Page 74 of 176 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I see why Merck issued that statement against Ivermectin. They can't make any $$$
    Why do you hate capitalism?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you hate capitalism?
    I don't. I just understand their motivation. Merck's patent expired in 1996.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin's worm medicine hard-on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 US life expectancy for African-Americans slipped 2.7 years, for Hispanic folks, 1.9 years. Essential workers are apparently the most expendable too.

Surgical masks and cloth face coverings stop droplet spray but don’t perform as well in preventing exhalation or inhalation of tiny aerosols. They may be fine for a quick trip to the store where shoppers keep six feet apart, but workers who spend many hours in crowded indoor settings, especially settings with inadequate ventilation and jobs that involve being close to other people, need much more protection. And it’s exactly those working conditions that are driving the high rates of Covid-19 among workers in nursing homes, correctional facilities, transportation, food processing, grocery stores and similar jobs involving long hours in poorly ventilated spaces. These jobs are ones in which people of color are over-represented, contributing to elevated risk of Covid-19 disease and death among Blacks, Latinos and other racial and ethnic minorities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't. I just understand their motivation. Merck's patent expired in 1996.
    Just clowning, you used to do that to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 US life expectancy for African-Americans slipped 2.7 years, for Hispanic folks, 1.9 years. Essential workers are apparently the most expendable too.
    Eyes have been criminally overlooked as entry points for the rona in closer situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyes have been criminally overlooked as entry points for the rona in closer situations.
    Yep. Hospital workers without face shields are much more likely to be infected/hospitalized. Regular eye glasses seem to provide a bit of protection too -- helps keep fingers out of eyes.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-09-2021 at 12:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deutche Welle dives into claims that the COVID vaccine kills.

tl;dr

no links found

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-no-...ths/a-56458746

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cases *appear to be* ticking up in four big states. In a week or so we should be be able to tell whether it's a true upturn or just statistical noise like backfilling.

Last edited by Winehole23; 03-10-2021 at 05:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The cases identified above are based on a sampling of SARS-CoV-2-positive specimens and do not represent the total number of B.1.1.7, B.1.351, and P.1 lineage cases that may be circulating in the United States and may not match numbers reported by states, territories, tribes, and local officials.
    In other words, this is kind of a guess. Other countries are probably better at tracking lineages than we are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cases *appear to be* ticking up in four big states. In a week or so we should be be able to tell whether it's a true upturn or just statistical noise like backfilling.

... in the context of testing down by 1/3 nationally. Less tests means less confirmed cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... in the context of testing down by 1/3 nationally. Fewer tests means fewer confirmed cases.
    Trump used to say something like that. Isn't it more likely testing is caseload driven rather than the other way around?

Or did I misunderstand you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Odd that it's not consistent with this one

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not odd at all, a lot of different orgs compile the data. It's hardly unusual for any two sources to vary on the same day. We'll see in a week or so whether it means anything or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they all matched exactly, that would be odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US agrees to purchase another 100 million J&J shots.

Wiggle room for boosters, new outbreaks and vaccine diplomacy, I guess.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ccine-n1260408

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump used to say something like that. Isn't it more likely testing is caseload driven rather than the other way around?

Or did I misunderstand you?
    One of trash's ignorant insanities was to stop testing which would mean reduced case detection and in fact the CDC sycophants downplayed testing
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-10-2021 at 08:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of trash's ignorant insanities was to stop testing which would mean reduced case detection and in fact the CDC sycophants downplayed testing
    so what do you think is up with testing now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect people hear "vaccines" and they, and maybe some state/city govts, think testing is no longer needed, so the money, testing sites, effort are in decline.

btw, variant B.1.1.7 is reported to be significantly more mortal than the original, and more transmissible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Less disease in the community. Makes the most sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less disease in the community. Makes the most sense.
    I think so too. We never ramped up testing to the degree needed for effective contact tracing and quarantines, so it's mainly patient driven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so too. We never ramped up testing to the degree needed for effective contact tracing and quarantines, so it's mainly patient driven.

The only large country that has done successful contact tracing is Australia. But, they were fast to close their borders and enforce strict quarantine on people entering their country. Our late efforts to block international travel were called xenophobic by current POTUS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only large country that has done successful contact tracing is Australia. But, they were fast to close their borders and enforce strict quarantine on people entering their country.
    If it could be done in one large country it could have been, and in fact was done in others. South Korea and China don't count?

Btw, what's your definition of large an why does it matter? 23 million people live in Taiwan, almost as many as in Australia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only large country that has done successful contact tracing is Australia. But, they were fast to close their borders and enforce strict quarantine on people entering their country. Our late efforts to block international travel were called xenophobic by current POTUS.
    your ass still hurts

Thread Information