Page 148 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4376
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

shoeless and jobless
    I have to admit I would not pass up that plum job & pension at the end of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we'll get the mix acknowlegement soon, Moderna has the best response so I'll go with them J&J for making a 2 shot a 1 shot so they could charge more
    I don't think that's true. The 1 dose is still around 80% effective in preventing moderate illness and produces a good memory B and T cell response. The study you linked to that showed the drop to only 3% effectiveness is measuring effectiveness against preventing infection. Ultimately all the vaccines will have basically 0% effectiveness against preventing infection because vaccines don't prevent infection. So I don't think J&J had any nefarious motives. Actually weren't they one of the ones who were selling it at cost?

The reason I'm not going to stick with J&J is because they killed the vaccine with the big pause. So going forward we'll always be the bas step child that nobody outside of J&J will spend money studying.

The reason I will get a booster at all is because of future variants. Shane Crotty's work showed that with each exposure to the e (virus or vaccine) your immune system is predicting how the virus might mutate and building a library of antibodies against future mutations. Pretty amazing that our immune systems have learned that viruses mutate. I'm almost 100% sure I've had a Delta "boost" not too long ago so maybe in a month or so I'll go get a vaccine boost as well. I'm in no rush so I'll wait until there have been enough guinea pigs to trigger any safety signals if there are any, doesn't look like it atm. I think it'll be the moderna.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason I will get a booster at all is because of future variants. Shane Crotty's work showed that with each exposure to the e (virus or vaccine) your immune system is predicting how the virus might mutate and building a library of antibodies against future mutations. Pretty amazing that our immune systems have learned that viruses mutate. I'm almost 100% sure I've had a Delta "boost" not too long ago so maybe in a month or so I'll go get a vaccine boost as well. I'm in no rush so I'll wait until there have been enough guinea pigs to trigger any safety signals if there are any, doesn't look like it atm. I think it'll be the moderna.
    Any reason you'd prefer Moderna over Pfizer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reason you'd prefer Moderna over Pfizer?
    In terms of the actual vaccine, no. I don't think there will be much difference in a 30 microgram or 50 microgram booster. The differences in the increase in "circulating antibodies" are meaningless. Just that I think Moderna has been the best company so far in terms of dosing, spacing, and not spreading bs to pump share price like the Pfizer ceo has done. Since this will be a long term thing I think Moderna is the train I'll get on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID was the leading cause of death for 30s-50s last month and the second leading cause of death overall in the USA.
    Not sure the Irish Times gives a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not getting a booster at all nigs.

1 and done over here

Ive moved on

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1 and done over here

Ive moved on
    So have the people getting boosters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't get the 2nd shot, are you an anti-vaxxer?
    Tick tock mother ers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

We didn't think you were being serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^mother er 1 checking in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    declaring victory again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1 and done over here

Ive moved on
    I've moved on too, just living my life. The difference is that you are young right? So you have plenty of time to build naturally acquired immune memory. I have about 10 years to gain 50 years of immune memory to this virus before I'm in a high risk age group. So I'll take the virus boosts and the vaccine boosts (after more guinea pigs go 1st).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've moved on too, just living my life. The difference is that you are young right? So you have plenty of time to build naturally acquired immune memory. I have about 10 years to gain 50 years of immune memory to this virus before I'm in a high risk age group. So I'll take the virus boosts and the vaccine boosts (after more guinea pigs go 1st).
    Yeah but hater's a fat Mexican who eats chicharron for breakfast every morning at noon isn't he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm in my 50's. I'll take my chances with natural booster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "moving on" = talking nonstop about vaccines you claim you won't take and have judged most others shouldn't take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So have the people getting boosters.
    No you losers will never move on

Boosters forever

Ive moved on. Im done. Gonna go eat a steak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do u mean how old are u? Im cool with anyone taking boosters. Yes Ill laugh at the young ones a little bit. In the end im against mandates. In the end I dont give a if you are at zero shots or at 20

Myseld. Im done and moved on. L take a booster on my 60th bday or if I get some bad disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but hater's a fat Mexican who eats chicharron for breakfast every morning at noon isn't he?
    No. Nig. I eat salad or soup at lunch. Chicharron is for the special days tbqh
    Cheers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do u mean how old are u?

I'm in my 50's. I'll take my chances with natural booster.
    Not unreasonable. My view is that I'd like my body to see this virus ( e) as many times as possible over the next 10 years. It's going to take obviously at least 3-5 years to fully burn through the population once and then it's transmission rate will slow down and probably just be a seasonal respiratory virus. So that means I may only get a natural booster one or two more times before I'm 65+. So to me it makes sense to get some vaccine boosts along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not unreasonable. My view is that I'd like my body to see this virus ( e) as many times as possible over the next 10 years. It's going to take obviously at least 3-5 years to fully burn through the population once and then it's transmission rate will slow down and probably just be a seasonal respiratory virus. So that means I may only get a natural booster one or two more times before I'm 65+. So to me it makes sense to get some vaccine boosts along the way.
    I think I've already been exposed multiple times. Since I caught the OG strain last year and had two Pfizers, I don't think I'm susceptible anymore. Who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Nig. I eat salad or soup at lunch. Chicharron is for the special days tbqh
    Cheers
    Throwing guacamole in your burrito doesn't make it a salad tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very reasonable for u to take a booster. Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throwing guacamole in your burrito doesn't make it a salad tbh
    Avocado on the salads is great

Lettuce. Tomato, cu ber, carrots and avocado. With a lil vinagrete

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avocado on the salads is great