Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had my 2nd Pfizer this morning.
    Road my bike after work.
    Nothing.

Maybe something happens tonight.
    Its somewhat worrisome that I get zero reaction. I would like to know Im manufacturing something inside.
    But I get no reaction with the flu vaccines either. Oh well. 3 more weeks and Im supposed to be good with all those memory cells ready.
    Ill just imagine that. Kinda wish I could be monitored for antibody production just for fun; it would be interesting to see the trends for the next month or so.

Im a happy boy.

Might be very minimal for you. My wife and daughter had very little side effects.

I didn't really notice it until the the first night trying to sleep and especially the following morning.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dr. Ozlem Tureci, co-founder and CMO of BioNTech, which developed a Covid vaccine with Pfizer, said she also expects people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually, like for the seasonal flu. That’s because, she said, scientists expect vaccine-induced immunity against the virus will decrease over time.
    It does for most vaccines.
    The key is having memory cells circulating. You apparently dont have to have an enormous amount of these to produce a rapid response and of course it varies from vaccine to vaccine. If it necessary to add it to the flu vaccine if they can work in unison like so many others, good deal. We have a vaccine, that works. And that IS HUGE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be very minimal for you. My wife and daughter had very little side effects.

I didn't really notice it until the the first night trying to sleep and especially the following morning.
    Well I might well get punched in the morning.
    Just knowing I have had it opens me up to seeing older relatives and this is reassuring as I have done all I can.
    The headaches... I might not even be able to tell because for the second time in two seasons I am getting very dull headaches from the oak pollen I believe. It was heavy in my area of NW SA this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dr. Ozlem Tureci, co-founder and CMO of BioNTech, which developed a Covid vaccine with Pfizer, said she also expects people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually, like for the seasonal flu. That’s because, she said, scientists expect vaccine-induced immunity against the virus will decrease over time.
    If flu shots gave you 48 hour flu, I don't think people would take them. Hard pass, for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If flu shots gave you 48 hour flu, I don't think people would take them.
    But they don't.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had my 2nd Pfizer this morning.
    Road my bike after work.
    Nothing.

Maybe something happens tonight.
    Its somewhat worrisome that I get zero reaction. I would like to know Im manufacturing something inside.
    But I get no reaction with the flu vaccines either. Oh well. 3 more weeks and Im supposed to be good with all those memory cells ready.
    Ill just imagine that. Kinda wish I could be monitored for antibody production just for fun; it would be interesting to see the trends for the next month or so.

Im a happy boy.
    I didn't really feel anything until the morning after from my second Pfizer shot. Think I got the shot around 1PM on a Friday, expected a rough Saturday, but was really only Saturday morning where I had a fever and chills for a few hours. Felt great by around lunchtime though (I know, lol Fat Antonio)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If flu shots gave you 48 hour flu, I don't think people would take them. Hard pass, for me.
    COVID shots don't give you COVID, they give you e proteins. Enormous difference from feeling like crap because of an aggressive immune response vs feeling like crap and then having problems from a virus replicating in you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmm so maybe I shud have a covid party instead of a Pfizer or Moderna
    Yeah no, ask CosmicCowboy how much fun COVID is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID shots don't give you COVID, they give you e proteins. Enormous difference from feeling like crap because of an aggressive immune response vs feeling like crap and then having problems from a virus replicating in you.
    Bend over, I'll in' replicate in you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that. I will not be taking any annual "booster" of that mRNA vaccine. Personal choice.

I'm obviously not anti-vax, just don't want that experience again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why we can't have really effective flu shots. They could boost their effectiveness with adjuvants but then even less people would take them. Sucks imo. I'd be fine with a day or two of symptoms if it locked in lifelong immunity to those flu strains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If flu shots gave you 48 hour flu-like symptoms, I don't think people would take them.

Fixed it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why we can't have really effective flu shots. They could boost their effectiveness with adjuvants but then even less people would take them. Sucks imo. I'd be fine with a day or two of symptoms if it locked in lifelong immunity to those flu strains.

Flu shots don't do anything to me, besides arm soreness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah no, ask CosmicCowboy how much fun COVID is.
    cosmic is most likely an overwheight pigman

Im fit ma nig

But I agree nothing is guaransheed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If flu shots gave you 48 hour flu-like symptoms, I don't think people would take them.

Fixed it
    Beats getting COVID, YMMV.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmm so maybe I shud have a covid party instead of a Pfizer or Moderna
    Eventually you're going to get infected, as will everyone. You can choose to get infected with a naive immune system or get vaccinated first. You'll probably survive either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't really feel anything until the morning after from my second Pfizer shot. Think I got the shot around 1PM on a Friday, expected a rough Saturday, but was really only Saturday morning where I had a fever and chills for a few hours. Felt great by around lunchtime though (I know, lol Fat Antonio)
    Maybe I get smacked tonight or early morning.
    who knows.

I do know one virus that kicked the absolute out of me and that was mono. EBV in college put me out for an entire semester as I tried to come back too soon. I have never been so tired and so weak in my life. My white blood cell count way high and they wanted me in the hospital and were worried about the liver. I will now follow doctors orders and make sure I fully recover on these types of things. I thought it was like a cold at first but my lymph nodes in my neck expanded so much I looked like some sort of toad. No big deal... wrong.

Thought I was invincible and just got punched in the face. The awakening after getting my ass kicked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cosmic is most likely an overwheight pigman

Im fit ma nig

But I agree nothing is guaransheed
    My brother is more fit that you are and very likely younger too, and it took him a couple of weeks to kick the virus and then he had nasty long haul lung problems that took about 3 months for him to kick. I also just lost a very good friend in his early 40s to COVID a few days ago. Being in shape and not being old is no guarantee, we still don't know why it is so nasty in some and just a minor cold in others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually you're going to get infected, as will everyone. You can choose to get infected with a naive immune system or get vaccinated first. You'll probably survive either way.
    He'll probably survive with the naive immune system but he will survive with an immune system trained to fight it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll probably survive with the naive immune system but he will survive with an immune system trained to fight it.
    That would be the smarter choice but he's scared of needles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My naive system has 98% chance of success. Not worried.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 hours after the second Moderna. Nothing beyond site soreness so far.

Sorry, Darrin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry, Darrin.
    Good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry, Darrin.
    Congrats on the weak immune response

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats on the weak immune response
    So what will my chances be for getting COVID after 2-3 weeks?

Please actually answer.

Thread Information