Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doctors Use Existing Treatment Earlier To Save The Lives Of Covid-19 Patients

“We show that Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) in the first days of hospitalisation

seems to save between 10% to 20% of patients.

However it is important to underline that this was a pilot study with a small sample size, although comforting evidence is starting to emerge elsewhere.”

Using CPAP treatment, which is often used at home to help people with sleep problems, helps to keep the lungs open and makes breathing easier.

“When you use CPAP early in the admission it stops the patient getting worse,

therefore avoiding invasive ventilation techniques.

As CPAP is readily available and can be used in a ward setting,

we have demonstrated that, when used early,

it can be very effective way of treating severe COVID-19 pneumonia.

https://scienceblog.com/519714/docto...d-19-patients/

$200 - $400 for CPAP machine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, open the schools.

More than two dozen Covid-19 cases were traced to youth basketball at a California gym, health officials say.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/us/ca...rus/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I have trouble trusting drug companies. Will be interesting to hear their response to how they screwed this up.
    Sounds like they might have to do another trial.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...trial-ceo-says

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid Profits of Pharmaceutical Monopolies vs Peoples’ Lives

there’s been pretty much no coverage in the Western business press of the Médicines Sans Frontières proposal before the WTO,

supported by 99 member states, to waive intellectual property protections for Covid-19 related medications, tests, and equipment.

“Monopolies are often an obstacle between people and the lifesaving health tools they need.

[Intellectual property like]patents and other exclusivities limit supply and keep prices high.

In this unprecedented global emergency, governments have taken an incredibly strong stance at the World Trade Organization (WTO),

proposing to allow countries to temporarily waive the obligations of enforcing patents, trade secrets, and other types of intellectual property (IP) during the COVID 19 pandemic so that everyone everywhere has access to lifesaving treatments, vaccines, tests and medical tools needed to beat back this pandemic.”

99 of the WTO’s 164 Member States currently back the proposal guess? only the poor countries

IP obstacles impact access to essential medical products that go way beyond patents on vaccines and pose a barrier to COVID-19 technologies in both developed and developing countries.

in the Netherlands, there was a shortage of testing materials because

often the diagnostic infrastructure, the testing or the diagnostic, is dependent on proprietary materials.

And in the case of Netherlands early on they were unable to ramp up the testing because Roche was unable to supply the relevant materials.

the business as usual approaches of pharma companies is hindering access.

in Italy, early on in the pandemic, an Italian hospital ran out of ventilator valves. And their regular supplier was unable to provide those valves. So two local engineers reverse engineered and 3D printed the valves.

So the original price of the original valves was 11,000 Euros but the 3D printed valves were as low as $1. And they supplied the Italian hospitals.

the local engineers were unable to scale up to do more 3D printing because of potential legal issues arising from intellectual property rights.

the Governor of Kentucky urged 3M, the holder of the pattern for masks/ N95 masks to release its patent because 3M was unable to provide sufficient supplies.

that has not happened. So there is a shortage there as well of N95 masks.

A major issue is a lot of the R&D [Research and Development] right now is being driven by public investment and there are no strings attached to this this investment.

So pharmaceutical companies are accepting large amounts of sums from taxpayers and

they don’t not have any commitments to share the technology, know how and related intellectual property.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...les-lives.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid Profits of Pharmaceutical Monopolies vs Peoples’ Lives

there’s been pretty much no coverage in the Western business press of the Médicines Sans Frontières proposal before the WTO,

supported by 99 member states, to waive intellectual property protections for Covid-19 related medications, tests, and equipment.

“Monopolies are often an obstacle between people and the lifesaving health tools they need.

[Intellectual property like]patents and other exclusivities limit supply and keep prices high.

In this unprecedented global emergency, governments have taken an incredibly strong stance at the World Trade Organization (WTO),

proposing to allow countries to temporarily waive the obligations of enforcing patents, trade secrets, and other types of intellectual property (IP) during the COVID 19 pandemic so that everyone everywhere has access to lifesaving treatments, vaccines, tests and medical tools needed to beat back this pandemic.”

99 of the WTO’s 164 Member States currently back the proposal guess? only the poor countries

IP obstacles impact access to essential medical products that go way beyond patents on vaccines and pose a barrier to COVID-19 technologies in both developed and developing countries.

in the Netherlands, there was a shortage of testing materials because

often the diagnostic infrastructure, the testing or the diagnostic, is dependent on proprietary materials.

And in the case of Netherlands early on they were unable to ramp up the testing because Roche was unable to supply the relevant materials.

the business as usual approaches of pharma companies is hindering access.

in Italy, early on in the pandemic, an Italian hospital ran out of ventilator valves. And their regular supplier was unable to provide those valves. So two local engineers reverse engineered and 3D printed the valves.

So the original price of the original valves was 11,000 Euros but the 3D printed valves were as low as $1. And they supplied the Italian hospitals.

the local engineers were unable to scale up to do more 3D printing because of potential legal issues arising from intellectual property rights.

the Governor of Kentucky urged 3M, the holder of the pattern for masks/ N95 masks to release its patent because 3M was unable to provide sufficient supplies.

that has not happened. So there is a shortage there as well of N95 masks.

A major issue is a lot of the R&D [Research and Development] right now is being driven by public investment and there are no strings attached to this this investment.

So pharmaceutical companies are accepting large amounts of sums from taxpayers and

they don’t not have any commitments to share the technology, know how and related intellectual property.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...les-lives.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, open the schools.

More than two dozen Covid-19 cases were traced to youth basketball at a California gym, health officials say.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/us/ca...rus/index.html
    0 deaths. Cases don't mean anything they do not exclusively test for live virus. They are testing for SARS-CoV-2 not the covid disease.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigPharma's C-suites and investors must be drooling over the $10Bs they will pocket from the pandemic.

Already, before they announce progress (aka insider information), C-suite buys stock, they announce progress, stocks rise, huge gains, money for nothing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 deaths. Cases don't mean anything they do not exclusively test for live virus. They are testing for SARS-CoV-2 not the covid disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice not 1 argument

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice not 1 argument
    I noticed you don't have an argument.

You're yelling at clouds.

"Traveling"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed you don't have an argument.

You're yelling at clouds.

"Traveling"
    Originally Posted by tholdren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, you're saying nothing.

We get it.

"traveling"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't argue this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^not science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not saying anything.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is science

Cases aren't infections.
    You think they are
    Deaths reported aren't daily deaths
    You think they are
    Hospitalizations aren't people coming to the hospital because they have covid
    You think they are
    Covid deaths aren't people who only had covid.
    You think they are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^gossip and anti-science

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is science

Cases aren't infections.
    You think they are
    You think they are
    You think they are
    You think they are
    TimDunkem been had. Can't argue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Important to point out it's not medicine and not sold as such.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Important to point out it's not medicine and not sold as such.
    It is science

Cases aren't infections.
    You think they are
    You think they are
    You think they are
    You think they are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

Thread Information