Page 6 of 176 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump

That's it. All they care about is paying some sort of fealty to him in a fashion. You probably already know it, but the hardcore segment of his base basically worships him. Not even hyperbole. It's literal worship.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-is-the-gospel
    It's so ing stupid. It's like debating the merits of Tylenol vs. Advil. And I remember that vanity fair article. It's ing horrifying people like that exist, much less have a say in who runs the government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people stanning hydroxychloroquine? If it's efficacious in some cir stances, great. But choosing that hill to die on when there are other more promising treatments is beyond me.
    The only reason is to win the internets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Trump jumped on hydroxychloroquine without probably knowing anything about it. But just because King Doofus endorses it, it doesn't mean it can't be effective.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/phy...irus-medicine/
    There's nothing concrete that says it is effective but it definitely has been shown to have fatal side effects. Why waste any more time on it? Trump even dumped it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing concrete that says it is effective but it definitely has been shown to have fatal side effects. Why waste any more time on it? Trump even dumped it.
    Because there is some empirical evidence that it is effective in some cases. Trying to understand why it works in some and not others should be a focus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because there is some empirical evidence that it is effective in some cases. Trying to understand why it works in some and not others should be a focus.
    Oh hey I wonder why the rest of the world hasn't thought of that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason is to win the internets.
    I don't get it. Maybe because I'm a nerd at heart, but there's so much cool science that's going on with all these vaccine developments -- they made ing mice that have human immune systems -- that stanning some problematic drug because the fat orange likes it seems like a total waste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh hey I wonder why the rest of the world hasn't thought of that!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigPharma good now. Pick a lane.
    Very good news.
    one study had 45/45 making Ab to the virus after giving the vaccine with minimal side effects.
    This is not nearly enough people so the next phase should be really important.

Like I had said I had read before, just from the molecular structure of Covid-19, this would be a great candidate to make a vaccine for.

Anyways really good news.
    Im really having a good day now.

Step by step we move on at a quick pace. We can hope by next year or maybe the next.
    Then Who to give it to first once we produce it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. Maybe because I'm a nerd at heart, but there's so much cool science that's going on with all these vaccine developments -- they made ing mice that have human immune systems -- that stanning some problematic drug because the fat orange likes it seems like a total waste.
    When we put this much effort and $ into something and take different approaches, really good things can happen.
    It almost reminds me of our space efforts in the 50s and all the engineers that came out of it after Sputnik scared the crap out of us for some reason.
    Difference is we had a really good coordinated effort in which the government to care to pick the right people to lead it and funded them all out.
    We dont have that now. Now we actually have to be skeptical of every number put out because this WH will lie about anything.

This WH needs to get the fck out of the way; they gave up, so get out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an adult, I don't get it either.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people stanning hydroxychloroquine? If it's efficacious in some cir stances, great. But choosing that hill to die on when there are other more promising treatments is beyond me.
    Trump was able to pronounce hydroxychloroquine with some consistency but not remdesivir.

It was easier for Trump's government to hijack the supply of hydroxychloroquine and start doling it out like a drug lord.

That's about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was able to pronounce hydroxychloroquine with some consistency but not remdesivir.

It was easier for Trump's government to hijack the supply of hydroxychloroquine and start doling it out like a drug lord.

That's about it.
    Lolololol you mad at trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolololol you mad at trump
    you're mad at me for your failure

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're mad at me for your failure
    ifr less than flu

Oh no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ifr less than flu

Oh no
    Show your math

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're afraid to show your math.

Oh no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't sound very good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NO NO LET'S KEEP TRYING.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TRY IT! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now here is where we see how awful the Trump administration is.
    If these companies that are working on the same basic types of vaccines were required to share information and techniques we could move things along quicker.
    We have plenty of people at the NIH, if they have not been fired yet, that could read required updates and be allowed to coordinate information flow. Basically right now we are relying on good people hired by big corporations to do the right thing.

This thing gets done even better if there is actually COOPERATION instead of fear of losing your job to some asshole supervisor (Trumpista type) who has not a fckn clue but knows how important the bottom line is. Here is where boots actually has some good points except he goes to far and thinks they all coordinate with each other all the time to keep the masses down.

Trump has no idea what cooperation and working toward a common goal that benefits everyone means. He only understands crushing compe ion for attention and looking very orange.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is Pootin visting the White House?

U.K., U.S. and Canada report that Russian cyberspies are trying to steal vaccine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/uk-us-and-canada-report-russian-cyberspies-may-be-trying-to-steal-vaccine-research/2020/07/16/d7c0dbd6-c765-11ea-a825-8722004e4150_story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get how so many experts have said the soonest a true vaccine could possibly be thoroughly vetted would be many months out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Six monkeys vaccinated then got infected but didn't get pneumonia. Not sure I would say that's "Excellent News!".

Thread Information