Page 116 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4376
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't just listen; I watched him flounder on the hill many times now. A man who is confident doesn't get shook like he does so often. He's a fraud no matter how many times you try place him on a pedestal.
    He is a fraud because YOU say he flounders. He is old. His speech will not be good just like Trump and Biden. Anyone who is asked to talk while being taped WILL make mistakes. You would like me to present Trump as a fraud because he Flounders? There are litterally hundreds of tapes of Trump making all kinds of speech errors and FLoundering. Do you consider all our leaders frauds because they flounder, because if they are on TV etc... enough they will make mistakes. So would you and I.

What specifically makes you sure Fauci is a fraud. And I assume you know the definition. Because it IS not his background. It is NOT his work with AIDS that for some reason you found... funny? Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a fraud because YOU say he flounders. He is old. His speech will not be good just like Trump and Biden. Anyone who is asked to talk while being taped WILL make mistakes. You would like me to present Trump as a fraud because he Flounders? There are litterally hundreds of tapes of Trump making all kinds of speech errors and FLoundering. Do you consider all our leaders frauds because they flounder, because if they are on TV etc... enough they will make mistakes. So would you and I.

What specifically makes you sure Fauci is a fraud. And I assume you know the definition. Because it IS not his background. It is NOT his work with AIDS that for some reason you found... funny? Why?
    Let's leave it at this because we're never going to agree. You think Fauci is righteous & I think he deserves to be on his knees facing the wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's leave it at this because we're never going to agree. You think Fauci is righteous & I think he deserves to be on his knees facing the wall.
    I think Fauci is a very good virologist and a very good scientist but he is old.
    He is not a politician, so he is not a confident liar. Im glad he is a PART of the team.

You think Fauci flounders... and is not confident.

You laugh at his work on AIDS for... I just have no ideas... ok done.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Fauci is a very good virologist and a very good scientist but he is old.
    He is not a politician, so he is not a confident liar. Im glad he is a PART of the team.

You think Fauci flounders... and is not confident.

You laugh at his work on AIDS for... I just have no ideas... ok done.
    The he ain't, peeg. He's a SOB of a politician.

I'd indict him for it. That bas claimed (in the circa) that only 35% of HIV infected would eventually develop AIDs. He knew that was a lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The he ain't, peeg. He's a SOB of a politician.

I'd indict him for it. That bas claimed (in the circa) that only 35% of HIV infected would eventually develop AIDs. He knew that was a lie.
    Thats incorrect. He absolutely did not know it was a lie. There were some other things that were big learning surprises for him. There is a whole lot of literature on this. You are incorrect in the worst manner. He did a fantastic job. Fauci himself has been the one the criticize himself on what he thought he might pick up on, but did not until later.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the article, Codagenix and Astro-Zeneca look to be able to bring their intranasal vaccines to market soonest, if proven effecive and safe. The linked piece is another roundup and has clear explanations. The intuitive appeal of intranasal vaccines is the possibility they can stimulate both mucosal and systemic immunity.

Charneau and a group of scientists in Paris have shown that natural SARS-CoV-2 infections trigger both systemic and mucosal immunity. But our current crop of COVID-19 vaccines offer only systemic protection.
    https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/...p-COVID/99/i21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vaccine mandates aren't new

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vaccine mandates aren't new

Troof nukes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    police action to enforce vaccination was hardly unheard of in the 20th century

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historian Michael Willrich was planning to write a book about civil liberties in the aftermath of Sept. 11 when he stumbled across an article from The New York Times archives. It was about a 1901 smallpox vaccination raid in New York — when 250 men arrived at a Little Italy tenement house in the middle of the night and set about vaccinating everyone they could find.

"There were scenes of policemen holding down men in their night robes while vaccinators began their work on their arms," Willrich tells Fresh Air's Terry Gross. "Inspectors were going room to room looking for children with smallpox. And when they found them, they were literally tearing babes from their mothers' arms to take them to the city pesthouse [which housed smallpox victims.]"

The vaccination raid was not an isolated incident. As the smallpox epidemic swept across the country, New York and Boston policemen conducted several raids and health officials across the country ordered mandatory vaccinations in schools, factories and on railroads. In Pox: An American History, Willrich details how the smallpox epidemic of 1898-1904 had far-reaching implications for public health officials — as well as Americans concerned about their own civil liberties.

"110 years ago, vaccination was compelled by the state," he says. "But there no effort taken by the government to ensure that vaccines on the market were safe and effective. We live in a very different environment today where there are extensive regulations governing the entire vaccine industry."
    https://www.npr.org/2011/04/05/13512...cination-rules

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we aren't going to vaccinate by force. GTFOH with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.
    But businesses and schools might fire you or not let you in.
    Its just not good for the nation as a whole that we cant get enough people vaccinated and had to go through a critical wave now involving young people.

(This is all just another tough lesson in which we will lose more prosperity and make people poorer as a nation because we are a democracy that will allow disinformation to travel. And we clearly have a significant portion of the population who just dont understand the immune system and viruses. Maybe Texas could put this is for Biology in the curriculum. Maybe Governor Abbott would work on the teaching of how to take care of your body and others at the same time... nope... He does not even want the amendments to the cons ution taught. I wonder what would happen if he decided to get rid of the teaching of the 2nd amendment.)

Again, too bad this virus did mark up the face like small pox along with the respiratory symptoms. We would have had people lined up. Pleading... to be oh god... vaccinated!
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-06-2021 at 10:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wasn't a recommendation, just giving US history context for anti-mandate snowflakes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cholesterol Drug Could Reduce SARS-CoV-2 Infection By Up To 70%

fenofibrate and its active form (fenofibric acid) can significantly reduce SARS-COV-2 infection in human cells in the laboratory.

https://scienceblog.com/524616/cholesterol-drug-could-reduce-sars-cov-2-infection-by-up-to-70

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    COVID: 90% of patients treated with new Israeli drug discharged in 5 days

The Phase II trial for an Israeli COVID drug saw some 29 out of 30 patients, moderate to serious, recover within days.

Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv’s Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.
    The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.
    “The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe,” Prof. Nadir Arber said. “To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups.”
    The trial was conducted in Athens because Israel did not have enough relevant patients. The principal investigator was Greece’s coronavirus commissioner, Prof. Sotiris Tsiodras.

Arber and his team, including Dr. Shiran Shapira, developed the drug based on a molecule that the professor has been studying for 25 years called CD24, which is naturally present in the body.
    “It is important to remember that 19 out of 20 COVID-19 patients do not need any therapy,” Arber said. “After a window of five to 12 days, some 5% of the patients start to deteriorate.”
    The main cause of the clinical deterioration is an over activation of the immune system, also known as a cytokine storm. In case of COVID-19 patients, the system starts attacking healthy cells in the lungs.
    “This is exactly the problem that our drug targets,” he said.
    CD24 is a small protein that is anchored to the membrane of the cells and it serves many functions including regulating the mechanism responsible for the cytokine storm.
    Arber stressed that their treatment, EXO-CD24, does not affect the immune system as a whole, but only targets this specific mechanism, helping find again its correct balance.
    “This is precision medicine,” he said. “We are very happy that we have found a tool to tackle the physiology of the disease.”
    “Steroids for example shut down the entire immune system,” he further explained. “We are balancing the part responsible for the cytokine storms using the endogenous mechanism of the body, meaning tools offered by the body itself.”
    Arber noted that another breakthrough element of this treatment is its delivery.
    “We are employing exosomes, very small vesicles derived from the membrane of the cells which are responsible for the exchange of information between them,” he said.
    “By managing to deliver them exactly where they are needed, we avoid many side effects,” he added.
    The team is now ready to launch the last phase of the study.
    “As promising as the findings of the first phases of a treatment can be, no one can be sure of anything until results are compared to the ones of patients who receive a placebo,” he said.
    Some 155 coronavirus patients will take part in the study. Two-thirds of them will be administered the drug, and one-third a placebo.
    The study will be conducted in Israel and it might be also carried out in other places if the number of patients in the country will not suffice.
    “We hope to complete it by the end of the year,” Arber said.
    If the results are confirmed, he vowed that the treatment can be made available relatively quickly and at a low cost.
    “In addition, a success could pave the wave to treat many other diseases,” he concluded.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...-5-days-675961

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID: 90% of patients treated with new Israeli drug discharged in 5 days

The Phase II trial for an Israeli COVID drug saw some 29 out of 30 patients, moderate to serious, recover within days.

Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv’s Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.
    The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.
    “The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe,” Prof. Nadir Arber said. “To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups.”
    The trial was conducted in Athens because Israel did not have enough relevant patients. The principal investigator was Greece’s coronavirus commissioner, Prof. Sotiris Tsiodras.

Arber and his team, including Dr. Shiran Shapira, developed the drug based on a molecule that the professor has been studying for 25 years called CD24, which is naturally present in the body.
    “It is important to remember that 19 out of 20 COVID-19 patients do not need any therapy,” Arber said. “After a window of five to 12 days, some 5% of the patients start to deteriorate.”
    The main cause of the clinical deterioration is an over activation of the immune system, also known as a cytokine storm. In case of COVID-19 patients, the system starts attacking healthy cells in the lungs.
    “This is exactly the problem that our drug targets,” he said.
    CD24 is a small protein that is anchored to the membrane of the cells and it serves many functions including regulating the mechanism responsible for the cytokine storm.
    Arber stressed that their treatment, EXO-CD24, does not affect the immune system as a whole, but only targets this specific mechanism, helping find again its correct balance.
    “This is precision medicine,” he said. “We are very happy that we have found a tool to tackle the physiology of the disease.”
    “Steroids for example shut down the entire immune system,” he further explained. “We are balancing the part responsible for the cytokine storms using the endogenous mechanism of the body, meaning tools offered by the body itself.”
    Arber noted that another breakthrough element of this treatment is its delivery.
    “We are employing exosomes, very small vesicles derived from the membrane of the cells which are responsible for the exchange of information between them,” he said.
    “By managing to deliver them exactly where they are needed, we avoid many side effects,” he added.
    The team is now ready to launch the last phase of the study.
    “As promising as the findings of the first phases of a treatment can be, no one can be sure of anything until results are compared to the ones of patients who receive a placebo,” he said.
    Some 155 coronavirus patients will take part in the study. Two-thirds of them will be administered the drug, and one-third a placebo.
    The study will be conducted in Israel and it might be also carried out in other places if the number of patients in the country will not suffice.
    “We hope to complete it by the end of the year,” Arber said.
    If the results are confirmed, he vowed that the treatment can be made available relatively quickly and at a low cost.
    “In addition, a success could pave the wave to treat many other diseases,” he concluded.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...-5-days-675961

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice

looking forward to the double blind test

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats incorrect. He absolutely did not know it was a lie. There were some other things that were big learning surprises for him. There is a whole lot of literature on this. You are incorrect in the worst manner. He did a fantastic job. Fauci himself has been the one the criticize himself on what he thought he might pick up on, but did not until later.
    You say this as if the man isn't a known liar...

His FOAI emails recently paint a different story about Fauci and his coverups. Fauci is a POS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all just another tough lesson in which we will lose more prosperity and make people poorer as a nation because we are a democracy that will allow disinformation to travel.
    Cons utional Republic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cons utional Republic!
    democracy and republic arent mutually exclusive

tell me, how do the representatives get into office?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    democracy and republic arent mutually exclusive

tell me, how do the representatives get into office?
    cool thread on the right wing "we're not a democracy" mantra

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J&J solid aginst Delta in large, real world trial

In the trial, called Sisonke, the researchers evaluated one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in nearly 500,000 health care workers, who are at high risk of Covid-19. The vaccine has an efficacy of up to 95 percent against death from the Delta variant, and up to 71 percent against hospitalization, the researchers reported.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/06/s...e-booster.html

Thread Information