Page 140 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget your zinc, Zpaks, hydroxchloroquine, etc
    Icy Hot, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But keep washing those hands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't wash your hands before the pandemic? gross...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wash your hands. Ok

Wash your nose and throat. That's insane

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32511851/

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't wash your hands before the pandemic? gross...
    that's how he got COVID in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News for Pfizer vaccine for children 5-12:

Given how rarely children become severely ill, the trial was not big enough to draw meaningful conclusions about the vaccine’s ability to prevent Covid or hospitalization. Instead, the researchers relied on measurements of the youngsters’ immune response, on the assumption that the protective levels of antibodies seen in older people would be as protective in younger children.

The children who got the vaccine produced a strong immune response, comparable to the levels of antibodies seen in the earlier trials of participants aged 16 to 25 years. But children in the 5- to 11-year-old group achieved this response with 10 micrograms of the vaccine, a third of the dose given to older children and adults.

At higher doses, the researchers observed more side effects in younger children, including fever, headache and fatigue, although none were severe, Dr. Gruber said. With the 10-microgram dose, “we’re actually seeing after the second dose, less fever, less chills than we see in the 16- to 25-year-olds.”

Immune defenses weaken with age, and the side effects also become milder. This decline in potency is the reason most vaccines are meted out in childhood — and why a much lower dose is often enough for children, said Dr. Yvonne Maldonado, who led the trial at Stanford University and chairs the American Academy of Pediatrics’ infectious disease committee.

“You want to hit the sweet spot, where you’re giving the lowest dose that might elicit reactions, but also high enough to get you a good, sustainable antibody response,” she said.

In children younger than 5, just three micrograms — a tenth of the adult dose — is being tested in trials and seems likely to prove sufficient, she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/h...ne-pfizer.html

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    News for Pfizer vaccine for children 5-12:

Given how rarely children become severely ill, the trial was not big enough to draw meaningful conclusions about the vaccine’s ability to prevent Covid or hospitalization. Instead, the researchers relied on measurements of the youngsters’ immune response, on the assumption that the protective levels of antibodies seen in older people would be as protective in younger children.

The children who got the vaccine produced a strong immune response, comparable to the levels of antibodies seen in the earlier trials of participants aged 16 to 25 years. But children in the 5- to 11-year-old group achieved this response with 10 micrograms of the vaccine, a third of the dose given to older children and adults.

At higher doses, the researchers observed more side effects in younger children, including fever, headache and fatigue, although none were severe, Dr. Gruber said. With the 10-microgram dose, “we’re actually seeing after the second dose, less fever, less chills than we see in the 16- to 25-year-olds.”

Immune defenses weaken with age, and the side effects also become milder. This decline in potency is the reason most vaccines are meted out in childhood — and why a much lower dose is often enough for children, said Dr. Yvonne Maldonado, who led the trial at Stanford University and chairs the American Academy of Pediatrics’ infectious disease committee.

“You want to hit the sweet spot, where you’re giving the lowest dose that might elicit reactions, but also high enough to get you a good, sustainable antibody response,” she said.

In children younger than 5, just three micrograms — a tenth of the adult dose — is being tested in trials and seems likely to prove sufficient, she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/h...ne-pfizer.html
    The better half of 50% of American ma's & pa's will tell BKB Baby Killer Biden to turn that loaded syringe side-ways and shove it right up his wazoo, Dumper.

I want that in' (plan) that sucker claimed he had last year. It's safe to divulge it now:::I got him within a stone's throw from 30 stacks High Society. Friday I should be able to lodge it,,,though I may wait till "Sunday mornin' comin' down.".........

"And I stopped beside a Sunday school and listened to the songs they were singing
    Then I headed back for home and somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing
    And it echoed through the canyons like the disappearing dreams of yesterday"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The better half of 50% of American ma's & pa's will tell BKB Baby Killer Biden to turn that loaded syringe side-ways and shove it right up his wazoo, Dumper.

I want that in' (plan) that sucker claimed he had last year. It's safe to divulge it now:::I got him within a stone's throw from 30 stacks High Society. Friday I should be able to lodge it,,,though I may wait till "Sunday mornin' comin' down.".........

"And I stopped beside a Sunday school and listened to the songs they were singing
    Then I headed back for home and somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing
    And it echoed through the canyons like the disappearing dreams of yesterday"

You right wingers overestimate how much of the country you make up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    COVID is still wrecking commercial travel and hospitality

https://wolfstreet.com/2021/09/15/bu...rmal-even-was/
    Any man, woman, or child...

You'd have to be out of your in' mind to get on an airplane.
    You'd have to be out of your in' mind to go into a school.
    You'd have to be out of your in' mind to step into a crowd no matter where it assembles.

Nonetheless I'm gonna tote your ciphers. I swore to that old man via the Twitter that I'd avenge him.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You right wingers overestimate how much of the country you make up.
    Enough for this:::

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of idiots in this board think covid hospitalization for unvaxed is 25%-50%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of idiots in this board think covid hospitalization for unvaxed is 25%-50%
    Who?

Post quotes or fold.

Again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doctors don't think vaccine skeptics' acceptance of a helpful COVID-19 treatment is sufficient

some medical experts argue the antibodies aren't enough on their own to make up for the slow-down in vaccine uptake,

he infusions also take a lot of time and require a lot of attention from hospital staff.

They're also more expensive, costing the federal government about $2,100 per dose.

"It's clogging up resources,

it's hard to give, and

a vaccine is $20 and

could prevent almost all of that,"

emphasizing monoclonal antibodies and playing down vaccines is akin to "investing in car insurance without investing in brakes."

they can't keep up with the pace of more serious outbreaks.

the treatments only help individual patients,

whereas vaccines have a snowball effect,

and they also don't provide protective immunity

https://theweek.com/delta-variant/1005041/why-doctors-dont-think-vaccine-skeptics-acceptance-of-a-helpful-covid-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doctors don't think vaccine skeptics' acceptance of a helpful COVID-19 treatment is sufficient

some medical experts argue the antibodies aren't enough on their own to make up for the slow-down in vaccine uptake,

he infusions also take a lot of time and require a lot of attention from hospital staff.

They're also more expensive, costing the federal government about $2,100 per dose.

"It's clogging up resources,

it's hard to give, and

a vaccine is $20 and

could prevent almost all of that,"

emphasizing monoclonal antibodies and playing down vaccines is akin to "investing in car insurance without investing in brakes."

they can't keep up with the pace of more serious outbreaks.

the treatments only help individual patients,

whereas vaccines have a snowball effect,

and they also don't provide protective immunity

https://theweek.com/delta-variant/1005041/why-doctors-dont-think-vaccine-skeptics-acceptance-of-a-helpful-covid-19
    Except the vaxed are also needing infusions:

BALTIMORE —
    While state data shows the vast majority of Marylanders currently hospitalized with COVID-19 are either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, the percentage of people fully vaccinated is ticking upward.

Infections, illness and hospitalizations are increasing rapidly among fully vaccinated people, according to data from the Maryland Department of Health and new research.

Some experts said it's time to reframe thinking that the vaccine likely won't prevent you from ever getting sick

It's scary, very scary. You think you're safe, but you're not," said Deborah Hernandez, of Baltimore County.

Hernandez got her second dose of the Moderna vaccine in the beginning of February. Seven months later, she got COVID-19.

"I was pretty surprised to say the least," Hernandez said.

Hernandez was at the Baltimore Convention Center Field Hospital on Tuesday for a two-hour infusion with monoclonal antibodies. She's worried about long-COVID and passing the virus on to her grandchildren, especially since she had been so vigilant already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    state data shows the vast majority of Marylanders currently hospitalized with COVID-19 are either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated
    hater proving once again vaccines work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the vaxed are also needing infusions:

BALTIMORE —
    While state data shows the vast majority of Marylanders currently hospitalized with COVID-19 are either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, the percentage of people fully vaccinated is ticking upward.

So people shouldn't get vaccinated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So people shouldn't get vaccinated?
    At risk or elderly definitely

Id recommend it for anyone 40+ or fat tbqh

I was responding to Buttocks saying only non vaxed do infusions. Not true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At risk or elderly definitely

Id recommend it for anyone 40+ or fat tbqh

I was responding to Buttocks saying only non vaxed do infusions. Not true
    Why would you recommend them for those groups? All you do is post on here how ty and ineffective the vaccines are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you recommend them for those groups? All you do is post on here how ty and ineffective the vaccines are.
    They are ty. And leaky. Thats a FACT.

I believe they still might save you a trip to the hospital. So so far I still recommend them for 40+ or sick/fat tbqh

We wi ALL need infusions at some point in our life so thats why I wqs pointing it out to Buttocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater's argumentation regarding any subject:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are ty. And leaky. Thats a FACT.

I believe they still might save you a trip to the hospital. So so far I still recommend them for 40+ or sick/fat tbqh
    So vaccines that save you from trips to the hospital in a pandemic that's likely killed a million Americans are ty and leaky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So vaccines that save you from trips to the hospital in a pandemic that's likely killed a million Americans are ty and leaky.
    Correct. Those 2 points are not mutually exclusive.

My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    'bout right

Thread Information