Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And do you really need more links to find out that people have gotten covid twice? It's really not hard to find
    This one doctor had this one patient and now herd immunity might be unattainable!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an inaccurate le. If you’d read the article you’d know that.
    completely ting on your own article.

Smh it's why I don't read any of your text walls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one doctor had this one patient and now herd immunity might be unattainable!
    Do you really believe it's just one?

Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake rarely has anything to add other than a quip, but he feels compelled to respond anyhow.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this thread turned partisan in itself in that people want to dis each others findings based on what they wish November to look like?
    Cause its gonna look bad regardless imo.

When Biden takes over we might see a reversal of the hopes and dreams posts.

Hope the thread stays alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake rarely has anything to add other than a quip, but he feels compelled to respond anyhow.
    Tsa is talking about the thread I added to the forum.

But your off topic compelling quip is noted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this thread turned partisan in itself in that people want to dis each others findings based on what they wish November to look like?
    Cause its gonna look bad regardless imo.

When Biden takes over we might see a reversal of the hopes and dreams posts.

Hope the thread stays alive.

Seems like this virus is just going to what it does, regardless of policy. Enough people have to be infected before it starts to fade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like this virus is just going to what it does, regardless of policy. Enough people have to be infected before it starts to fade.
    Oh we can make the virus have a policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As coronavirus cases surge in the United States, the White House is taking aim at the nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci.

In a statement Saturday, a White House official told CNN that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things." The official went on to provide a lengthy list of examples, citing Fauci's comments early in the pandemic and linking to past interviews.
    These bullet points, which resembled opposition research on a political opponent, included Fauci downplaying the virus early on and a quote from March when Fauci said, "People should not be walking around with masks," among other comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As coronavirus cases surge in the United States, the White House is taking aim at the nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci.

In a statement Saturday, a White House official told CNN that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things." The official went on to provide a lengthy list of examples, citing Fauci's comments early in the pandemic and linking to past interviews.
    These bullet points, which resembled opposition research on a political opponent, included Fauci downplaying the virus early on and a quote from March when Fauci said, "People should not be walking around with masks," among other comments.
    Walking around where without a mask?

You little yellow fiend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Dr darrin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So Fauci was wrong in March about wearing a mask and it wasn't until July that Trump put one on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Touches on one of the studies mentioned above and an interesting read.

The original article was published in the Swiss magazine Weltwoche (World Week) on June 10th. The author, Beda M Stadler is the former director of the Ins ute for Immunology at the University of Bern, a biologist and professor emeritus. Stadler is an important medical professional in Switzerland, he also likes to use provoking language, which should not deter you from the extremely important points he makes.

https://medium.com/@vernunftundricht...g-fce6db5ba809
    Good article. And this is the primary reason I'm against a "purposeful" herd immunity strategy in this country.

But also people with a bad diet or who are malnourished may have a weakened immune system, which is why this virus does not only reveal the medical problems of a country, but also social issues.
    But we can purposely lower the R0 through mitigation efforts which lowers the herd immunity threshold. If I were in charge (and I'm not expert, just using common sense), I would close all bars, indoor dining, movie theaters, churches, and anything else that can host a large indoor crowd. The previous lockdown required ALL non-essential businesses be shuttered. From what we know now, beaches, parks, and your average mainstreet businesses like Slugger's Sporting Goods and Joe's Bait and Tackle are rather safe. So we can mitigate some economic damage in that regard. And for Christ's sake, mask orders need to be enforced along with better education on masks. They aren't a replacement for social distancing. For some people, they give a false sense of security.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colchicine, oral anti inflammatory used to treat gout
    https://www.health24.com/Medical/Inf...-19-20200706-5

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article. And this is the primary reason I'm against a "purposeful" herd immunity strategy in this country.

But we can purposely lower the R0 through mitigation efforts which lowers the herd immunity threshold. If I were in charge (and I'm not expert, just using common sense), I would close all bars, indoor dining, movie theaters, churches, and anything else that can host a large indoor crowd. The previous lockdown required ALL non-essential businesses be shuttered. From what we know now, beaches, parks, and your average mainstreet businesses like Slugger's Sporting Goods and Joe's Bait and Tackle are rather safe. So we can mitigate some economic damage in that regard. And for Christ's sake, mask orders need to be enforced along with better education on masks. They aren't a replacement for social distancing. For some people, they give a false sense of security.
    Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A plasma shot could prevent coronavirus. But feds and makers won’t act, scientists say

Federal officials have twice rejected requests to discuss the proposal, and pharmaceutical companies — even acknowledging the likely efficacy of the plan

have declined to design or manufacture the shots, according to a Times investigation.

The lack of interest in launching development of immunity shots comes amid heightened scrutiny of the federal government’s sluggish pandemic response.

Federal health officials and industry groups say

the development of plasma-based therapies should focus on treating people who are already sick,

not on preventing infections in those who are still healthy.

"Beyond being a lost opportunity, this is a real head-scratcher,” said Dr. Michael Joyner, a Mayo Clinic researcher

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...rs-fail-to-act

The Greatest Country in The Universe cannot both develop treatments and vaccines at the same time?

W T F Something else is going on

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    completely ting on your own article.

Smh it's why I don't read any of your text walls
    If you'd actually read the article you'd know the le is inaccurate. Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic has not been neatly debunked as you claimed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If anything has been exposed by the pandemic, it's that Americans are exceptionally unhealthy. Why isn't the conversation about what we can do to tackle sugar addiction, or making healthy eating affordable, or encouraging more exercise? The problem isn't movie theatres as much as it is McDonalds.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the antibodies last more than 2-3 months or it could just be an oscillatory cycle of rise and fall, rise and fall, rise and fall, etc. I remember seeing a model with tweakable parameters, I think on fivethirtyeight, and if you put a 90 day immunity period after infection it was just rise and fall, rise and fall for ten years out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything has been exposed by the pandemic, it's that Americans are exceptionally unhealthy. Why isn't the conversation about what we can do to tackle sugar addiction, or making healthy eating affordable, or encouraging more exercise? The problem isn't movie theatres as much as it is McDonalds.
    BigFood/BigAg spend $Bs tricking Americans into over-eating their pathogenic food-like substances,

which leads to disease, which drains citizens' wealth into the for-profit health care.

And of course, BigAg is a huge polluter, external costs they never pay for.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-13-2020 at 10:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigFood/BigAg spend $Bs tricking Americans into over-eating their food-like substance,

which leads to disease, which drains citizens' wealth into the for-profit health care.

And of course, BigAg is a huge polluter, external costs they never pay for.
    Drop the victim complex. People aren't being tricked into thinking McDonald's is healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop the victim complex. People aren't being tricked into thinking McDonald's is healthy.
    the is everywhere, so the influence is that "it can't bad", not sold as healthy, but sold at least it's harmless, everybody's eating the .

BigFood engineers everything, taste tests with groups, adds chemicals until people like

and plenty of studies have shown that BigFood engineers their to be addictive.

Then they saturate-market the out it, with carefully engineered, test messaging, to associated with fun, sexiness, active, healthy life-style.

In the information war between BigFood and consumer, the war is asymmetric.

BigFood gets your money, you get fat and sick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canadian Biotech Firm Sees Major Upside in COVID-19 Study

Management noted that it is working closely with regulatory agencies and its collaborators to initiate clinical studies as quickly as possible.

So far, Health Canada has agreed with the design of the Phase 1 trial.

Some quick background:

The vaccine is a DPX-based formulation of multiple peptides of the SARS-CoV-2 that generated early and strong immune responses in preclinical assays in animal models.

A first-in-human Phase 1 clinical study is scheduled to initiate soon.

The vaccine candidate is designed to focus the immune response on the weaknesses of the virus with the goal to optimize safety and efficacy.

So far, the rapid progress in target selection, the vaccine formulation, manufacturing and preclinical results not only demonstrate the potential of the delivery platform

but also build on its previously reported clinical data from a similarly designed vaccine against the respiratory syncytial virus.

Clinical results have shown its DPX-based vaccine against respiratory syncytial virus demonstrated a unique ability to generate safe and long-lasting immune responses in older adults.

https://247wallst.com/healthcare-business/2020/07/14/canadian-biotech-firm-sees-major-upside-in-covid-19-study/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you'd actually read the article you'd know the le is inaccurate. Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic has not been neatly debunked as you claimed.
    Yes it has. You and Trump lost that one a long time ago. At least Trump knew when to raise the white flag instead of die on hydroxychloroquine hill

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yes it has. You and Trump lost that one a long time ago. At least Trump knew when to raise the white flag instead of die on hydroxychloroquine hill
    trials on hydroxychloroquine as a prophylaxis are still being run you ing dummy Nothing has been neatly debunked.

There is one exception. Many researchers agree that a good case can be made for continuing to test whether hydroxychloroquine can prevent infection if given to people just in case they get exposed to the virus, for instance on the job at a hospital—a strategy called pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). “You have a much better chance of preventing something with a weak drug than you have of curing a fully established infection,” says White, who runs one of the largest PrEP trials. He notes that doxycycline, an antibiotic, has long been used in malaria prophylaxis. “We would never treat anybody with it, it’s too weak. But it’s a very good prophylactic.”

Landray, however, is on the fence about continuing prophylaxis trials: “I suspect it’s one of these decisions where there isn’t a right or wrong.” It’s an important question, Bhadelia says, because an effective PrEP drug could have a major impact on the pandemic. Hydroxychloroquine, a cheap and widely available drug, is one of the few compounds that could fit the bill.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...event-covid-19

Thread Information