Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hill's 12:30 Report- Presented by Facebook - Trump threatens schools'…
    Canada handled the coronavirus outbreak better than United States, PM…
    The Mary Sue logoFox News Argues in Court That Tucker Carlson Doesn’t Have an Obligation to Tell the Truth
    Fox News is in court this week, thanks to a slander lawsuit brought by Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model who received $150,000 from the National Enquirer to stay quiet about an alleged affair with Donald Trump.

McDougal says Tucker Carlson defamed her in a segment on her Stormy Daniels, who also claims to have had an affair with Trump.

“Two women approached Donald Trump and threatened to ruin his career and humiliate his family if he doesn’t give them money,” Carlson said in December of 2018. (He didn’t mention McDougal by name but showed her picture onscreen.) He told his viewers that the facts of the case were “undisputed” while recounting the “gist” of a New York Times story.

“Now that sounds like a classic case of extortion,” Carlson told his viewers.

Now Fox News is having to argue that when he said that, Carlson wasn’t really accusing McDougal of committing a crime. And the best defense they can come up with is that Carlson has no obligation to investigate the claims he makes or relay actual facts to his viewers, and that those viewers understand those things when they tune into his show.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...ell-the-truth/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think those viewers do, nor am I even sure they would care if they did.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I hope he runs for president.....just to see Jon Stewart stomp his guts out again.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Should have used the classic CNN line "unnamed source reveals"

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hill's 12:30 Report- Presented by Facebook - Trump threatens schools'…
    Canada handled the coronavirus outbreak better than United States, PM…
    The Mary Sue logoFox News Argues in Court That Tucker Carlson Doesn’t Have an Obligation to Tell the Truth
    Fox News is in court this week, thanks to a slander lawsuit brought by Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model who received $150,000 from the National Enquirer to stay quiet about an alleged affair with Donald Trump.

McDougal says Tucker Carlson defamed her in a segment on her Stormy Daniels, who also claims to have had an affair with Trump.

“Two women approached Donald Trump and threatened to ruin his career and humiliate his family if he doesn’t give them money,” Carlson said in December of 2018. (He didn’t mention McDougal by name but showed her picture onscreen.) He told his viewers that the facts of the case were “undisputed” while recounting the “gist” of a New York Times story.

“Now that sounds like a classic case of extortion,” Carlson told his viewers.

Now Fox News is having to argue that when he said that, Carlson wasn’t really accusing McDougal of committing a crime. And the best defense they can come up with is that Carlson has no obligation to investigate the claims he makes or relay actual facts to his viewers, and that those viewers understand those things when they tune into his show.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...ell-the-truth/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think those viewers do, nor am I even sure they would care if they did.
    Honestly he is an entertainer.
    He is payed to get people angry.
    People that watch this fruit and believe him cant be helped anyway imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should drop the news part of their name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should drop the news part of their name.
    So should CNN during certain segments.

If there is immediate preliminary coverage of an event taking place both organizations have plenty of boots on the ground to give a basic idea of what is going on.
    The election in 2016 was actually entertaining and up to date.

As far as analysis or actual explanations of complex news events in which there are really no good guys, they are both awful.
    If they ever let Chris Wallace do his thing on Sundays thats a watch. CNN, I dont know what I would watch actually. READING different sources who are relied on for being correct and MAKE retractions and explain mistakes and criticize their own job. Places that double check sources, are required to have reliable evidence from very different sources, have real EDITORS that say "this wont fly, its opinion or it does not meet up to standards" is super important today.

One can always go Youtube like TGY and watch the same re s get the same things wrong time after time. No retractions, get views thru ignorance, hate and fear. Like a really bad fake do entary done by an old vegan locked up in her cabin in Montana. TGY bites on paranoia. It works.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Whoop-dee-do. "Use every tool in your tool box." That was the battle plan on COVID at half-a-million Americans dead of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoop-dee-do. "Use every tool in your tool box." That was the battle plan on COVID at half-a-million Americans dead of it.
    Tell'em Dale. The CDC didn't have to tell the truth either. They just said what they now say was "for the best", that masks were ineffective against COVID. Turns out that was probably true, but then they said everyone should wear a mask. I'm no fan of Tucker, can't stand him actually. I don't know if he has a legal obligation to tell the truth in an opinion piece. No one else seems bound by that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell'em Dale. The CDC didn't have to tell the truth either. They just said what they now say was "for the best", that masks were ineffective against COVID. Turns out that was probably true, but then they said everyone should wear a mask. I'm no fan of Tucker, can't stand him actually. I don't know if he has a legal obligation to tell the truth in an opinion piece. No one else seems bound by that.
    Did not tell the truth about masks again...
    Completely taken from a revisionists point of view in what we knew and now know about the virus.
    Basic red team strategy. Look at the beginning of the pandemic when we did not know about the virus, and apply it now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...precisely, D!!!

D M C

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Completely taken from a revisionists point of view in what we knew and now know about the virus.
    Basic red team strategy. Look at the beginning of the pandemic when we did not know about the virus, and apply it now.
    (We) knew everything from Day 1, peeg. The experts told President Trump first, & President Obama immediately thereafter. Nobody that was en led was left out of that loop of truth. Of course (we) were not of that en led class. We've learned in the interim the hard way, over a million of us the ultimate lesson.

And everything we knew 3 January's ago holds true and remains fast in-the-ranks 3 January's on.

& I'll stipulate to the truth>>>when Hussein was made fully aware, words failed him & he turned ashen-faced, guaranteed.

President Trump? " me."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We're on the Whatboutism Team. What difference does the truth make?
    There, there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It/Whataboutism is tried & true, your side proved that out, Mult. You just don't like taking it. You only wanted to dish it.

No!!! We're giving you the whole 12 incher. ha, ha!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin is putting Carlson on Russian TV to serve as traitor against NATO and the American causeç

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horse

The CDC knew goddamn well what SARS virus do, and they certainly didn't have an epiphany just a couple months later. They bowed to political pressure both times, the 1st to keep people from buying all the masks (we know the front line works pound Home Depot for the N95s) and then to give people a placebo to try to help prevent a total economic collapse. They made political decisions based on political goals, not medical decisions based on science.

"when we didn't know about the virus"

We still don't. The CDC did and does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you have a donut coupon to clip or a sock to stuff with kitty litter?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC now says masks work.

What a ing idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horse

The CDC knew goddamn well what SARS virus do, and they certainly didn't have an epiphany just a couple months later. They bowed to political pressure both times, the 1st to keep people from buying all the masks (we know the front line works pound Home Depot for the N95s) and then to give people a placebo to try to help prevent a total economic collapse. They made political decisions based on political goals, not medical decisions based on science.

Absolutely incorrect.
    We had no idea it was almost all airborne infections. We had people spending wasted time wiping down surfaces where it becomes inactive very quickly. People were throwing out food they thought might have virus. You are a lying sack of , or dont know your stuff.
    Which is it?

We did not even know it was a virus in China very early on. They are difficult to detect because they are tiny. We had a good guess, but no scientific proof.
    You absolutely are playing chronological games with what we did and did not know. Classic red team bull .
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-13-2022 at 08:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chunko getting regulated per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely incorrect.
    We had no idea it was almost all airborne infections. We had people spending wasted time wiping down surfaces where it becomes inactive very quickly. People were throwing out food they thought might have virus. You are a lying sack of , or dont know your stuff.
    Which is it?

We did not even know it was a virus in China very early on. They are difficult to detect because they are tiny. We had a good guess, but no scientific proof.
    You absolutely are playing chronological games with what we did and did not know. Classic red team bull .
    You're not the CDC, dumbass.

Giving advice that specific PPE doesn't work when you DON'T KNOW is called LYING.

Got it Cliff?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Horse

You GD right!

D M C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not the CDC, dumbass.

Giving advice that specific PPE doesn't work when you DON'T KNOW is called LYING.

Got it Cliff?
    WE is the scientific community and everything I have stated is accurate.
    Giving advice on PPE as a precaution that happens to be wrong is not lying.
    You still dont have a clue as to the timeline involved with the discovery of this disease and the virus that cause it.

Do you still think throwing out food as a precaution because we did not know if the virus was transmitted in food was wrong and a lie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE is the scientific community and everything I have stated is accurate.
    no, the CDC doesn't give 2 s about your opinion.
    Giving advice on PPE as a precaution that happens to be wrong is not lying.
    Making matter of fact statements about PPE when you don't know, that's not being wrong. That's called lying. This wasn't a front porch chat with Stan your neighbor. Stan would be wrong. The CDC was lying. Had they said "we cannot offer PPE guidance because we don't know the full picture" that would have been correct. Unless you think the concept of airborne viruses is a novel concept.

One of the most perplexing and enduring mysteries of the pandemic is also one of the most fundamental questions about viruses. How can the same virus that kills so many go entirely unnoticed in others?

The mystery is hardly unique to COVID-19. SARS, MERS, influenza, Ebola, dengue, yellow fever, chikungunya, West Nile, Lassa, Japanese encephalitis, Epstein-Barr, and polio can all be deadly in one person but asymptomatic in the next. -The Atlantic

Is asymptomatic spread unusual?
    While it’s confounding to many people that a virus can spread before the person who is infected with it even knows that they are sick or showing any symptoms, Beckham said it’s not unusual. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is what’s known as an RNA virus.

“With RNA viruses and other respiratory viruses, it’s quite common for people to be asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic. That’s probably an important way for them to spread,” Beckham said.
    https://www.uchealth.org/today/the-t...d-of-covid-19/
    You still dont have a clue as to the timeline involved with the discovery of this disease and the virus that cause it.
    That doesn't matter when the CDC already told people to not use PPE.

And you expect any rational person to believe the CDC didn't know this was a possibility? No MSDS takes the least aggressive PPE route based on ignorance of facts. Why would the CDC do this?

Answer sans politics: They wouldn't.
    Do you still think throwing out food as a precaution because we did not know if the virus was transmitted in food was wrong and a lie?
    When did I say I thought this?
    Regardless, taking the safest approach is correct. No PPE isn't the safest approach. Why would you offer as an analogy taking the safest approach instead of saying "eat the food" until we discover "oops it was tainted, solly cholly... new guidance incoming".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chunko getting regulated per par.
    He hates it when pgardn slaps him down on a subject fat-hands knows about.

Thread Information