Page 105 of 176 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw the press release on the trial. Only 1100 kids is an awfully small sample size.

It's going to be a big deal if they press forward with such a small trial and then there is a serious side effect considering that group is at such low risk from the virus.

100%

But even a medium side effect or even a few minor long term side effects would be a disaster

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah so pointing out the billions these vax companies are making somehow is gonna bring another mutation that will shut us down again

Thats an epically stupid take
    no to clarify
    the redneck and ignorant s that think they're too free to get vaccinated and bring up Pfizer income as proof covid is a scam are the exact reason why covid will be a permanent thing and repeated vaccines needed, thereby giving them more opportunity to flaunt their needle freedoms

It's a cycle, it's circular, but I guess you can't understand it if you're in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Waiving TRIPs can't hurt, but I've heard the immediate bottleneck is production, not rights.

It's estimated ~1.5 billion vaccines will be produced this year, global need has been reported to be in the range of 10-15 billion doses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol committed to taking the time needed to negotiate at the WTO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol committed to taking the time needed to negotiate at the WTO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to clarify
    the redneck and ignorant s that think they're too free to get vaccinated and bring up Pfizer income as proof covid is a scam are the exact reason why covid will be a permanent thing and repeated vaccines needed, thereby giving them more opportunity to flaunt their needle freedoms

It's a cycle, it's circular, but I guess you can't understand it if you're in it.
    I doubt theres any person who wont get vaccinated as not to enrich Pfizer stockholders and CEOs tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seyc es Experiencing COVID-19 Surge, Enforcing Restrictions, Despite Leading World In Vaccination Rate
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/seych...ccination-rate

60% Sinopharm

We need to give China our technology

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Old Joe getting it done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Joe getting it done
    promises made, promises kept

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Joe getting it done
    will BigPharma comply? will they judge-shop for Repug pro-business judge to protect the patents?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Countries denied access to medicines and vaccines they help develop

new medicines and vaccines approved for use in the United States are often unavailable in countries that hosted their clinical trials,

suggesting that the benefits of drug research are not being shared equitably among populations that participate in testing.

34 novel drugs sponsored by large pharmaceutical companies that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved between 2012 and 2014.

Approvals were made on the basis of a total of 898 trials that were held in the United States and 70 other countries worldwide.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/yu-cda050521.php

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    promises made, promises kept
    US talk of waiving vaccine patents is merely symbolic: Experts

The U.S. is supporting discussions about waiving vaccine patent rights in order to help increase vaccine production globally as a new wave of coronavirus cases, particularly in India, is causing concern.
    U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai said in a statement Wednesday the country would engage in text-based negotiations with the World Trade Organization.
    But Tai also tempered expectations, noting that, "Negotiations will take time given the consensus-based nature of the ins ution and the complexity of the issues involved."
    The negotiations center around the Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, known informally as the TRIPS Agreement. Both India and South Africa pushed for waivers in October.
    Many health and policy experts, however, believe the move, while unprecedented, is unlikely to have any real impact.
    "I don't see what this move gets us in terms of getting more vaccines," said Craig Garthwaite, director of health care at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
    Garthwaite told Yahoo Finance it appears more of a symbolic gesture to signal that the U.S. is taking the surge in India seriously.
    But if the Biden administration were taking the crisis more seriously, it would have already sent tens of millions of stockpiled AstraZeneca (AZN) doses to India, he said.
    The Biden administration has faced stark criticism over its hoarding of AstraZeneca doses, especially after Chief White House Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci said the U.S. would not need them.
    One vaccine expert, Dr. Peter Hotez at Baylor College of Medicine, said the U.S. doses would be a "drop in the bucket" of what India needs.
    Manufacturing bottleneck

Experts like bioethicist NYU Langone's Dr. Arthur Caplan say the patent waivers are no more than a red herring, "because no one is going to get a vaccine by next month."
    The issue hasn't been the technology, but rather the manufacturing process, Caplan told Yahoo Finance. So a patent waiver and technology transfer is useless, he added.
    Pfizer (PFE) CEO Albert Bourla recently told Yahoo Finance that the process to manufacture the vaccine involves 19 countries already — signifying a global effort for sourcing and production— for a technology that didn't exist at scale before the pandemic.
    "Right now, the bottleneck is related with the ability to ramp up manufacturing at the levels that the demand is. The issues are with raw materials that are in limited supply. These are highly specialized raw materials ... It's not simple chemicals," Bourla said.
    Which is why, even if a company were to get the technology and try to produce more vaccines, they wouldn't be able to sustain regular production, and it would take them at least two years to scale up, Bourla said.
    Garthwaite echoed Bourla's comments, noting that making a vaccine, "is not like trying to make a cheesecake."
    Meanwhile, Moderna (MRNA) had already voluntarily waived its patent enforcement in October, but so far has had no takers.
    Even if it did, CEO Stéphane Bancel told Yahoo Finance that they company doesn't have resources to allocate to bring in a new partner.
    "Because we are still a small company, you know Moderna is 1,300 people ... the tech transfer would take resources away this year, to prepare for next year if we were to outsource the technology. That will limit our ability to make as many doses as we can this year," Bancel said.
    But the biggest questions circulating have been about what it means for future intellectual property protections and how that could affect the U.S.'s standing in the biotechnology sector.
    "The holy grail of the U.S. is IP," said Raymond James analyst Chris Meekins.
    Meekins told Yahoo Finance Wednesday that the unprecedented move raises questions for something that "has always been a lockbox for good reason."
    He noted Tai's comment on the pace of negotiations was important, because the idea that a waiver would be "game-changing action for India or South America in the next three months is wishful thinking."
    Caplan said that it's also possible that negotiations could sour if trade partners ask for things the U.S. and pharma companies are not willing to give. On the other hand, a limit to only use this strategy for pandemics, and to set a reimbursement rate of some sort, could make it more appealing for the U.S., he added.
    "It's ludicrous to try and protect patents in a worldwide pandemic," Caplan said.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Old Joe getting it done
    Garthwaite told Yahoo Finance it appears more of a symbolic gesture to signal that the U.S. is taking the surge in India seriously.
    But if the Biden administration were taking the crisis more seriously, it would have already sent tens of millions of stockpiled AstraZeneca (AZN) doses to India, he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, why not send it? No one here is taking that one anyway.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Old Joe getting it done

On a serious note though no clue why we aren’t sending it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Joe getting it done

On a serious note though no clue why we aren’t sending it.
    america first

joe the patriot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    america first

joe the patriot

Listen fat...Lying, dog-faced pony soldier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Joe wanted to get done hed have signed an executive order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is evil

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News is ing metastasized cancer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Pharma to Old Joe

"Wrong answer, old boy"

Calling it Joe will back down or claim agnostic

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is evil

He's got the freedom to say whatever he wants as a Trump appointed judge already said.

Basically: No one with a sense of reason believes what he says

Well apparently the US and this board are full of people unable to reason.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Pharma to Old Joe

"Wrong answer, old boy"

Calling it Joe will back down or claim agnostic
    People are also completely overlooking that WE have had trouble with their political leaders as well as Modi is not admitting to the f-up and is not doing much of anything himself to help a problem that he claimed was "India's great achievement" when the rest of the world was in trouble. This is another democratically elected Trump like president who wont swallow the bitter pill.

And quit with this humanitarian hater.
    You dont give a . You really dont. You care about who ever is in charge looking bad or good, not actual people dying.
    You are as fake a poster as there is on this board. At least derp stays re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listen fat...Lying, dog-faced pony soldier
    we dont have time for political correctness

Thread Information