find the dumbest politican in the country (except for Trump) to run their state

Abbott isn't too far behind

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "Teachers, however, are concerned about their safety, according to Florida Education Association President Fedrick Ingram.

“It’s clear in communications with our members that educators are scared. They don’t trust politicians to make sure things are safe --- rightly so, with the record-breaking number of cases being reported,” Ingram told the News Service of Florida in an email Monday. “The governor is trying to brush that off.”

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...puses-in-fall/
    science denying teachers

There is no good reason that outweighs the needs of millions of kids to keep schools closed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The guy is Yale and Harvard educated, he's evil, not stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    science denying teachers

There is no good reason that outweighs the needs of millions of kids to keep schools closed.
    They probably are elders or have elders they care about.

Its not rocket science tbqh

Even if its a bit too much its human nature

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So countries that have the virus under relative control have reopened schools.

That means the US can safely reopen schools at the very high point of its pandemic.

That's just science.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of parents also probably need the schools to feed their kids too
    Probably - so what's the problem with some on this board (not necessarily you) with opening up the schools when the parents (and probably the kids) want it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    science denying teachers

Lol Phil Kerpen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA quoting results from New Zealand and the Netherlands that have COVID currently under control and applying them to the US where it's a ing raging inferno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably - so what's the problem with some on this board (not necessarily you) with opening up the schools when the parents (and probably the kids) want it too.
    You're really asking what the problem of opening up a school is during a pandemic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just had 7300+ new cases today. Ignorant mother er also wants to say it's because of testing despite your state having a growing positivity rate that's above 16% today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good lord, Desantis really wants to gift Florida to the democrats like really bad.
    My thoughts exactly.

He can order it, but he doesn't pick school boards. Voters do. Those voters will have some definite say as to whether or not the schools open up. I would fight it tooth and nail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For example? Where is this mythical school board?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're really asking what the problem of opening up a school is during a pandemic?
    It seems that most of the evidence points to covid not affecting kids much - what do you want - to keep them locked up for years? What about the loss of education, income for parents, etc? Most of the kids are not out now - so most likely it's not them causing the e - it's the boneheaded young adults who are congregating and not wearing masks.

Thread Information