Page 129 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rage Against the Molecule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing wrong with Ivermectin, but Ivermectin-for COVID fanbois are more or less bonkers, see above

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anybody who would send their children into school, masked or unmasked, shot or unshot need their in' heads examined.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing wrong with Ivermectin, but Ivermectin-for COVID fanbois are more or less bonkers, see above

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is part of the problem imo. You look at Twitter and anytime Ivermectin is mentioned, someone brings up livestock dewormer. Often with a funny picture.
    Agree that it shouldn't be used to treat COVID but to classify it only as a livestock treatment means that someone else is looking it up and learning that it is approved for humans.
    Which often takes away credibility from those that correctly explain what it really is and that it's not a treatment for COVID.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All she has to do is convert the 1% solution to mg/cc and then measure out the appropriate volume to give the mg's recommended for her body weight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is part of the problem imo. You look at Twitter and anytime Ivermectin is mentioned, someone brings up livestock dewormer. Often with a funny picture.
    Agree that it shouldn't be used to treat COVID but to classify it only as a livestock treatment means that someone else is looking it up and learning that it is approved for humans.
    Which often takes away credibility from those that correctly explain what it really is and that it's not a treatment for COVID.
    They did the same thing with the "fish tank cleaner" story. It was just chloroquine phosphate sold to treat protozoan infections in fish. No different than chloroquine phosphate from the pharmacy.

Lying to people who think they are being lied to is not helpful imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All she has to do is convert the 1% solution to mg/cc and then measure out the appropriate volume to give the mg's recommended for her body weight
    if she's asking for dosage advice online she clearly lacks the intelligence to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recommended by whom?

"Murca's Frontline Doctors"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if she's asking for dosage advice online she clearly lacks the intelligence to do that.
    That's the joke whinehole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the joke whinehole
    not very funny one, but there's no accounting for taste

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA s are poisoning themselves and are too stupid to know otherwise.

No, Ivermectin Is Not Making People Poop Out "Rope Worms". The Truth Is Much Worse

Might be a stupid question but has anyone pooped out worms from taking ivermectin?” one woman asked a Facebook group devoted to the horse medicine. “[I’m] just curious.”

“Yes,” replied a fellow equine de-wormer aficionado. “[I’ve] been expelling rope worms with coffee enemas for a while now [but] it’s different with [ivermectin] … I got this tummy rumbling like I had to go with diarrhea … so I go to the pot and out comes a bile dump with full rope worms heads and all!”

They aren’t the only ones. So what are these “rope worms” that so many people are apparently infested with? How are they spread? And really, what are the chances that all these people actually needed de-worming?

Well, as you may have guessed from the le and general tone of the article so far, those … aren’t worms.

“Rope worms”, or to use the scientific term, “bits of intestinal lining that have been sloughed off because you’re ingesting poison and your body can’t handle it”, have a rich history in pseudo (which is to say, anti) scientific circles. The idea dates back to 2009, coincidentally not long after one Jim Humble started marketing what he called his “Miracle Mineral Solution”, or MMS. This, he said, could cure cancer, AIDS, malaria, autism – pretty much anything short of death itself. So why haven’t you heard of this miracle cure? Well, you probably have – but under a different name. You probably know it as industrial bleach.

As you’ve probably guessed, the “rope worms” that people have reported after taking ivermectin are caused by the same thing: their intestines being attacked by a massive dose of, essentially, poison. Veterinary-grade ivermectin – there is a version made for humans, but it comes in much lower doses – is causing their guts to shed its protective mucusy lining. To the untrained eye, these strands of human tissue may look like worms, but in fact they’re a sign that something is terribly wrong.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...is-much-worse/
    Last edited by Ef-man; 08-31-2021 at 12:00 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is an incredibly simple one made of only three atoms.
    You might want to try and it and then rage.

HCN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh met that guy at the renfair. Totally awesome costume.

Died a few years back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA s are poisoning themselves and are too stupid to know otherwise.

No, Ivermectin Is Not Making People Poop Out "Rope Worms". The Truth Is Much Worse

Might be a stupid question but has anyone pooped out worms from taking ivermectin?” one woman asked a Facebook group devoted to the horse medicine. “[I’m] just curious.”

“Yes,” replied a fellow equine de-wormer aficionado. “[I’ve] been expelling rope worms with coffee enemas for a while now [but] it’s different with [ivermectin] … I got this tummy rumbling like I had to go with diarrhea … so I go to the pot and out comes a bile dump with full rope worms heads and all!”

They aren’t the only ones. So what are these “rope worms” that so many people are apparently infested with? How are they spread? And really, what are the chances that all these people actually needed de-worming?

Well, as you may have guessed from the le and general tone of the article so far, those … aren’t worms.

“Rope worms”, or to use the scientific term, “bits of intestinal lining that have been sloughed off because you’re ingesting poison and your body can’t handle it”, have a rich history in pseudo (which is to say, anti) scientific circles. The idea dates back to 2009, coincidentally not long after one Jim Humble started marketing what he called his “Miracle Mineral Solution”, or MMS. This, he said, could cure cancer, AIDS, malaria, autism – pretty much anything short of death itself. So why haven’t you heard of this miracle cure? Well, you probably have – but under a different name. You probably know it as industrial bleach.

As you’ve probably guessed, the “rope worms” that people have reported after taking ivermectin are caused by the same thing: their intestines being attacked by a massive dose of, essentially, poison. Veterinary-grade ivermectin – there is a version made for humans, but it comes in much lower doses – is causing their guts to shed its protective mucusy lining. To the untrained eye, these strands of human tissue may look like worms, but in fact they’re a sign that something is terribly wrong.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...is-much-worse/
    oh.
    my.
    gawd.

just... wow. the price for being an anti-science dimwit keeps going up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Moderna just put a lot more vaccine in their vaccine. Unsure if it makes a difference long term, but neato for me if it does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh met that guy at the renfair. Totally awesome costume.

Died a few years back.
    How long have you been involved in cosplay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another super-duper Michael Harriot thread

vaccine mandates and feral anti-vaxxers go all the way back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, feral anti-vaxxers

I'll probably get delta from a vaccinated friend, which is no big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Florida and Texas hospitals.

A Calif. elementary school teacher took off her mask for a read-aloud. Within days, half her class was positive for delta.

The Marin County, Calif., elementary school had been conscientious about following covid-19 protocols. Masks were required indoors, desks were spaced six feet apart, and the students kept socially distant. But the delta variant found an opening anyway.

On May 19, one teacher, who was not vaccinated against the coronavirus, began feeling fatigued and had some nasal congestion. She dismissed it as allergies and powered through. While she was usually masked, she made an exception for story time so she could read to the class.

By the time she learned she was positive for the coronavirus two days later, half her class of 24 had been infected — nearly all of them in the two rows closest to her desk — and the outbreak had spread to other classes, siblings and parents, including some who were fully vaccinated.

“The mask was off only momentarily, not an entire day or hours. We want to make the point that this is not the teacher’s fault — everyone lets their guard down — but the thing is delta takes advantage of slippage from any kind of protective measures,” Tracy Lam-Hine, an epidemiologist for the county, said in an interview.

The case study, published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and highlighted by CDC director Roc e Walensky during a briefing on Friday, highlights the potential danger for children under the age of 12 — the only group in the United States ineligible for coronavirus vaccines as a hyper-infectious variant tears across the country.

Just this month in Brevard County, Fla., 1,623 children were infected and more than 8,000 students were quarantined. And in the Atlanta area, thousands of positive cases were confirmed in schools with 23,000 students and staff have been quarantined. The situation has turned the nation’s schools into ideological battlegrounds — with one angry parent ripping off a mask from a teacher’s face in a Texas school this month, and parents both for and against masks filing lawsuits against their children’s school districts.

Without concerted efforts to curb delta’s transmission, things are likely to get worse in coming months. A simulation posted this month by a CDC-funded lab predicted that in elementary schools without either masks or regular testing, more than 75 percent of children might be infected with the coronavirus in the first three months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ntary-schools/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Poor Florida and Texas hospitals.

A Calif. elementary school teacher took off her mask for a read-aloud. Within days, half her class was positive for delta.

The Marin County, Calif., elementary school had been conscientious about following covid-19 protocols. Masks were required indoors, desks were spaced six feet apart, and the students kept socially distant. But the delta variant found an opening anyway.

On May 19, one teacher, who was not vaccinated against the coronavirus, began feeling fatigued and had some nasal congestion. She dismissed it as allergies and powered through. While she was usually masked, she made an exception for story time so she could read to the class.

By the time she learned she was positive for the coronavirus two days later, half her class of 24 had been infected — nearly all of them in the two rows closest to her desk — and the outbreak had spread to other classes, siblings and parents, including some who were fully vaccinated.

“The mask was off only momentarily, not an entire day or hours. We want to make the point that this is not the teacher’s fault — everyone lets their guard down — but the thing is delta takes advantage of slippage from any kind of protective measures,” Tracy Lam-Hine, an epidemiologist for the county, said in an interview.

The case study, published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and highlighted by CDC director Roc e Walensky during a briefing on Friday, highlights the potential danger for children under the age of 12 — the only group in the United States ineligible for coronavirus vaccines as a hyper-infectious variant tears across the country.

Just this month in Brevard County, Fla., 1,623 children were infected and more than 8,000 students were quarantined. And in the Atlanta area, thousands of positive cases were confirmed in schools with 23,000 students and staff have been quarantined. The situation has turned the nation’s schools into ideological battlegrounds — with one angry parent ripping off a mask from a teacher’s face in a Texas school this month, and parents both for and against masks filing lawsuits against their children’s school districts.

Without concerted efforts to curb delta’s transmission, things are likely to get worse in coming months. A simulation posted this month by a CDC-funded lab predicted that in elementary schools without either masks or regular testing, more than 75 percent of children might be infected with the coronavirus in the first three months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ntary-schools/
    Why anyone would send their child to school, masked or unmasked, shot, or unshot is beyond me.

Keep-them-home.

Thread Information