Page 128 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4376
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm missing something. That paper studied 3 groups.

Here's how I interpreted their conclusion

Infected + single shot >> Infected >> Double vaxxed
    Yes that is correct in terms of gaining the broadest immunity. We are waiting for the vaxxed then infected immune response studies. Probably will be as protective as Infected then vaxxed and the safest route to full immunity but we'll have to wait and see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor Milo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US states hiding the ball.

Some posters act this only happens in unfree countries.

States Pull Back on Covid Data Even Amid Delta Surge

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pro-Capital, anti-Labor, govt LYING gets people sick and dead

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Goody, now use the profits you're going to glean to drag all your wet s back over the in' border to your in' side.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Pro-Capital, anti-Labor, govt LYING gets people sick and dead
    Don't fret, you two, you made up for it when it was on President Trump's tab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupidity caught up to this one. One less fool.

A police captain who refused the vaccine and took the anti-parasitic ivermectin to combat COVID-19 dies from the virus.

A Georgia police officer who frequently posted anti-vaxx messages on Facebook and took an anti-parasitic drug instead of a vaccine has died of COVID-19.

Captain Joe Manning, 57, of the Wayne County Sheriff's Office died on Wednesday after a short battle with the virus, according to local news station WSAV.

After the announcement of his death, Facebook posts made by Manning circulated on social media.

In one post, Manning shared an image that said, "I am not vaccinated by choice and that's my right."

In another, Manning encouraged people to stock up on the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, frequently used to deworm horses, and increasingly being taken by people in a misguided attempt to treat or prevent COVID-19.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DarrinS's pearl clutching totally notwithstanding, clinicians have been studying the efficacy of safe, approved drugs against COVID the whole way.

In a large, randomized clinical trial conducted with thousands of patients over the past six months, researchers at McMaster University tested eight different Covid-19 treatments against a control group to figure out what works.

One drug stood out: fluvoxamine, an antidepressant that the Food and Drug Administration has already found to be safe and that’s cheap to produce as a generic drug.

These new results follow some promising findings in small-scale trials last year. In those smaller studies, researchers found that fluvoxamine was strikingly good at reducing hospitalization for Covid-19 patients — but small-scale trials can sometimes turn up spurious good results, so those findings were obviously tempered by a lot of caveats.

This study, called the TOGETHER study,is a lot bigger — more than 3,000 patients across the whole study, with 800 in the fluvoxamine group — and supports the promising results from those previous studies. The authors released it this week as a preprint, meaning that it is still under peer review.

Patients given fluvoxamine within a few days after testing positive for Covid-19 were 31 percent less likely to end up hospitalized and similarly less likely to end up on a ventilator. (Death from Covid-19 is rare enough that the study has wide error bars when it comes to how much fluvoxamine reduces death, meaning it’s much harder to draw conclusions.) It’s a much larger effect than any that has been found for an outpatient Covid-19 treatment so far.
    https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...study-mcmaster

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DarrinS's pearl clutching totally notwithstanding, clinicians have been studying the efficacy of safe, approved drugs against COVID the whole way.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...study-mcmaster
    lol Brazilian trials

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ kneejerk grudgeposting

thoughts and prayers to you and yours during this difficult time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    piss poor on the whole, but the US is doing great in relative terms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "sugar-coated"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New COVID variant detected in South Africa, most mutated variant so far

The C.1.2 variant first detected in South Africa is more mutated compared to the original virus than any other known variant.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/new-covid-variant-detected-in-south-africa-most-mutated-variant-so-far-678011

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    New COVID variant detected in South Africa, most mutated variant so far

The C.1.2 variant first detected in South Africa is more mutated compared to the original virus than any other known variant.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/new-covid-variant-detected-in-south-africa-most-mutated-variant-so-far-678011

Then they'd best hold off on this 9/20 Booster. They'll need a fresh recipe so they can pick up not only the Delta variant, but this new SA variant too.

Chop/chop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet

Sotrovimab is an antibody therapy that was granted EUA in May.

Lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines are allowing us to feel optimistic again, after more than a year of anxiety and tragedy. But vaccines are only one side of the coin – we also need treatments that can prevent severe disease after someone has been infected. In the past year, there has been significant progress in developing effective antibody-based therapies, and three drugs are currently available through emergency use authorization (EUA) by the Food and Drug Administration.

Sotrovimab, the newest antibody therapy, was developed by GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology after a large collaborative study by scientists from across the nation discovered a natural antibody (in the blood of a SARS survivor, back in 2003) that has remarkable breadth and efficacy.

Experiments showed that this antibody, called S309, neutralizes all known SARS-CoV-2 strains – including newly emerged mutants that can now “escape” from previous antibody therapies – as well as the closely related original SARS-CoV virus.

Jay Nix, leader of the Molecular Biology Consortium based at Berkeley Lab’s Advanced Light Source (ALS), used beamlines at the ALS and beamlines at SLAC’s Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource to perform X-ray crystallography on samples of survivor-derived antibodies during an early phase of the study. His work, alongside other crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy findings, helped generate detailed structural maps of how these antibodies bind to the SARS-CoV-2 e protein, allowing the wider team to select the most promising contenders and advance them to cell culture- and animal-based studies. Following exciting lab results, the developers designed sotrovimab based on the structure of S309, and evaluated it in clinical trials.

The FDA granted an EUA for sotrovimab in late May after trials showed that people with mild to moderate COVID-19 infections who received an infusion of the therapy had an 85% reduction in rates of hospitalization or death, compared with placebo.
    https://scitechdaily.com/inescapable...cov-2-strains/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Advanced Light Source and

SLAC’s Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource are

Department of Energy Office of Science User Facilities."

Taxpayers benefit from their taxes financing The Commons,

more irrefutable evidence that

the Capitalists/Repugs are self-servingly, destructively WRONG in LYING that all govt is bad, and that no good can come from govt

Govt IS NOT the problem. Capitalists/Repugs ARE THE problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ in other words, both legacy parties plus the media, academia and the so called "business community.

Rule #1: Because the market.

Rule #2: Go die!

Corrollary: these rules do not apply to the people who make the rules or whose job it is to promulgate and defend them. Nor do they apply to the .01%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proning Manoeuvre Dramatically Improves COVID-19 Patients’ Blood Oxygen Levels

https://scienceblog.com/525063/proni...-oxygen-levels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course not,,,Trump making President like that broke a lot of minds on the Left. They will never get over him in the annals like this. Drives 'em mad.

Madonna pissed away her career over him making President. Not as high profile but that Griffin broad that used to have the New Year's Eve CNN gig with butt er AC360 same thing. Now she's with cancer and nobody gives a good . She's poison.

These people went ape because Trump made President. It is a true American phenomenon.

Even Biden can't find any peace because of...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

Thread Information