Page 114 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a science teacher in high school day to do that whenever you feel a scratchy throat come on. I've done it ever since and it seems like it's worked for me on many occasions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

wonder if there’s data for people like yourself who had covid and also vaccinated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Get the shot, people" -- Donald Trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Get the shot, people" -- Donald Trump
    "I'm not taking it" -- Kamala Harris

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris said that President Donald Trump’s word alone on any potential coronavirus vaccine is not enough.
    Do you blame her snake "just around the corner hoax?"

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris said that President Donald Trump’s word alone on any potential coronavirus vaccine is not enough.
    Do you blame her snake "just around the corner hoax?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'm not taking it" -- Kamala Harris
    Kamala Harris 100% got the jab.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oligopolistic DISASTER CAPITALISM at its finest

In
    sulated From Patent Waivers, Pfizer and Moderna Hike Vaccine Prices

In its new supply contract with the E.U.,

Pfizer named a price of more than $23 per dose, up nearly 25% from about $18 on earlier purchases.

Moderna said in its latest agreement that its mRNA vaccine will cost one-tenth more than its previous price, charging $25.50 per dose.

0.3% of doses have been administered in low-income countries,

leading public health experts to warn that Covid-19 will continue to mutate and dangerous,

highly infectious variants like Delta will continue to emerge and spread throughout the world.

The companies are raising their prices "just in time for the Delta variant,"

Pfizer and Moderna used the "usual pharma rhetoric" in discussing the price hikes.

"Vaccines work so they increased the 'value,'"

Pfizer's sales are now expected to reach $56 billion and

Moderna's are expected to reach $30 billion.

"Our governments are complicit in this heist by pharma and companies across the board in other sectors,"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...vaccine-prices

Pfizer exec said they will later be charging $150 - $200 / dose, their habitual price for vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases: Data from the States

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/cov...om-the-states/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    broader vaccine mandates coming

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There goes the antivaxxer talking point that this isn't FDA approved. Now they'll just double down on saying the FDA rushed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There goes the antivaxxer talking point that this isn't FDA approved. Now they'll just double down on saying the FDA rushed it.
    Warp Speed bad now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Expect to scare ducks as "broader" is similar in spelling to "boarder" and he will contact his governor to protest this racist mandate from President Biden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It pisses me off that they are rushing full approval thinking it will appease the antivaxxers. It might make things worse because right now the antivaxxers are spreading a lie that the vaccines are experimental because of the EUA. Instead they will be telling the truth that the FDA rushed full approval. No way they can thoroughly complete all the tedious steps required for full approval by next month without cutting corners. Ridiculous that these idiots keep thinking if they just say or do the right thing that Robert Kennedy is going to have a eureka moment and say vaccines are good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flu Shot Protects Against Severe Effects Of COVID-19

the flu vaccine may provide vital protection against COVID-19.

the annual flu shot reduces the risks of stroke, sepsis, and DVT in patients with COVID-19.

Patients with COVID-19 who had been vaccinated against the flu were also significantly less likely to visit the emergency department and be admitted to the intensive care unit.

my team has been able to observe an association between the flu vaccine and reduced morbidity in COVID-19 patients.”

The analysis revealed that those who had not had the flu shot were significantly more likely (up to 20% more likely) to have been admitted to the ICU.

They were also significantly more likely to visit the emergency department (up to 58% more likely),

to develop sepsis (up to 45% more likely),

to have a stroke (up to 58% more likely) and

a DVT (up to 40% more likely).

The risk of death was not reduced.

https://scienceblog.com/524550/flu-shot-protects-against-severe-effects-of-covid-19

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It pisses me off that they are rushing full approval thinking it will appease the antivaxxers. It might make things worse because right now the antivaxxers are spreading a lie that the vaccines are experimental because of the EUA. Instead they will be telling the truth that the FDA rushed full approval. No way they can thoroughly complete all the tedious steps required for full approval by next month without cutting corners. Ridiculous that these idiots keep thinking if they just say or do the right thing that Robert Kennedy is going to have a eureka moment and say vaccines are good.
    LOL there is nothing they can do to get the antivaxxers on board. Can't imagine someone rather rolling the dice on the long term health impacts of COVID on a naive immune system over the so far pretty rare side effects of the vaccines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Novavax does deal with EU, vaccine not yet approved:

A total of 15,187 participants underwent randomization, and 14,039 were included in the per-protocol efficacy population. Of the participants, 27.9% were 65 years of age or older, and 44.6% had coexisting illnesses. Infections were reported in 10 participants in the vaccine group and in 96 in the placebo group, with a symptom onset of at least 7 days after the second injection, for a vaccine efficacy of 89.7% (95% confidence interval [CI], 80.2 to 94.6). No hospitalizations or deaths were reported among the 10 cases in the vaccine group. Five cases of severe infection were reported, all of which were in the placebo group. A post hoc analysis showed an efficacy of 86.3% (95% CI, 71.3 to 93.5) against the B.1.1.7 (or alpha) variant and 96.4% (95% CI, 73.8 to 99.5) against non-B.1.1.7 variants. Reactogenicity was generally mild and transient. The incidence of serious adverse events was low and similar in the two groups.
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107659

The Novavax COVID-19 vaccine contains a protein (made using moth cells) plus an adjuvant (made from tree bark). An adjuvant is an ingredient added to boost a person's immune response, creating higher levels of antibodies.

The Novavax vaccine uses a telltale piece of the coronavirus: the notorious e protein. All alone, the e protein is harmless and can't cause COVID-19. When your immune system encounters the lonely e protein, it produces antibodies against it. This gives you protection against future COVID-19 infection.

"Unlike mRNA vaccines, the e protein is already premade in the Novavax vaccine. It's a shortcut," explains Dr. Florescu. "All the synthesis happens outside the body and we just give the end product: the e protein."

Like other COVID-19 vaccines, Novavax does not cause COVID-19 infection. It can't get you sick. This vaccine doesn't contain either live or inactivated virus.

How did they get the e protein?

The Novavax method uses moth cells to make e proteins:

1. Researchers select the desired genes that create certain SARS-CoV-2 antigens ( e protein).
    2. Researchers put the genes into a baculovirus, an insect virus.
    3. The baculovirus infects moth cells and replicates inside them.
    4. These moth cells create lots of e proteins.
    5. Researchers extract and purify the e proteins.

"The Novavax vaccine has no genetic material, only proteins," says Dr. Florescu. "The vaccine technology is more traditional, and it's very similar to a protein-based influenza vaccine."

Influenza vaccines have also used this moth cell factory method.

What does the adjuvant (soapbark tree extract) do?

Adjuvants increase the immune response to a vaccine. In this vaccine, soapbark tree extract adjuvant makes achieving immunity possible with a smaller dose of the e protein.

Matrix-M is the adjuvant used by Novavax. It is based on a saponin extracted from the soapbark tree (Quillaja saponaria). The soapbark extract encourages immune cells to activate, generating a more potent immune response.

Saponins are found naturally in various plant species like beans and green peas. They're used in agriculture, animal feeds, veterinary vaccines and human food. Saponins can boost immune responses to proteins. Using the Matrix-M adjuvant, a smaller dose of e protein achieves the desired immune response.
    https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/mo...-vaccine-works

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID: 90% of patients treated with new Israeli drug discharged in 5 days

The Phase II trial for an Israeli COVID drug confirmed the results of Phase I,

which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw some

29 out of 30 patients moderate to serious recover within days.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...-5-days-675961

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

aged like milk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci describing something that already exists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone listens to that s bag Fauci any longer... That dude has always been a hack "doctor".

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin still on his Ivermectin kick?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone listens to that s bag Fauci any longer... That dude has always been a hack "doctor".
    Tell it, kori.

Testify!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin still on his Ivermectin kick?
    just take zinc and vitamin d!

Thread Information