Page 27 of 176 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wear a mask because they work and are mandated.

I don't necessarily need a vaccination.

What time is it where you are?

Here's you chance to not fold!
    Bwahjaahahhaha masks dont work.
    You didn't answer the vax.
    Bwwhahhaahha

5pm

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahjaahahhaha masks dont work.
    You didn't answer the vax.
    Bwwhahhaahha

5pm
    I answered both.

"Australia"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanofi halts trials of failed COVID-19 drug

Pharmaceutical company ceases testing of possible coronavirus treatment

after adverse results including pneumonia, death

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/latest-on-coronavirus-outbreak/sanofi-halts-trials-of-failed-covid-19-drug/1959972

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remdesivir Fails to Prevent Covid-19 Deaths in Huge Trial

Critics said the study, sponsored by the W.H.O., was too poorly conducted to be definitive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/h...sivir-who.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ministry of Truthiness

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I answered both.

"Australia"
    ? You didn't. You do your scared to decide thing. You mad that I left Australia?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Death threshold has been under pandemic levels for weeks. But continue

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultrasounds show impact of COVID-19 on the heart

International study may guide therapeutic strategies in patients with and without underlying heart conditions

identifies different types of cardiac structural damage experienced by COVID-19 patients after cardiac injury that

can be associated with deadly conditions including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, heart failure, and myocarditis.

These abnormalities are associated with higher risk of death among hospitalized patients.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1026144522.htm

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultrasounds show impact of COVID-19 on the heart

International study may guide therapeutic strategies in patients with and without underlying heart conditions

identifies different types of cardiac structural damage experienced by COVID-19 patients after cardiac injury that

can be associated with deadly conditions including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, heart failure, and myocarditis.

These abnormalities are associated with higher risk of death among hospitalized patients.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1026144522.htm
    Lololooolo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death threshold has been under pandemic levels for weeks. But continue
    What is that level?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is that level?
    Approximately 5.7989%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why lie?

Is telling the truth hard for you?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why lie?

Is telling the truth hard for you?
    What was the lie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the lie?
    Can you furnish support for your figure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cannot.

He is not smart in ten threads.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Its the cdc definition of percentage of death. You dumb?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ChumpDumper fail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fldren folds again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Its the cdc definition of percentage of death. You dumb?
    I see this caveat on the CDC page. Looks like CFR isn't the sole determinant of a pandemic, nor is it necessarily a good one. The picture seems a bit more nuanced than you're giving out here, perhaps your familiarity with the source material has gotten a little rusty.

Novel Framework for Assessing Epidemiologic Effects of Influenza Epidemics and Pandemics
    Historically, assessment of influenza pandemic effects has been characterized by using an estimate of the overall CFR (4). Although this approach provided guidance for planning and projections of the expected number of deaths from pandemic influenza in the population, using that ratio alone presents several challenges. First, deaths from influenza may occur weeks after illness begins and can also be subject to reporting bias, delaying the ability of public health and government leaders to quickly issue recommendations for evidence-based public health interventions if they lack an accurate estimate of CFR. Second, a single overall CFR does not fully account for the varying effects a seasonal epidemic or pandemic could have on vulnerable population subgroups, which could include children or the elderly, those with chronic conditions, or certain racial and ethnic minorities. Finally, CFR does not address other societal effects, such as absenteeism or the demand on health care services from excess outpatient visits and hospitalizations, that could result from increased transmission. Because of these limitations, relying on CFR as a single measure of the effects on a population may make an assessment difficult if such data are not yet available early in a pandemic or misleading if the available data are not well characterized and the biases are not well understood.
    Rather than rely only on a single measure, such as the CFR, to assess the potential effects of a pandemic, which may be misleading if those data are unavailable or not representative early in the pandemic, we incorporated several epidemiologic measures into the framework, although the CFR remains a valuable measure of clinical severity. With the creation of a standard scale that includes multiple epidemiologic measures, a variety of data may be incorporated to help synthesize these different measures into an overall indicator of transmissibility and clinical severity.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...framework.html
    file:///C:/Users/PF0F7MTF/Downloads/12-0124-TECHAPP1.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find your cited figure (Approximately 5.7989%) , perhaps you can point it out for me. Going by CFR alone, as you've suggested is commonly done, suggests a clinical severity of 7 in the USA. Dunno if the other parameters line up, but declaring the pandemic over seems hasty.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/19/1/12-0124-t2
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-28-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this caveat on the CDC page. Looks like CFR isn't the sole determinant of a pandemic, nor is it necessarily a good one. The picture seems a bit more nuanced than you're giving out here, perhaps your familiarity with the source material has gotten a little rusty.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...framework.html
    file:///C:/Users/PF0F7MTF/Downloads/12-0124-TECHAPP1.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find your cited figure (Approximately 5.7989%) , perhaps you can point it out for me. Going by CFR alone, as you've suggested is commonly done, suggests a clinical severity of 7 in the USA. Dunno if the other parameters line up, but declaring the pandemic over seems hasty.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/19/1/12-0124-t2
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
    Cfr isn't the threshold, dunce, the threshold is the proportion of death from covid as compared to expected annual.

This is why you shouldn't post. This literally explains why ifr is better than cfr.

The percentage i gave you was an approx value of expected.

Them stats tho

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cfr isn't the threshold, dunce, the threshold is the proportion of death from covid as compared to expected annual.

This is why you shouldn't post. This literally explains why ifr is better than cfr.

Them stats tho
    I will also add i got ifr closer to accurate, than the cdc, 9 months ago and have been more correct even with their poisonings and lockdown deaths added into the "pandemic"

I won

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's sort of why I posted it. You didn't make clear you were talking about ifr. FWIW, I didn't latch onto cfr as a pandemic parameter all by myself, it's discussed as one by the CDC, with multiple caveats.

Expected ifr for a pandemic threshold?

Show your math or cite your source.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's sort of why I posted it. You didn't make clear you were talking about ifr. FWIW, I didn't latch onto cfr as a pandemic parameter all by myself, it's discussed as one by the CDC, with multiple caveats.

Expected ifr for a pandemic threshold?

Show your math or cite your source.
    I'm not talking about ifr. I'm taking about what cons utes a pandemic. Which is death p.

Again, simple things like this, that you obviously have no clue about, are why people like you Elwrongwrong ChumpDumper WrongdomGuy shouldn't post. You dont know anything about the basis of the data being collected, nor do you understand statistics.

Thread Information