Page 16 of 176 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    storage issues could put a s ch in administering the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines;

Executives from Moderna and Pfizer on Wednesday separately told the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice on Wednesday that mRNA-1273, which is Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine candidate, requires a storage temperature of negative 4 degrees Fahrenheit. BioNTech and Pfizer’s candidates, BN1162b2 and BNT162b2, need to be stored in negative 94 degrees Fahrenheit.

“These storage conditions would make traditional office or pharmacy administration very difficult,” SVB Leerink analysts wrote in a note to investors on Thursday. “These conditions could be met at tertiary hospitals and laboratories and could be accommodated in intensive one-day vaccination events at such sites, but this would still only cover a fraction of the healthy population.”
    Dr. Kathleen Dooling, a medical officer for the agency’s division of viral diseases, said Wednesday that storage, distribution, and handling requirements of these vaccines “will make it very difficult for community clinics and local pharmacies to store and administer.” She also noted that most vaccines will have to be “administered at centralized sites with adequate equipment and high throughput.”

Pfizer will need to use ultralow temperature freezers and thermal shipper storage for its COVID-19 vaccine candidates, according to comments made by Dr. Nicholas Kitchin, senior director of Pfizer’s vaccine clinical research and development group.
    https://www.marke ch.com/story/mo...ion-2020-08-27

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another risky, ty decision

U.S. says it won’t join WHO-linked effort to develop, distribute coronavirus vaccine

The Covax decision, which has not been previously reported, is effectively a doubling down by the administration on its bet that the United States will win the vaccine race. It eliminates the chance to secure doses from a pool of promising vaccine candidates — a potentially risky strategy.

“America is taking a huge gamble by taking a go-it-alone strategy,” said Lawrence Gostin, a professor of global health law at Georgetown University.

Kendall Hoyt, an assistant professor at Dartmouth’s Geisel School of Medicine, said it was akin to opting out of an insurance policy.

The United States could be pursuing bilateral deals with drug companies and simultaneously participating in Covax, she said, increasing its odds of getting some doses of the first safe vaccine. “Just from a simple risk management perspective, this [Covax decision] is shortsighted, she said.

The U.S. move will also shape what happens elsewhere. The idea behind Covax is to discourage hoarding and focus on vaccinating high-risk people in every country first, a strategy that could lead to better health outcomes and lower costs, experts said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8a5_story.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you want a vaccine for something that has a 99.96% survival rate? Assuming the numbers are even correct.

AND why would the U.S. want to take medical guidance from an international bureaucracy? How can we know that they represent our best interests? Most in here don't even trust our own president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines are desirable because the conditions of COVID-19 morbidity are perfectly serious too. Lung damage, heart damage, kidney damage, strokes, other lingering respiratory, neurological and psychological issues, etc..

Heart damage has been detected in up to 50% of patients withonly mild symptoms or none at all.

Vaccines are also desirable because they're the safest path to herd immunity. If we tried to get there without non-medical countermeasures, theraputics and vaccines, about 2 million Americans could die in one year, according to some of the models.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you want a vaccine for something that has a 99.96% survival rate? Assuming the numbers are even correct.

AND why would the U.S. want to take medical guidance from an international bureaucracy? How can we know that they represent our best interests? Most in here don't even trust our own president.
    USA's CFR is about 3%, not your .04%

your rightwingnutjobs never get your straight, live in a bubble of ignorant fantasy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stem Cell Trial Tests Treatment For Often-Fatal COVID-19 Lung Damage

https://scienceblog.com/518240/stem-cell-trial-tests-treatment-for-often-fatal-covid-19-lung-damage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your rightwingnutjobs never get your straight, live in a bubble of ignorant fantasy
    Boutons, dont waste your time trying to educate someone that cant even spell G.E.D.

He is an obvious future Darwin Award winner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons, dont waste your time trying to educate someone that cant even spell G.E.D.

He is an obvious future Darwin Award winner.
    So how will you decide on getting vaccinated? How will you decide on efficacy and safety?
    Will you study up on it yourself? Trust big pharma? Wait for the Democrats’ vaccine?

I am all ears as to what your knowledge on the subject is. Don’t give me links. Tell me in your words what you understand about epidemiology, virology, genetics, immunology, respiratory diseases, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

CFR >> IFR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how will you decide on getting vaccinated? How will you decide on efficacy and safety?
    Will you study up on it yourself? Trust big pharma? Wait for the Democrats’ vaccine?

I am all ears as to what your knowledge on the subject is. Don’t give me links. Tell me in your words what you understand about epidemiology, virology, genetics, immunology, respiratory diseases, etc..
    You dont believe Boutons so I do not expect you to believe me either. Further, throwing out this international bureaucracy obscure reference and believing trump has me concerned with your mental health.

But to make it easy for others, speak with your general prac ioner, go over your medical history, and do as they recommend. If you get vaccine, one month after first vaccine shot, you will get second vaccine booster. Do not over think it. Just like getting vaccine for MMR, tetanus, Pneumonia, Shingles, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont believe Boutons so I do not expect you to believe me either. Further, throwing out this international bureaucracy obscure reference and believing trump has me concerned with your mental health.

But to make it easy for others, speak with your general prac ioner, go over your medical history, and do as they recommend. If you get vaccine, one month after first vaccine shot, you will get second vaccine booster. Do not over think it. Just like getting vaccine for MMR, tetanus, Pneumonia, Shingles, etc.
    i appreciate the civil response. I agree on consulting your physician. The WHO and the CDC are not my personal physicians, so yes I am not sure how much I trust those two ins utions...

We may disagree on some points, but I respect yours.

as for trump, I am not a supporter.

as for a vaccine, i would not rush to take a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested. A vaccine depends on identifying a specific and consistent antigen of the virus that the immune system can recognize and create antibodies for... so, correct me if I am wrong, but there are reports of people getting it twice and that the virus mutates from cell to cell (but how much and at what rate)? These are two critical factors. What are your thoughts on the surface antigens of Covid 19? Like the flu vaccine it is a crap shoot (40% chance) the vaccine is what you will be exposed to. If our immune system may not be successful and the virus is continually changing, what would you suggest is the answer?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i appreciate the civil response. I agree on consulting your physician. The WHO and the CDC are not my personal physicians, so yes I am not sure how much I trust those two ins utions...

We may disagree on some points, but I respect yours.

as for trump, I am not a supporter.

as for a vaccine, i would not rush to take a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested. A vaccine depends on identifying a specific and consistent antigen of the virus that the immune system can recognize and create antibodies for... so, correct me if I am wrong, but there are reports of people getting it twice and that the virus mutates from cell to cell (but how much and at what rate)? These are two critical factors. What are your thoughts on the surface antigens of Covid 19? Like the flu vaccine it is a crap shoot (40% chance) the vaccine is what you will be exposed to. If our immune system may not be successful and the virus is continually changing, what would you suggest is the answer?
    This vaccine has a much better chance of being effective compared to the flu vaccine. And the flu vaccine, even if not stopping the flu, usually greatly reduces the symptoms. People just dont understand vaccines. Not only that, getting a flu vaccine also means you have a greater probability of NOT GIVING THE FLU to someone ELSE.

I have never had the flu, even before the vaccine. I still get vaccinated because I WORK around other people in close proxomity that do not need to get the bad symptoms (that I DONT get) and then give the flu to their parents or kids. This is real herd immunity, because we have a vaccine. You rely on people like me not to give it to you basically.
    I thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half of the population already immune to Chinese lung AIDS.

Give the vaccine to the vulnerable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Give the vaccine to the vulnerable.
    Why not to everyone so they don't get sick?

Vaccines are the royal road to herd immunity. Mitigates harm as well as morbidity.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you lie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preventing death is the soda straw view. So many other bad things can happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not to everyone so they don't get sick?

Vaccines are the royal road to herd immunity. Mitigates harm as well as morbidity.

There is actually a protocol for who gets a vaccine first. Look that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice to have a working vaccine fully tested.
    We dont yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preventing death is the soda straw view. So many other bad things can happen.

Muh soda straw analogy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know why there is a list?
    Hint... There is no rush for a flu vaccine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice to have a working vaccine fully tested.
    We dont yet.
    Well, yeah, that's pretty important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know why there is a list?
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at first , of course.

Do you assume we'll never have enough for everyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why did you respond to Winehole the way did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly wish one of the symptoms of this disease was mild facial disfiguration and everyone got this symptom.
    Then it might be taken seriously.

Thread Information