Page 95 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 4376
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noone is saying vaccines dont work at all, pee

But efficacy will decrease. Its common ing sense. If the virus is 5 to 10 times more contagious.
    Absolutely wrong. There is no good evidence at all that the efficacy of the vaccine decreases as the e protein changes (what we call variants) In fact, it might even be better for the vaccinated. Because the variants are being spread in the unvaccinated. If you told me the virus was rampantly spreading in India among the vaccinated, that would be major trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you can call me pea.
    As in pea garden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!
    Wear a ing mask, Nancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When both Pfizer and Moderna CEO say this will have yearly boosters and mentioned variants as reason, Im sorry to say, but either Im correct or those CEOs are lying to make $

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The virus is changing its e protein among the unvaccinated population. This is where the natural selection of being more contagious, and possibly more deadly, arises. Which is why we, as in the US, need to share this damn thing because we now have too much and you are not going to get the needle nancies like derp to get poked anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When both Pfizer and Moderna CEO say this will have yearly boosters and mentioned variants as reason, Im sorry to say, but either Im correct or those CEOs are lying to make $
    Yes because the variants become the most prevalent. But this does, NOT mean if the first few variants that were the first to spread were more prevalent, that we might NOT need a booster anyway. We might need a booster either way, with the first strains, or the more prevalent strains now. This is because our immune system might not remain "aware" of the virus for a long period of time. Vaccines have varying "lifetimes" of effectiveness due to OUR immune system's reaction. Some, like polio, are basically life long. Some, like tetanus, are not.

The CEO's know this if they talk to their people. And yes if they are saying we need boosters solely because the virus has changed in population % of variants, thats just NOT true. Now if they say they have evidence that a new type of booster will have even greater efficacy against the new variants, thats good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in fact you are not sorry to say.
    You are an alarmist.
    Being aware of what we do and do not know is the way to go in science.
    Conflating what we do not know to include worse case scenarios to the press and proclaiming its definitely coming is wrong.
    Derp likes to do this as well. Trump is hiding beneath the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Business 101...the primary goal of a business is to maximize shareholder value. For BigPharma, 99% of the time, it's not about curing diseases. It's about creating future cash flow from ongoing treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Business 101...the primary goal of a business is to maximize shareholder value. For BigPharma, 99% of the time, it's not about curing diseases. It's about creating future cash flow from ongoing treatment.
    So they are lying to us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they are lying to us?
    I don't know. I wouldn't put it past them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wear a ing mask, Nancy
    Don't try to turn tables, Karen.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't try to act skeptical, Karen.

Just wear your face diapers and get your jabs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not w the rest of the world exploding w variants. Indian one alresdy seems to evade immunity why and why UK (one of the most vacvinated countries, stopped travel from it)

Maybe if rest of world gets very vacvinated (in 5-10 years)
    There is not enough data to conclude Indian variant evades vaccines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So cynical

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is not enough data to conclude Indian variant evades vaccines.
    Of course not it just came out prevalent a few weeks ago. But already theres talk.of it affecting immunity and alsondont forget Moderna, Pfizer CEOs confirming this (any variant)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to tell. Of course CEOs will say anything to e their share prices, and I'm sure they'll like to sell you polio vaccines again as well if they could.

Now it's time to get people vaccinated and see what that does to the death rate, with or without variants...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might need a booster either way, with the first strains, or the more prevalent strains now. This is because our immune system might not remain "aware" of the virus for a long period of time. Vaccines have varying "lifetimes" of effectiveness due to OUR immune system's reaction. Some, like polio, are basically life long. Some, like tetanus, are not.

The CEO's know this if they talk to their people. And yes, if they are saying we need boosters solely because the virus has changed in population % of variants, thats just NOT true. Now if they say they have evidence that a new type of booster will have even greater efficacy against the new variants, thats good.
    Of course not it just came out prevalent a few weeks ago. But already theres talk.of it affecting immunity and alsondont forget Moderna, Pfizer CEOs confirming this (any variant)
    And AGAIN because you dont get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to tell. Of course CEOs will say anything to e their share prices, and I'm sure they'll like to sell you polio vaccines again as well if they could.

Now it's time to get people vaccinated and see what that does to the death rate, with or without variants...
    CEOs good then

CEOs bad now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CEOs good then

CEOs bad now
    CEOs don't matter if we can get a handle on the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CEOs don't matter .
    Im pretty sure CEOs do matter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im pretty sure CEOs do matter
    don't just chop off the rest of the sentence, it clearly indicates what are the cir stances where they don't.

Like I said, they would love to sell you polio vaccines as well. It doesn't happen because we got polio under control a long time ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't just chop off the rest of the sentence, it clearly indicates what are the cir stances where they don't.

Like I said, they would love to sell you polio vaccines as well. It doesn't happen because we got polio under control a long time ago.
    without these CEOs we dont have vaccines nig. U cannot take them out of the equation and say "if we control this virus, well tyey dont matter"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    without these CEOs we dont have vaccines nig. U cannot take them out of the equation and say "if we control this virus, well tyey dont matter"
    again, for the upteenth time, I specified what's the case where their wishes for a yearly jab don't matter.

it wasn't a random comment, it was specifically addressing that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again, for the upteenth time, I specified what's the case where their wishes for a yearly jab don't matter.

it wasn't a random comment, it was specifically addressing that
    Of course their statements matter. They did not share that as "their wishes"

Thats not how corporations work

A CEO needs to be damned confident on a public statement such as that as there are billions and many stock holders at stake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course their statements matter. They did not share that as "their wishes"

Thats not how corporations work

A CEO needs to be damned confident on a public statement such as that as there are billions and many stock holders at stake
    I didn't say their statements don't matter, as a matter of fact I pointed out their statements have a specific target. So why try to crowbar something I didn't say?

They're simply not in control how the virus spreads and mutates. Again, this has happened many times in human history.

We've overcome a lot of diseases, from Tuberculosis to Polio to Rabies. We no longer vaccinate for all those every year, sometimes not at all these days.

We're not there yet with this virus, and I didn't say we wouldn't need to have yearly jabs, just that it's too early to tell.

Thread Information