Page 59 of 176 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not just the supply chain. The process for getting appointments, at least here in SA, is stupid. At the place I'm trying to get my mom an appointment, its a telephone number that you have to keep calling and hope you eventually don't get a busy signal. I guess they didn't design a web portal or app, probably assuming the elderly/poor wouldn't have access? There has to be a better way to streamline appointments.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, take care of your loved one.
    Lol9loloo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's the Pfizer one, you have to keep it frozen even while transporting. I can see that causing some challenges, especially in small, far away towns.
    Yeah though the dry ice packing is is well known but what does Amazon's logistics bring to that is it really add anything
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah though the dry ice packing is is well known but what does Amazon's logistics bring to that is it really add anything
    ?
    Scale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not just the supply chain. The process for getting appointments, at least here in SA, is stupid. At the place I'm trying to get my mom an appointment, its a telephone number that you have to keep calling and hope you eventually don't get a busy signal. I guess they didn't design a web portal or app, probably assuming the elderly/poor wouldn't have access? There has to be a better way to streamline appointments.
    UCLA here has a web portal and I've been getting emails that we'll get an invite through it. Looks pretty straightforward.

But that's sort of the problem when you don't roll out a federal program. You have a hodge podge of things depending where you live.

?
    Amazon has had it's own fleet of trucks and planes for a while now, they only use USPS for the last mile, and still deliver to the middle of nowhere in 2-3 days.

When you need to do mass distribution, it's difficult to beat their logistics, and not really cost-effective if it's a temporary problem, like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ meltdown

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UCLA here has a web portal and I've been getting emails that we'll get an invite through it. Looks pretty straightforward.

But that's sort of the problem when you don't roll out a federal program. You have a hodge podge of things depending where you live.

Amazon has had it's own fleet of trucks and planes for a while now, they only use USPS for the last mile, and still deliver to the middle of nowhere in 2-3 days.

When you need to do mass distribution, it's difficult to beat their logistics, and not really cost-effective if it's a temporary problem, like this.
    Lollooll

U need healing

Bwahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ another meltdown and a fold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lollooll

U need healing

Bwahahahaha

You offer absolutely zilch to the conversation (any conversation). off and die in a fire!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They had a very orderly and streamlined process for medical workers and teachers. General public? Not so much. Demand far outpacing supply, at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had a very orderly and streamlined process for medical workers and teachers. General public? Not so much. Demand far outpacing supply, at this point.
    Yep, and it makes sense too. There's been a discussion on whether to stock up the booster or just give everyone the first dose, and that's because supply is constrained.

On top of that the deals they made with CVS/Walgreens was pretty ty, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, and it makes sense too. There's been a discussion on whether to stock up the booster or just give everyone the first dose, and that's because supply is constrained.

On top of that the deals they made with CVS/Walgreens was pretty ty, IIRC.
    Can't get it here yet though CVS/Walgreens/HEB.

Told my mom to wait until demand dies down. They opened it up to 65+ and 18+ (with underlying conditions), so that's probably more than half this fat population.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You offer absolutely zilch to the conversation (any conversation). off and die in a fire!

I don't know why people even respond to him. I can't even troll as bad as he does, no matter how hard I try.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't get it here yet though CVS/Walgreens/HEB.

Told my mom to wait until demand dies down. They opened it up to 65+ and 18+ (with underlying conditions), so that's probably more than half this fat population.
    Is she over 65? My inlaws got it at Wonderland Mall. They said it was really well organized, no line or anything.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Alamodome has online signups but damn you have to fill out name and address and all other kinds of , so go to their online registration (there is nothing open right now) to see what information you need to stick in a text file for quick copy and paste for when you're actually doing the sign-up when there are slots if you want to try there.

https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/Servi...n-for-COVID-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still alive. You guys don't want to get this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, mine was pretty typical. I caught it from an employee before he started showing symptoms. Got exposed Monday, he started showing symptoms Tuesday, and I started feeling like Wednesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still alive. You guys don't want to get this .
    , you got it right now? I have a young family member in incredible shape and he has some ugly long haul problems with it two months later. Yeah people really don't want to get this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side even though I know quite a few people who have gotten it and tested positive this latest wave, no one I know has died of it since August. And the only person I know recently who was hospitalized turned out to be negative and had non-COVID pneumonia and was ok in a few days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , you got it right now? I have a young family member in incredible shape and he has some ugly long haul problems with it two months later. Yeah people really don't want to get this.
    Yeah, I'm a week into it. I think I'm through the worst now. Trying to stay on top of it. In the parking lot at my docs right now getting an IV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A friend got the pzifer vaccine last week and seems she has symptoms and was in contact with a positive person last sunday.

She most likely has it. And days after getting vaccine

Dumbass shoulda quarantined 2 weeks after the jab

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side even though I know quite a few people who have gotten it and tested positive this latest wave, no one I know has died of it since August. And the only person I know recently who was hospitalized turned out to be negative and had non-COVID pneumonia and was ok in a few days.
    I think about 80K have been vaxed in Bexar cty. 1M+ to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm a week into it. I think I'm through the worst now. Trying to stay on top of it. In the parking lot at my docs right now getting an IV.
    get well soon, CC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, mine was pretty typical. I caught it from an employee before he started showing symptoms. Got exposed Monday, he started showing symptoms Tuesday, and I started feeling like Wednesday.
    Makes sense. People are most infectious 24 hrs before symptoms which is what makes this virus such a to contain.

You should be at the point where you either just get over the bug or you head down the immune dysregulation phase. So I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big if replicable. oral outpatient treatment.

grano salis, this is the press release, more or less

In 4,159 patients proven to be diagnosed with COVID-19 using a PCR test, colchicine resulted in a 25% decrease in hospitalizations, a 50% decrease in the use of ventilation and a decrease in deaths by 44%. “It’s a major breakthrough,” says Dr Late.

Colchicine works to prevent the “major inflammatory storm” that affects the lungs and can send patients to hospital.
    https://thecanadian.news/2021/01/23/...reat-covid-19/

Thread Information