Page 38 of 176 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Healthcare workers and others recommended for the first COVID-19 inoculations could start getting shots within 24 hours after the vaccine receives regulatory authorization, the chief adviser for the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed program said on Tuesday.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN28B5DH

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study finds metformin reduced COVID-19 death risks in women

Conducted by the University of Minnesota Medical School and UnitedHealth Group, it is one of the world's largest observational studies of COVID-19 patients

significantly reduced COVID-19 death risks in women

reduces inflammation proteins like TNF-alpha that appear to make COVID-19 worse.

women with diabetes or obesity,

who were hospitalized for COVID-19 disease and

who had filled a 90-day metformin prescription before hospitalization,

had a 21% to 24% reduced likelihood of mortality compared to similar women not taking the medication.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-sfm120320.php

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it all to 65 plus. Only people who need it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pfizer has cut it its production target in half:

Pfizer has said in recent weeks that it anticipates producing 50 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine this year. That is down from an earlier target of 100 million doses. Pfizer’s vaccine relies on a two dose regimen, meaning 50 million doses is enough to inoculate 25 million people.

A company spokeswoman said the “scale-up of the raw material supply chain took longer than expected.” She also cited later-than-expected results from Pfizer’s clinical trial as a reason for the smaller number of doses expected to be produced by the end of 2020.
    https://in.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idUSKBN28D3B9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truthers and you firsters will slow down herd immunity.

21% of U.S. adults do not intend to get vaccinated and are “pretty certain” more information will not change their mind.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...ess-increases/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The toll of the pandemic is starkly illustrated by the 54% of Americans who say they know someone personally who has been hospitalized or died due to the coronavirus. Among Black Americans, 71% know someone who has been hospitalized or died because of COVID-19.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    yet DMC thought this would be an easy process without much logistics to consider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet DMC thought this would be an easy process without much logistics to consider
    Fortunately, Pfizer has got some compe ion. The Moderna vaccine, for example, does not require special refrigeration.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truthers and you firsters will slow down herd immunity.

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...ess-increases/
    60 pct of adults, don't need it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rapid Antigen Tests Are Effective, Cheap, and Could Quash the Pandemic Within Weeks (In Theory)

the rapid antigen test, which functionally measures infectiousness — rather than infection — and which is

extremely cheap and easy to use.

Mina
    argued that large-scale deployment could stop the spread of COVID-19 by Christmas — many months before even the most optimistic timeline of vaccine rollout could be completed.

we really are not using many rapid antigen tests at all.

Slovakia has had exceptional results. They rolled out exactly the kind of testing program I’ve been pushing, though not at-home testing. They asked half of their country to get tested over a weekend and then did that three weekends in a row. Within a few weeks, they saw incidents drop by like 50 percent.

They had an increasing epidemic. It was exponentially increasing. And they just squashed it. Which makes sense. They found a lot of positives all at once and they stopped all of those positives from transmitting to others.

Every college in New England that’s doing frequent testing. You know, it doesn’t matter if it was PCR or antigen testing — it’s the frequency that really matters. What we’ve seen is that

where there is frequent testing, outbreaks just aren’t happening.

That’s 1.5 million being produced right now. You’d like to see 10 or 20 million per day, I think, right?

I think we could be seeing many, many more of them available

if there was actually some agency in the government behind it,

but that’s kind of where things are at.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...hin-weeks.html

Trash's ED UP GOVT s up, mortally, over and over and over, in every which way.

74M voted for UP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because BigFinance people are superior humans

Bankers ask Trump administration to prioritize financial industry employees for vaccine

https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/flu...priority-list/

If BigFinance gets priority, I expect the bankers will subvert vaccines for themselves that they justified/requested for retail staff.

Who expects the "essential" / Exec Order-ed meat packing floor workers, 100Ks infected, many dead, to get any priority?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because BigFinance people are superior humans

Bankers ask Trump administration to prioritize financial industry employees for vaccine

https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/flu...priority-list/

If BigFinance gets priority, I expect the bankers will subvert vaccines for themselves that they justified/requested for retail staff.

Who expects the "essential" / Exec Order-ed meat packing floor workers, 100Ks infected, many dead, to get any priority?
    Overhyped, bank tellers and others coming directly in contact with the public are stipulated. Totally reasonable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overhyped, bank tellers and others coming directly in contact with the public are stipulated. Totally reasonable.
    yes reasonable plausible but no doubt the top management of big finance will get some of those vaccines for themselves even if that means some of their retail staff don't get it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes reasonable plausible but no doubt the top management of big finance will get some of those vaccines for themselves even if that means some of their retail staff don't get it
    The CDC’s do ent on testing guidance now includes the following information:

If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms and have not been in close contact with someone known to have a COVID-19 infection: You do not need a test

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game changer if ferrets are indicative for humans.

Therapeutically administered ribonucleoside analogue MK-4482/EIDD-2801 blocks SARS-CoV-2 transmission in ferrets.
    We demonstrate high SARS-CoV-2 burden in nasal tissues and secretions, which coincided with efficient transmission through direct contact. Therapeutic treatment of infected animals with MK-4482/EIDD-2801 twice a day significantly reduced the SARS-CoV-2 load in the upper respiratory tract and completely suppressed spread to untreated contact animals. This study identified oral MK-4482/EIDD-2801 as a promising antiviral countermeasure to break SARS-CoV-2 community transmission chains
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00835-2

If this ferret-based data is translated into humans, Covid-19 patients treated with [Monulparivir] could become non-infectious within 24 hours of starting treatment. The drug can be taken orally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least 27 states won't get enough vaccines to vaccinate the first recipients. Womp womp womp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I work with finance nigas so Ill be first in line to get a poke?

No thanks. I can continue meeting w my big banks clients via zoom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game changer if ferrets are indicative for humans.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00835-2
    back on topic...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out what Robert Kennedy Jr. says at the 1:23:45 time mark.

Lockdowns, masks & vaccines | Ben Swann's Covid podcast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYVS5YZE_2k

If most people in the lower age groups don't get sick at all or only get mildly sick, it's better to catch covid and get natural immunity than to get the vaccine which might have side effects.
    Are you familiar with the studies that show permanent organ damage for people with mild symptoms? The incidence isn't trivial. COVID-19 is a vascular disease too.

Thread Information