Page 28 of 176 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not talking about ifr. I'm taking about what cons utes a pandemic. Which is death p..
    According to whom?

The CDC paints a more nuanced picture of what cons utes a pandemic. Can you point out where the CDC says death percentage is the sole determinant of a pandemic?

(Not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see your source. I read through the CDC pandemic classification pages I posted upstream, and found nothing resembling what you say. If I've missed something there, I'd be grateful if you pointed it out. If you dislike ignorance, don't hoard the knowledge.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, simple things like this, that you obviously have no clue about, are why people like you Elwrongwrong ChumpDumper WrongdomGuy shouldn't post. You dont know anything about the basis of the data being collected, nor do you understand statistics.
    The notion that people shouldn't talk about stuff they don't already know is absurd. If one had to be an expert to post on topics, conversation would soon come to an end and zero learning would take place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DarrinS: here's an existing drug that *might* be effective. (The linked study is a preprint, not peer-reviewed.)

Here we report that ethacridine, a safe and potent antiseptic use in humans, effectively inhibits SARS-CoV-2, at very low concentrations (EC50 ~ 0.08 μM). Ethacridine was identified through a high-throughput screening of an FDA-approved drug library in living cells using a fluorescent assay. Interestingly, the main mode of action of ethacridine is to inactivate virus particles, preventing binding to the host cells. Thus, our work has identified a potent drug with a distinct mode of action against SARS-CoV-2
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...042v1.full.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Venezuela claims a COVID *cure*:

President Nicolas Maduro said Venezuelan scientists have isolated a molecule that inhibits the Covid-19 virus and will ask the World Health Organization to evaluate its possible use on a global scale. The active ingredient is a derivative of ursolic acid from a plant and non-toxic to humans, Maduro said in an appearance on state television Sunday. Six months of research at the government-backed IVIC scientific ins ute led to the discovery, he said. “The molecule will be mass-produced and delivered worldwide for the cure of Covid-19,” according to Maduro.
    Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/science...19-907001.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remdesevir's "bad look"

Science has learned that both FDA’s decision and the EU deal came about under unusual cir stances that gave the company important advantages. FDA never consulted a group of outside experts that it has at the ready to weigh in on complicated antiviral drug issues. That group, the Antimicrobial Drugs Advisory Committee (ADAC), mixes infectious disease clinicians with biostatisticians, pharmacists, and a consumer representative to review all available data on experimental treatments and make recommendations to FDA about drug approvals—yet it has not convened once during the pandemic.

The European Union, meanwhile, decided to settle on the remdesivir pricing exactly 1 week before the disappointing Solidarity trial results came out. It was unaware of those results, although Gilead, as the trial’s sponsor, began to review the WHO data on 23 September and knew the trial was a bust.

“This is a very, very bad look for the FDA, and the dealings between Gilead and EU make it another layer of badness,” says Eric Topol, a cardiologist at the Scripps Research Translational Ins ute who objected to remdesivir’s FDA approval.

FDA has no obligation to convene outside panels for its decisions, stresses ADAC member David Hardy, an HIV/AIDS scientist of the University of California, Los Angeles. Yet the agency often does so for tricky drug approvals and Hardy is “amazed” the agency didn’t consult the panel in this case. “This sets the standard for the first COVID-19 antiviral,” he says. “When it comes to the point of giving pharmaceutical companies exclusive marketing rights in this area, that really is something that’s very, very important. And there does need to be more than just governmental input.”
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...-covid-19-drug

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The notion that people shouldn't talk about stuff they don't already know is absurd. If one had to be an expert to post on topics, conversation would soon come to an end and zero learning would take place.
    And zero pandemic would be in place.
    Or lockdowns
    Or masks

Gossip queens are exactly how this started

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or lockdowns
    Or masks

Wear your mask!!!! Bwahahahahahhahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or lockdowns
    Or masks

Gossip queen pointing the finger is pretty rich. You never back up your BS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... when politics is above good government and human lives

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gossip queen pointing the finger is pretty rich. You never back up your BS.
    Nwahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

You still dont know.

How cases are counted
    How deaths are counted
    What ifr is
    What cfr is
    What cons utes a pandemic.

List goes on

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You still dont know.

How cases are counted
    How deaths are counted
    What ifr is
    What cfr is

List goes on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asked Wednesday about when he expects the FDA will greenlight use of the first vaccines, Anthony Fauci moved the administration’s stated goalpost.

“Could be January, could be later. We don’t know,” Fauci, director of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in an online interview with JAMA editor Howard Bauchner.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/29/...id-19-vaccine/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Der Spiegel takes a long look at the various vaccines in the pipeline:

"Manufacturing is going be challenge fo everybody, not only for the next few months but the next 18 months," says Bancel. The steady supply of regulated medical raw materials - such as cell cultures, enzymes and lipids – is particularly sensitive. If just a single component from one of the countless suppliers around the globe is missing, the entire production could come to a halt.

And even if everything works, says Bancel, including approval, production and delivery, there will still be a vaccine shortage for the foreseeable future. "In the first half of next year, at least, maybe until Labor Day next year," says Bancel, "I anticipate that the world is going to be massively supply constrained, meaning not enough vaccine to vaccinate everybody."
    https://www.spiegel.de/international...9-f03699397ce6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On April 19, BioNTech submitted its final application for the clinical study of several vaccine candidates. Approval arrived on April 22 and the first test subject was administered with a vaccine candidate on April 23.

Of the 20 initial candidates, two particularly promising ones remain. They both target the e proteins that give the virus its distinctive appearance. "Should I sketch out the differences for you?" Sahin asks, as he heads toward a large whiteboard in his office without waiting for an answer. He draws the protein with a couple of quick lines before adding a few statistics and technical terms.

Essentially, though, his explanation boils down to the fact that one of the vaccine candidates focuses on just a part of the e protein, while the other targets the entire length of the e. Both approaches are able to deactivate the virus, but the first one triggers a slight fever for one or two days in 70 percent of the test subjects. The one that targets the entire protein, though, only triggers that side effect in 10 to 15 percent of test subjects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curevac has partnered with Elon Musk

Curevac deliberately took more time. "The field is developing rapidly, and the first substances may not be the final ones,” says Mariola Fotin-Mleczek, Curevac’s chief technology officer. The company is targeting an agent that promises to be more effective, more efficient and also easier to transport, in that it will probably need to be stored only at refrigerator temperatures.

Curevac has long had its sights set on the next crisis, and they believe they’ve found the answer, in the form of a white box, as big as a living room cupboard. A pane of glass provides a view of what’s inside. Surrounded by a maze of tubes and pumps is silver egg, encased by a magnetic ring that moves up and down. It produces RNA. The gadget can be packed into a container and shipped around the world as a portable vaccine laboratory, ready to be set up in university hospitals and laboratories, where it can then begin producing the substance needed using online instructions. "If we had an RNA printer locally, we could produce the required substance in small quan ies directly on site so that an outbreak could be controlled locally,” says CTO Fotin-Mleczek.

The device is still a prototype, but it should go into serial production within two years - with help from Elon Musk. The Tübingen-based researchers aren’t plant managers, so they have partnered with the mechanical engineering company Grohmann as their partner. The company was then acquired by Tesla, and Musk himself personally visited Tübingen over the summer to learn more about the mini-bioreactor, which now prominently features the Tesla logo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You still dont know.

How cases are counted
    How deaths are counted
    What ifr is
    What cfr is

List goes on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    240,000 people die every month in the USA.
    The most recent stats continue to show the death toll in the US is not much changed since 2019 numbers, so not sure people have died OF Covid, more like WITH COvid. The CDC says less than 6 % actually died of Covid, so death toll would be around 13,000.0
    Average age of death 78.3, versus life expectancy in the US 78.6, which would just prove the stats above
    Below 60 years of age, it is less deadly than the flu. SO all we need is to be responsible, protect the elderly and with pre existing issues, and get back to normal life.
    It is more contagious than the FLU, so GET OVER IT, everyone is going to get it sooner or later. The infected numbers are irrelevant. WE were having 30,000 infected daily with 2,000 deaths, we are not with almost 100,000 infected daily with less than 750 deaths

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    240,000 people die every month in the USA.
    The most recent stats continue to show the death toll in the US is not much changed since 2019 numbers, so not sure people have died OF Covid, more like WITH COvid. The CDC says less than 6 % actually died of Covid, so death toll would be around 13,000.0
    Average age of death 78.3, versus life expectancy in the US 78.6, which would just prove the stats above
    Below 60 years of age, it is less deadly than the flu. SO all we need is to be responsible, protect the elderly and with pre existing issues, and get back to normal life.
    It is more contagious than the FLU, so GET OVER IT, everyone is going to get it sooner or later. The infected numbers are irrelevant. WE were having 30,000 infected daily with 2,000 deaths, we are not with almost 100,000 infected daily with less than 750 deaths
    Get outta here with factz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-cell Covid immunity 'present in adults six months after first infection'

Study suggests white blood cell levels higher in people who had symptoms

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...irst-infection
    Coronavirus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIT Team's Cough Detector Identifies 97% of COVID-19 Cases Even in Asymptomatic People

https://www.sciencealert.com/ai-coug...e-asymptomatic

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIT Team's Cough Detector Identifies 97% of COVID-19 Cases Even in Asymptomatic People

https://www.sciencealert.com/ai-coug...e-asymptomatic
    99 pct survival rate with 80pct mild symptoms... its the flu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmark will cull ALL of its minks - up to 17 MILLION - after a mutated version of coronavirus was found to have spread to people on farms

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...7-MILLION.html

Thread Information