Page 143 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4376
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the US has the most case/deaths of anyone worldwide and ulatively. and right now.

it stands to reason a lot other countries have handled their better than us.
    Several other advanced countries have 50 deaths/million

USA has 2050 deaths/million

with 50 deaths/million, USA would have 17K deaths, not 650K+

USA is failed state

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Several other advanced countries have 50 deaths/million

USA has 2050 deaths/million

with 50 deaths/million, USA would have 17K deaths, not 650K+

USA is failed state
    Uh, uh, daddy-O...USA has 700k+...of which over 300k is on mother er Biden's side of the COVID Death Ledger.
    ...& counting, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "follow da science"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "
    As was the case with Washington’s army, the mandates are largely succeeding:

• California’s policy has led thousands of previously unvaccinated medical workers to receive shots in recent weeks. At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, about 800 additional workers have been vaccinated since the policy was announced last month, bringing the hospital’s vaccination rate to 97 percent, according to my colleague Shawn Hubler.

• When New York State announced a mandate for hospital and nursing-home staff members in August, about 75 percent of them had received a shot. By Monday, the share had risen to 92 percent. The increase amounts to roughly 100,000 newly vaccinated people.
    • At Trinity Health, a hospital chain in 22 states, the increase has been similar — to 94 percent from 75 percent, The Times’s Reed Abelson reports. At Genesis HealthCare, which operates long-term-care facilities in 23 states, Covid cases fell by nearly 50 percent after nearly all staff members had finished receiving shots this summer.

Often, the number of people who ultimately refuse the vaccine is smaller than the number who first say they will. Some are persuaded by the information their employer gives them — about the vaccines’ effectiveness and safety, compared with the deadliness of Covid — and others decide they are not really willing to lose their jobs.

A North Carolina hospital system, Novant Health, last week suspended 375 workers, or about 1 percent of its work force, for being unvaccinated. By the end of the week, more than half of them — about 200 — received a shot and were reinstated."

-- NY Times email

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the richest country in the world, hospitals close because we can't wring enough profit out of them

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    in the richest country in the world, hospitals close because we can't wring enough profit out of them

It's on that sucker squattin' in the White House, on his tab, Winester. He's too busy lookin' at his watch, that mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merck to seek EUA for antiviral treatment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game changer.
    I could be wrong, but I'd guess a lot of people who take a pass on preventing COVID by getting vaccinated will take a pill once they get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merck to seek EUA for antiviral treatment

Just use cheaper horse pills ma nig

Case closed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong, but I'd guess a lot of people who take a pass on preventing COVID by getting vaccinated will take a pill once they get it.
    Vaccine doesn't prevent covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccine doesn't prevent covid
    that was sort of my point, thanks for underscoring the quite stubborn, yet fickle feeble-mindedness of anti-vaxxers when it comes to EUA. monoclonal antibodies are another example of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Case closed
    who said they would be cheaper?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who said they would be cheaper?

Old and overwheight. Shoulda take the vax

Ce la vi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the first such action in the nation, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a mandate Friday requiring all eligible public and private schoolchildren in California to be vaccinated against COVID-19, a policy the state expects to affect millions of students by fall 2022.

The mandate would take effect for grades 7 through 12 the semester following the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s full authorization of the vaccine for children ages 12 and over, according to the governor’s office. Students in kindergarten through sixth grade would be phased in after the vaccine is authorized for younger children.

Currently, only individuals 16 or older are eligible to receive a vaccine that has full approval from the FDA. Children as young as 12 have been able to receive the vaccine under emergency authorization. For that reason, state officials expect the mandate to begin taking effect next fall.

Once in effect, students will not be allowed to attend classes in-person on campus without being vaccinated, just as with any other required childhood vaccine. Rare medical and religious exemptions would be available.
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...fornia-schools

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Case closed
    Shoulda take the vax
    "case closed"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WaPo email --

"An experimental pill can reduce the risk of death and hospitalization from covid-19, pharmaceutical company Merck and its partner, Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, announced in a news release Friday.

They have applied to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization for the drug,

molnupiravir.

If authorized, the pill would be the first of its kind — an oral antiviral for covid-19.

Such a drug would be especially welcome in parts of the world with less access to expensive monoclonal antibody treatments or vaccines.

More than a year-and-a-half into the pandemic, some things about the virus aren't clear — since, as reporters Joel Achenbach and Yasmeen Abutaleb write, U.S. data are a mess.

Local health departments are left to collect information on hospitalizations, vaccinations and deaths, and the resulting patchwork quality of the country's pandemic statistics has hindered progress against the virus.

President Biden's science adviser, Eric Lander, said this is a "question that pertains to the whole health-care and public health system.

In the United States, our data systems are not interoperable.

They don’t talk to one another." "

Another role for govt that "neoliberal Capitalist money-grubbers" won't touch: standardization.

============================

Messy, incomplete U.S. data hobbles pandemic response

The nation’s decentralized, underfunded reporting system hampers efforts to combat the coronavirus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...demic-response
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-01-2021 at 05:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr

vaxxed less likely to spread infection than unvaxxed

(preprint, 150,000 contacts from 100,000 initial cases)

“It’s the highest quality study we have so far on the question of infectiousness of vaccinated people infected with delta,” said Dr. Aaron Richterman, an infectious disease physician at the University of Pennsylvania, who was not involved in the research.

Susan Butler-Wu, a clinical microbiologist at the University of Southern California, called the study “well performed,” especially because it reflects real-world transmission since it tracked spread among close contacts.

Using cycle threshold (Ct) values, the researchers found a similar level of viral load in unvaccinated and vaccinated people who were infected with the delta variant, backing up prior studies. Even so, people who were fully vaccinated were still less likely to infect others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Students aren't represented by unions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on 408 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis, the overall crude reporting rate is 19.9 per million doses of mRNA vaccines administered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reactions after 7 days aren't counted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    408 cases

Thread Information