Page 51 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4376
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it’s simple math. It can certainly backfire or not, we’ll see in the next few months.
    Thinking it's simple math and extrapolating how long it will take to vaccinate the population is what makes it a stupid narrative. Right now they are being very selective in who gets the vaccine. That means identifying the people and then scheduling a time for the vaccination. Once enough doses are available for widespread vaccinations to start the pace will pick up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine has 3 key advantages despite lower efficacy rating

It also comes with a few key logistical advantages that could be a game-changer.

It's
    cheap to produce, and

unlike the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
    doesn't require ultra-cold temperatures for storage, which will make vaccine distribution easier, especially to rural communities.

Finally, the gap between the first and second dose of the vaccine can be
    as long as 12 weeks,

which means more people in the U.K. can receive an initial dose at an earlier stage, giving them some form of protection before the second.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/95785...-efficacy-rate

It's 100% effective in preventing severe illness and hospitalization. Hopefully crooked Fauci and company don't delay it's approval here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monoclonal antibody treatments sitting on shelves unused

Damn shame

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...used-hospitals

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn shame

CVS shelves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn shame

Yeah my wife has been sending people. Takes up a lot of her time talking to the patients about what the treatment is and undoing what they have been told by er & urgent care docs who are sending them home with ivermectin, steriods, and a grab bag of other instead of sending them for antibody infusion. She's pretty pissed about it because these people are losing days after diagnosis which lowers the efficacy of the antibodies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that concerns me is they don't know for sure how long the vaccine lasts. So that one might have to get another vaccine in a year.
    But are there any side effects related to getting two different types of vaccines? So the first year, it might be the Pfizer vaccine but the next year, the Moderna. Or Astra Zeneca or whatever.
    They couldn't possibly have figured out by now if there are any associated issues in that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah my wife has been sending people. Takes up a lot of her time talking to the patients about what the treatment is and undoing what they have been told by er & urgent care docs who are sending them home with ivermectin, steriods, and a grab bag of other instead of sending them for antibody infusion. She's pretty pissed about it because these people are losing days after diagnosis which lowers the efficacy of the antibodies.
    Good to hear that she is getting her patients the treatment.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woke 70 year olds.

Distribution is up to the states.

Florida fail after Trump fail.
    The only demo that needs the vax is 65 plus. The end. Worst states in us are lockdown and mask mandated, just like countries. Its a virus. Its seasonal. It is only a real danger to those already old and severely ill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only demo that needs the vax is 65 plus. The end.
    Where did you get your MPH?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that concerns me is they don't know for sure how long the vaccine lasts. So that one might have to get another vaccine in a year.
    But are there any side effects related to getting two different types of vaccines? So the first year, it might be the Pfizer vaccine but the next year, the Moderna. Or Astra Zeneca or whatever.
    They couldn't possibly have figured out by now if there are any associated issues in that situation.
    The guys on TWiV think it's a pretty good guess that the mRNA vaccines will need a boost every 3 years. They're making an educated guess but still a guess. They seem to think the viral vector vaccines like Astrazeneca's will not provide protection for quite as long as the mRNA ones.

I don't understand what the concern is with possibly needing a booster shot somewhere down the road is or why people would not get vaccinated because they might need a booster shot someday.

Pretty simple way of looking at it is you are going to get infected repeatedly for the rest of your life or you can get vaccinated repeatedly for the rest of your life so you can choose the vaccine or the virus.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you get your MPH?
    Credentialism? Lol. Mph takes how many stats classes? How many of health department employees have mph? Not even all states have health department directors with an mph.

Not that it even matters.

Dumb argument considering epidemiologists disagree on severity of disease. You are truly low.level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Credentialism? Lol. Mph takes how many stats classes? How many of health department employees have mph? Not even all states have health department directors with an mph.

Dumb argument considering epidemiologists disagree on severity of disease. You are truly low.level
    Where did you get your MD?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to hear that she is getting her patients the treatment.
    She had one last week diagnosed on Sunday who was an entire checklist of high risk factors over 65, black, diabetic, hypertension, etc. When she talked to her on Monday the person didn't want the treatment because covid is a hoax. She called her on Wednesday and the person was feeling worse but still not willing to get the treatment. So she told told them if you change your mind by 4pm let me know but after that I'm off until Monday and by then you won't qualify for treatment anymore. Lady called back like 15 minutes later, okay I'll go get it lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lolooooooooooloooloolo

Credentialism > logic.

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Chumpdump low level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guys on TWiV think it's a pretty good guess that the mRNA vaccines will need a boost every 3 years. They're making an educated guess but still a guess. They seem to think the viral vector vaccines like Astrazeneca's will not provide protection for quite as long as the mRNA ones.

I don't understand what the concern is with possibly needing a booster shot somewhere down the road is or why people would not get vaccinated because they might need a booster shot someday.

Pretty simple way of looking at it is you are going to get infected repeatedly for the rest of your life or you can get vaccinated repeatedly for the rest of your life so you can choose the vaccine or the virus.
    My concern was regarding side effects of getting one type of vaccine (mRNA) and then going back the next year and getting a different type from a different manufacturer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern was regarding side effects of getting one type of vaccine (mRNA) and then going back the next year and getting a different type from a different manufacturer.
    Why wouldn't your concern be that an mrna vax, this one, is not proven to prevent the spread of covid or get covid?

Pretty dumb to take if you're under 60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't your concern be that an mrna vax, this one, is not proven to prevent the spread of covid or get covid?

Pretty dumb to take if you're under 60.
    I also didn't list my concern with the Zeke contract.
    Or the irregular mole on my calf.
    Or that I'm having trouble finding a comfortable shoe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't make a difference on the mRNA's because it will be the same vaccine. Pfizer & Moderna are using the same mRNA, only difference is their lipid carrier. The viral vector vaccines they will have to change the vector every year because you will have antibodies to the vector which will make the vaccine ineffective. So for example, astrazenca uses a chimpazee adenovirus to carry the coronavirus e so next time around they have to use a different adenovirus (or something) because you will be immune to the chimpanzee virus.

Mixing/matching vaccines over time won't really make a difference because they all are targeting immunity to only the e protein. So they're doing the same thing just in a different manner. That's just for these first vaccines. When/if the live attenuated virus vaccines come out it may matter but personally I wouldn't get an attenuated vaccine until there's a bunch more data. I think the sinovac vaccine is a killed whole virus, I'd be hesitant about that one too.

I think the mRNA vaccines are going to rule the day eventually, at least for covid. They are so easy to change if the coronavirus e changes. All they have to do is change the mRNA but the platform doesn't change so it won't need as much testing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also didn't list my concern with the Zeke contract.
    Or the irregular mole on my calf.
    Or that I'm having trouble finding a comfortable shoe.
    The mole is probably nothing. Best to just let it grow instead of getting it checked out. You should be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mole is probably nothing. Best to just let it grow instead of getting it checked out. You should be fine.
    Thanks. That's what I've been doing. What about the Zeke contract?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what that is. Probably fine though, wait and see approach also recommended.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less concerning than a mrna vax that hasn't proven to do a thing and been given mainly to the most not at risk age groups after 20 less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less concerning than a mrna vax that hasn't proven to do a thing and been given mainly to the most not at risk age groups after 20 less
    Well...as of now, I'm not scheduled to get a vax. So the Zeke contract is pretty concerning to me. He's likely peaked already and they haven't even started paying him on his new deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...as of now, I'm not scheduled to get a vax. So the Zeke contract is pretty concerning to me. He's likely peaked already and they haven't even started paying him on his new deal.
    Good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that good? They shouldn't have rewarded him 2 years in advance. Now they're stuck with him.

Thread Information